• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car and Driver Ann'y in Indy

95NSXT said:
Do the 03/04 Evo's have the ability to shift the power?

No it's has a viscous center diff and not electronical. Please pm if you have any questions since we are going off topic.

04 subaur's has a huge flaw in rear inverted strut design. The geometry causes the bushings to wear extensively that it sounds like the diff is hitting in the back. Many owner is in denial and kept hush, hush since the root of the noise is hard to fine. My friend hooked up test equipment to prove to the dealer that the design is flawed and because of the annoying noise he went with an 05.

03/04 evos i believe have transfer case problems and clutch engagement causing rapid wear. I think it is due to everywhere else in the world, the center diff is electronical and the viscous center is a US special for people who doen't know and create higher profit. Using a viscous vs electronal is mitsubishi's way to water down the evo and lower the MSRP.

Back