• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car cover and Shark Antenna?

Can you just unscrew the antenna when covering the car?
or you can add a "sock" to the cover as our S2000 cover has. You will have to be able to sew:
S2000_cover_sm.jpg

Last edited:
I have the SOS Satin Cover and a shark antenna. I just unscrew the antenna whenusing the cover. Takes 2 seconds.

I have the SOS Satin Cover and a shark antenna. I just unscrew the antenna whenusing the cover. Takes 2 seconds.

I wasn't aware that the antenna unscrewed :eek: That could solve the problem. I like the sock idea too but I would have to hire a seamstress to help me with that. Thanks for the ideas guys :smile:

The cover I bought from SOS has a plastic gromet included. It snaps on where you want it to and then you cut the hole. I find that much more efficient than on/off with an antenna.

The cover I bought from SOS has a plastic gromet included. It snaps on where you want it to and then you cut the hole. I find that much more efficient than on/off with an antenna.

But then the poor antenna is left exposed to all the harsh elements. :D

I wasn't aware that the antenna unscrewed :eek: That could solve the problem. I like the sock idea too but I would have to hire a seamstress to help me with that. Thanks for the ideas guys :smile:

This past weekend, I confirmed that my Shark mast does indeed screw off :biggrin: Problem solved - now all I have to do is find the OEM cover for the best price and place my order. Anyone know of any deals? $240 shipped from eBay is the best that I've found so far. Acurapartspeople.com had it listed for $160 but when I inquired about availability, they caught their pricing mistake and pushed it back up to $228 :frown:

OMG, LOL, well, I made a HOLE on my cover many years ago, my car spends like 85% of it's time parked under the cover ... oh well, still is fine! LOL

my car spends like 85% of it's time parked under the cover...LOL!

"LOL"??? Really? You think it's funny NOT driving the car?!?

If you're not driving it...give it a better home. That's like marrying a very attractive woman only to live a celibate marriage with her.

Not driving an NSX should be a crime. :D

Go make some mechanical music...& turn the car cover into a painting tarp. :)

Last edited:
"LOL"??? Really? You think it's funny NOT driving the car?!?

If you're not driving it...give it a better home. That's like marrying a very attractive woman only to live a celibate marriage with her.

Not driving an NSX should be a crime. :D

Go make some mechanical music...& turn the car cover into a painting tarp. :)

I said: "..... of it's time parked" ... like, when the car is parked i normally throw the cover on, although mine is not a DD still in 3 years has seen exactly 33K miles, remember, is not a DD, I drive a Honda passport everyday! :D .. but I get your point!

Oscar

I said: "..... of it's time parked" ... like, when the car is parked i normally throw the cover on, although mine is not a DD still in 3 years has seen exactly 33K miles, remember, is not a DD, I drive a Honda passport everyday! :D .. but I get your point!

Oscar

Thank God you are sane! :)

I was, of course, just ribbing you.

+1 on the Honda daily driver (ditto)...keep it in the family!

Since I got my NSX i had the S2k, 05 RL, RDX, ... then after some bad times and divorces .. I am with my '95 Passport, but I do love my rust bucket, makes the NSX switch even more glorious! LOL :tongue:

I agree - my DD is a '97 Prelude SH and I keep it pristine as well :biggrin:

+1 on the Prelude!

My daily driver...and my "company car". :D

(Yes, that's a Prelude..."Type-R") ;)

Last edited:
Sweet lude, men, those 97+ are so clean, and your interior is mint!

I miss mine dearly:

lude_aug06.jpg

Sweet lude...and your interior is mint!

Thanks man!

I try to keep it clean...the kind of people that drive dirty cars are the same kind of people that would wear dirty underwear. :D

Back