• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caravan to NSXPO - Wednesday, 10/27/10

There is going to be a caravan to NSXPO in Las Vegas, Nevada from the San Francisco Bay Area. All NSX owners are welcome to join in!

A Single Day Run 530-miles

Date: Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Starbuck's
125 Bernal Road
San Jose, CA 95119

Time: Depart 6:30 A.M. SHARP

This location has Starbuck's, McDonald's, Regal Bagel, Jack in the Box, fuel stop in addition to a large parking area.

Bring FRS Radios! More details to follow.

1) Mike C
2) 02-#154
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

Last edited:
Awww... I was already included in the initial post :smile::smile:

I feel all special. Thanks, Yo!

J

I will probably join but will have to meet up with the caravan somewhere on the 5.

Is this a one shot to vegas? I've never been there...my first trip as an adult :)

Please add me to the list

Ntgr8td (+1 passenger)

1) Mike C
2) 02-#154
3) yojack
4) Dhalsim (will join the caravan on I5)
5) ntgr8td +1
6)
7)

Is this a one shot to vegas?

Yeah, the route we have planned is a one-day stint. But we'll have stops every couple of hours or so for restroom and snacks and maybe one longer stop for "lunch" at like a McD's or something where we can dine and dash (not a "sit down" restaurant)

J

beware. last time i drove to vegas on a weekday, i got caught at 96. :smile:

1) Mike C
2) 02-#154
3) yojack
5) ntgr8td +1
6) iCEE
7)
8)

I'm so there. This will be epic.

1) Mike C
2) 02-#154
3) yojack
5) ntgr8td +1
6) iCEE
7) flaminio +1
8)

Glad to see NorCal representing at NSXPO. Originally from San Francisco and hope to be up there wth my car one day at one of your events. May I suggest 101 S. Lunch at Paso Robles (some nice vineyards there)/Morro Bay. Then 46 E and meet up with the Sacramento group (coming down I5) at the Lost Hills exit (5 x 46). Continue on 46E to 99S then 58S to 15E. Better yet, 101S to Solvang, lunch, 101/1S to 126E to 14N to Palmdale then 18E to 15N to Las Vegas. Mostly two lane roads. Sounds like an awesome trip for a group drive.

Regards,

Danny

1) Mike C
2) 02-#154
3) yojack
5) ntgr8td +1
6) iCEE
7) flaminio +1
8) SFNSXguy (from the other thread)
9)
10)
11)

Glad to see NorCal representing at NSXPO. Originally from San Francisco and hope to be up there wth my car one day at one of your events. May I suggest 101 S. Lunch at Paso Robles (some nice vineyards there)/Morro Bay. Then 46 E and meet up with the Sacramento group (coming down I5) at the Lost Hills exit (5 x 46). Continue on 46E to 99S then 58S to 15E. Better yet, 101S to Solvang, lunch, 101/1S to 126E to 14N to Palmdale then 18E to 15N to Las Vegas. Mostly two lane roads. Sounds like an awesome trip for a group drive.

Regards,

Danny

Thats a 400 mile drive after lunch. It's even longer going south on 101. We would need two days with this delicate group. I even thought of going by Lake Isabella and through Death Valley from Bakersfield on some real driving roads but guys look at me like I'm crazy.:confused: I've done this route many times with Zs, Vettes and Dam motorhomes pulling a tow vehicle.

These bambi's just want to get there easy and straight as they can. NSX owners are to scared to leave their comfort zone on a remote drive, the Interstate. Easy access for over eating and Kitty liter box emergencies, boring roads with tow services (just in case these whimpy cars blow up from all those hard miles).:wink: That means the thrill of Hyw 5 / 46 /58 / 15 and staring only at the car in front or behind, missing out on the greatest opportunity to do something really spectacular as a group.

Just to prove I'm right, lets see how many "scaredy kats "either confirm, ignore or deny these tid-bits with tales of horror, fear, we ain't got time or I didn't see this post.:eek:

Come-on guys, if your going, put your money where your mouth is, lets hear from you and get some input!

How would you like to get to Vegas? on tiger paws or a freaking flying carpet.:rolleyes:

Jack the "Thrill Seeker":cool:

Just remember I love all you Whimps:smile:

Last edited:
I will probably join but will have to meet up with the caravan somewhere on the 5.

Thought you were trailering down to LA. Then heading out from there!

Jack

Jack, i've driven my nsx on these roads going to the 05 nsxpo. and it's a Long Ass way....................Bill
I already told Lowellhigh79 he's outa his mind for bringing up such an unworldly drive for the common NSX owner.

Jack "who loves mindless unworldly NSX drives".

Jack, i've driven my nsx on these roads going to the 05 nsxpo. and it's a Long Ass way....................Bill

Oh I forgot, I need a picture of you and your NSX anywhere within 50 miles of Stove Pipe Wells and a brief discription of the days drive for verification.:wink:
You don't count anyways, you've already indicated that your driving the flying carpet a day earlier so that you can be the only NSX cruzin through beautiful downtown Barstow.
Don't forget a photo shoot at the worlds largest thermometer and slurp a strawberry shake at the "world famous" Mad Greek in picturesque Baker Cal. 52 miles east of, you guessed it, Barstow!

Showoff:biggrin:

Jack "Death Valley explorer and tour directer":smile:

These bambi's just want to get there easy and straight as they can. NSX owners are to scared to leave their comfort zone on a remote drive, the Interstate. Easy access for over eating and Kitty liter box emergencies, boring roads with tow services (just in case these whimpy cars blow up from all those hard miles).:wink: That means the thrill of Hyw 5 / 46 /58 / 15 and staring only at the car in front or behind, missing out on the greatest opportunity to do something really spectacular as a group.

Hey, hey, hey! "Tekk ihd eesy okay, meng"? (Imagine Tony Montana).:biggrin:

I know you're not referring to your consultant, are you? :tongue:

I like fun drives just as much as the next guy/gal but driving to Vegas... I just want to get there, not take the scenic route. It's gonna be bad enough that I'm sitting and driving for 10 hours. I just don't want to add to that seat time in one day, even if it's for fun.

Okay, okay. It's not so much that as it is that I'm a bambi... :tongue::tongue::tongue:

J

I like fun drives just as much as the next guy/gal but driving to Vegas... I just want to get there, not take the scenic route. It's gonna be bad enough that I'm sitting and driving for 10 hours. I just don't want to add to that seat time in one day, even if it's for fun.

Okay, okay. It's not so much that as it is that I'm a bambi... :tongue::tongue::tongue:

J

Did I mention one day?:rolleyes: I thought my good buddy Danny (Lowellhigh79) and I mentioned that we like to stretch those 550 mile days into two and have a nice scenic and pleasant 6- hour tour with lots of photo opportunities.:smile:

The flying carpet ride is one day!:eek:

Jack "he with the half sore ass"

Last edited:
I've done 17 hrs behind the wheel of the NSX all in the one day. I guess your are right Jack ...bunch of Bambi asses!!!....:wink:

J

James, there is no way that you are a Bambi.

Now my other consultant, thats another story!:eek:

Jack " the story teller"

I've done 17 hrs behind the wheel of the NSX all in the one day. I guess your are right Jack ...bunch of Bambi asses!!!....:wink:

Who and the hell do you think you are :confused:

You Bambi Basher

Jack "bambi protecter and labeler":smile:

Jack, i only bash after I've popped and gutted them....:eek:

Hope you're planning on going down #5.... 101 is crap.

Back