• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car Covers for Winter Sleeping

Hi Guys,

I very possibly may be picking up an NSX in the near future. However, I'm going to have to put her to bed early for the winter.
That being said, I may be in need of a car cover.

Does anyone have any specific recommendations of which covers are best (brands/materials)?
Does anyone know where I may be able to get my hands on one?
Also, would there be any harm in keeping the car uncovered for upwards of a month in the event that I can't get my hands on one until then?

And not to make this a parts wanted ad but:

Does anyone have any oem car covers lying around they no longer want?

Thanks,

Lucas

I personally have a Covercraft form fit cover which is NSX specific and contoured specifically to the car. It has mirror pockets, fits the car perfectly. It has a cotton inside fleece finish so it wont scratch at all and a thicker outer layer. I find this better than the traditional thin satin style which just drape over the car because it offers more protection should something or someone brush up against the car.

We sell them here at Teknotik, but they are special order. Even Covercraft makes this application as made to order. Generally its a 2-3 week turnaround to have them made. They will also made custom modification to the pattern based on your car - so if you have a lets say very large wing, they will modify the template accordingly (best to provide measurements). They are available in 6 different colours. Covercraft also makes many universal covers in several materials for both indoor and outdoor use. Perhaps if there is enough people without a cover we could work out a group buy?

Here is a link:

http://www.global-accessories.com/p...ccessories.com/shopcart/cart.phtml?action=add

I can take some pics of the material and fit if you are interested.

Last edited:
Thanks Eric,

Fortunately I will no longer be needing a cover.
But I invite those who do to try and set up a group buy on this thread?
Either way, thanks for the heads up.

Lucas

Back