• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car got broken into..:(

What a night. I get off of work at 11:30pm, walk to my car and realize that someone had broken into it with a Honda Master Key, :mad: they even tried to start it up and drive off because the car was making that beeping sound when i opened the door. In the end they only took my knife, camera, flashlight, and owners manual???? ( which is the weirdest thing ever) Has anyone ever had the same experience were their owners manual was taken?

YUMNA2 said:
What a night. I get off of work at 11:30pm, walk to my car and realize that someone had broken into it with a Honda Master Key, :mad: they even tried to start it up and drive off because the car was making that beeping sound when i opened the door. In the end they only took my knife, camera, flashlight, and owners manual???? ( which is the weirdest thing ever) Has anyone ever had the same experience were their owners manual was taken?
Sorry to here that but at least nothing was damaged, it could have been worse. What is the beeping sound that you are talking about? My 2002 LBBP is being delivered today :smile: . I also think it will appear on ebay.

if these are kids they may have not taken your manual to sell, but they probably really liked that leather case for their lil honda civic or integra :mad:

The one I had in the UK was broken into. Screwed up everything. Even had to get new airbags. They grabbed my frequency off my keyless system for entry.

Block you VIN number on your dash. Put a business card there. A thief may be able to get a key or transponder signal from you VIN.

Dtrigg said:
The one I had in the UK was broken into. Screwed up everything. Even had to get new airbags. They grabbed my frequency off my keyless system for entry.

Your lucky they used a key!

Silver F16 said:
Block you VIN number on your dash. Put a business card there. A thief may be able to get a key or transponder signal from you VIN.

I agree, I support the local firemans charity, and they gave me a sticker which i placed over my VIN #. I hate it when people can see my vin, they try to guess the year....

Thanks for the advice you guys! But I was just wondering if anyone would happen to know how many Keys are given to you when you buy the NSX. I've found 2 more keys, all together I have a red one, black one, and grey one, does anyone know if there are more keys for NSX built after 2002. thanks

YUMNA2 said:

What is a "Honda Master Key"? :confused:

YUMNA2 said:
Thanks for the advice you guys! But I was just wondering if anyone would happen to know how many Keys are given to you when you buy the NSX. I've found 2 more keys, all together I have a red one, black one, and grey one, does anyone know if there are more keys for NSX built after 2002. thanks

New car comes with: 2 black (with keyless fobs), 1 grey, 1 red...........

This is one thing i really dislike about the holidays... Every year christmas rolls around and cars start getting broken into and stolen left or right... damn im a start sleeping in the supra this happened in the bay area it looks like...:frown:

The most common reason cars are stolen this time of year is that people who park them outside start them and let them run to warm up, de-ice, etc. and some opportunistic thief comes along and say oh well, if they are going to leave it out here running I might as well take it for a ride.
Imagine someone taking an NSX-so long as you discovered it missing quickly, they would likely be spotted and arrested quickly. Even where I live, where we have a lot of high end cars, I still only see an NSX about 3 times a month.

Hothonda said:
New car comes with: 2 black (with keyless fobs), 1 grey, 1 red...........

Stupid question: Do the newer models not come with the Titanium key? If not, sorry to hear. That is one of the unique characteristics to the NSX (among numerous others!).

Chuck

BTW-sorry to hear of your misfortune. Like others mentioned, thankfully they didn't break anything.

94BlkNSXinNC:

Nope they don't as far as i know.

Plus:

When i get my NSX i will get a CarTracker via GPS Come's standart with insurance

94BlkNSXinNC said:
Stupid question: Do the newer models not come with the Titanium key? If not, sorry to hear. That is one of the unique characteristics to the NSX (among numerous others!).

Chuck

BTW-sorry to hear of your misfortune. Like others mentioned, thankfully they didn't break anything.

they dont because they have an imobilizer in the plastic key. Iv heard of people taping there plastic key under the dash so that they can get and use a titanium key though.

Back