• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car show embarrassment

We all are familiar with the wrecks that usually go along with some of the Cars & Coffee meets.

This one was different.

The owner was showing off his engine and he found mice shit all over the engine compartment in this:

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 302
That sucks. I'd keep an eye out for it on your new hybrid NSX though too.

Honda and Toyota are trying to lead the way in environmental friendliness and have been switching to soy-based insulation for their wires. There's been so many warranty claims for rodents chewing through wires (especially on the hybrid vehicles) that Honda has developed rodent-resistant tape for the techs to go into problem areas and re-wrap the wires. Wire loom replacement costs are huge warranty items....

I don't live in an area with a rodent problem, but I keep a few hybrids parked outside as DD's. In the fall and winter I have to spray the interior and engine compartments down with peppermint oil to try and keep them away.

That sucks. I'd keep an eye out for it on your new hybrid NSX though too.

Honda and Toyota are trying to lead the way in environmental friendliness and have been switching to soy-based insulation for their wires. There's been so many warranty claims for rodents chewing through wires (especially on the hybrid vehicles) that Honda has developed rodent-resistant tape for the techs to go into problem areas and re-wrap the wires. Wire loom replacement costs are huge warranty items....

I don't live in an area with a rodent problem, but I keep a few hybrids parked outside as DD's. In the fall and winter I have to spray the interior and engine compartments down with peppermint oil to try and keep them away.

I think GM is using biodegradable plastic.

Ask anyone who owned an original CTS-V and had the rear sail panel blow off when a window got opened.

It's not unusual, if car is used and parked where after the drive mice can get in for a night sleep and warmup (those times of the year). When there, yes they shit. Fun fact, when I picked up my NSX years ago, after long drive I was poking around the engine bay (everything new to me) and weird smell was there. It wasn't until months later when I was pulling intake manifold off.. in the V of the engine there was a ton of mice shit. Cozy living.

......preferable to human shit..........:eek:

Back