• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

car alarm fuse which one?

I have the same problem and when I have to go to the store of something I pop the rear hatch so the alarm won’t activate till I replace the door switches.

This defective factory alarm was taken care many years back under warranty, mine included. Undergoodwill they may provide this service ask your local dealer.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/antitheft-keyless.htm

TSB93-007

Explanation: This unlocking problem is attributed to HOW you lock your car. After testing the keyless on my car extensively, what it boils down to is that you must lock your car with the keyless entry or with the key.

The system is not smart enough to detect when the door is locked using the interior door lock switch. When you lock your car this way, the keyless entry system "thinks" that the car is still unlocked even though it actually is. Hence, when you try to unlock your car with the remote on the first try, you are actually locking it. The second try is necessary to unlock the car.

By using your remote or car key to lock your car, you're keyless entry will always unlock the doors on the first try. You just may want to get into the habit of using the interior door lock switch to lock the doors only when you are inside driving the car.

You can just unplug the switch for the hood and then it will not arm.

hey brian my speakers still work great. thank you for the excllent work.

i do not know where the hood switch plug is. i do have a service manual
(1992).should i just look up hood switch in the service manual then unplug it?
what color is it?
TIA

This defective factory alarm was taken care many years back under warranty, mine included. Undergoodwill they may provide this service ask your local dealer.

TSB93-007

Explanation: This unlocking problem is attributed to HOW you lock your car. After testing the keyless on my car extensively, what it boils down to is that you must lock your car with the keyless entry or with the key.

The system is not smart enough to detect when the door is locked using the interior door lock switch. When you lock your car this way, the keyless entry system "thinks" that the car is still unlocked even though it actually is. Hence, when you try to unlock your car with the remote on the first try, you are actually locking it. The second try is necessary to unlock the car.

By using your remote or car key to lock your car, you're keyless entry will always unlock the doors on the first try. You just may want to get into the habit of using the interior door lock switch to lock the doors only when you are inside driving the car.

i will try it!
how did you figure this out?

TSB93-007

did not work. it still alarms...

hey brian my speakers still work great. thank you for the excllent work.

i do not know where the hood switch plug is. i do have a service manual
(1992).should i just look up hood switch in the service manual then unplug it?
what color is it?
TIA

hi brian. i unplugged the hood switch the 1992 NSX still alarms when i put a key in the driver's side door!!
(about 50% of the time).:eek:

Correction the switch is open when the hood is closed so unpluging it will not stop the system from arming. You will need to unplug it but then jumper the car side of the plug.

i probably do not have the skill set to jumper the car side of the plug.
i have never jumpered anything before and i do not know what to jumper the car side of the plug to. i guess i will have to take it to the dealer:rolleyes:

i probably do not have the skill set to jumper the car side of the plug.
i have never jumpered anything before and i do not know what to jumper the car side of the plug to. i guess i will have to take it to the dealer:rolleyes:

Maybe it is a bit difficult if you are not comfortable with doing electrical. But you would jump the wire to a round. So basically most bare metal parts on your car. Usually you would use a ring terminal and use some OEM bolt to secure the ring terminal, then take the other end of the wire on the ring terminal and splice it into the plug or wire.

Quick way that many Legend owners prevent the factory alarm from arming (due to a bad door lock acutator) is to disconnect the hood switch and simply jump the car side of the plug with a paper clip (straighten out a paper clip and stick one end of it in each terminal of the plug). You can then wrap it up in a bit of electrical tape, and you're done.

I have not seen how the alarm switch for the key is setup but I would guess spraying the cylinder would not get to the switch. I also assume the switch contacts are the problem and they would be separately enclosed so even if you could get to it you would not have access to the contacts.

Back