• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber – French Racing Blue NSX Epic Build Thread

Beautiful work but I would have left it white as I'm not a fan of the smurfy blue :) Awesome NSX though, and great build! Congrats

I had no problem with the rims balancing out because of the carbon fiber overlay. As for the carbon fiber overlay that we did over the roof, rims and parts really serving no purpose, for me it does. Because it achieved what we wanted, which was to think outside the box and be different. I just didn't want to spray my roof black or have black rims. I wanted something that was unique and clean but also good for advertising for my shop too. I must say one of the hardest things of this whole build was going from white to the French racing blue, because honestly I've always dreamed of having a white NSX with a 2002+ frontend. But I am more than happy with the end results of this build.

So all of the CF you have on the car is purely cosmetic (all wrap) and non functional? While I appreciate the overall build and attention to detail, all the non-functional CF drives me bonkers :confused: Maybe I'm in the minority, but I can't stand the CF "look."

i agree with you, generally speaking.......but I still think his final product is very, very nice.

I had no problem with the rims balancing out because of the carbon fiber overlay. As for the carbon fiber overlay that we did over the roof, rims and parts really serving no purpose, for me it does. Because it achieved what we wanted, which was to think outside the box and be different. I just didn't want to spray my roof black or have black rims. I wanted something that was unique and clean but also good for advertising for my shop too. I must say one of the hardest things of this whole build was going from white to the French racing blue, because honestly I've always dreamed of having a white NSX with a 2002+ frontend. But I am more than happy with the end results of this build.

Always loved French racing blue since I saw a Cobra rep in this colour when I was a child and then a friends sister had a 911 in the colour. I think it works very well on your NSX although the white is my favourite colour. The great thing is the detail and I think the carbon fibre is a great finish that will make people look twice.

Great car I would of left the oem lip the flat black that it comes in other than that great build and sick color

Last edited:
So all of the CF you have on the car is purely cosmetic (all wrap) and non functional? While I appreciate the overall build and attention to detail, all the non-functional CF drives me bonkers :confused: Maybe I'm in the minority, but I can't stand the CF "look."

good thing he didn't build this car for you ;)

So you're telling me every mod' that you've done to your car is functional?

Great conversion and a bold decision from GPW, but justified as you state its to advertise your shop, so no brainer really.

The Silverstone (it has the lip I think your car deserves but CF wrapped) next to yours looks tiny ... just shows the impact of color on the NSX bodyshape.

Really like the CF details, even the small details like color-coded decals, would like to have a black front lip if it was mine.

What other plans for the interior? Black retrim with blue stitching linked to dash stitching would look really classy with the CF details IMHO.

Hope it brings you lots of business and enjoyment.

regards, Paul

Last edited:
Here are some more pics of my nsx from the last car meet

8583238811_65bd84a8bc_c_zpsb3f6b21a.jpg

8584340524_c71757bd46_b_zpse7511ff5.jpg

8583239001_b0751d9790_c_zpsd78c5a41.jpg

8545101963_0b6911fa3b_b_zps3d1d3ada.jpg

So i have received several PM's asking if i have worked on any other Nsx's and for pictures so here are a few we have done.

This one is an all aluminum widebody that we made including aluminum wide front fenders with vents and a custom paint job

28638_121785444526388_5545593_n_zps5f6d408c.jpg

28638_121989724505960_7563330_n_zpsaf95c7a2.jpg

381432_298341943537403_1213418167_n_zpsc60d985e.jpg

And here is another with a custom paint job

29688_120729204632012_3678466_n_zps632dadc9.jpg

+2 are you going to provide a oem vented conversion service for the skirts? That would garner a lot of interest if so. Transformation looks very clean and original by the way. Impressive skills!

I have had several people private message me ask if we will modify their side skirts like the ones you see on my NSX. So yes it is in the works, im just trying to get pricing together so I can give the best pricing possible. As for my front lip, I already ordered another one. As soon as it gets here we will be doing a carbon fiber overlay on it and I will have 2 front lips to switch between.

Here are some more pics of my nsx from the last car meet

8584340524_c71757bd46_b_zpse7511ff5.jpg

Looking nice ... from this angle its crying out for spacers to push those CF rims out into the sunlight ;o)

I don't care for that wide body, but the fact that it is aluminum! You have my attention sir. I guess I'm shocked that I have never heard of your shop. This is good advertising indeed.

to my eye that "custom" widebody looks like the old comptech kit.If it is an all aluminum repro..then nice work.

Yes the front and back bumpers are the Comptech bumpers cut up and made wider to fit the all aluminum wide quarter panels and wide fenders. The quarters and fenders are the stock ones cut up and made wider by our shop. Its a one off all aluminum wide body with custom made vents.

I like but, but I think it looked better before the build.

I totally agree. Taking a white NSX and changing the color is like nails on a chalkboard if you ask me. The BEFORE car was phenomenal, only needed a little touchup here and there and would be a pure charm. I think this baby blue is a childish show color IMO.

I wonder how much structural reinforcement the CF overlay might have on the wheels. 'Probably pretty strong now if it was done entirely.

The only thing I'd change (keeping with your theme anyway) would be doing the chin spoiler in CF vs. blue. I always think they look awkward body-color, even on black cars (when they're gloss vs. matte).

I totally agree. Taking a white NSX and changing the color is like nails on a chalkboard if you ask me. The BEFORE car was phenomenal, only needed a little touchup here and there and would be a pure charm. I think this baby blue is a childish show color IMO.

Guys, this car did look great before but is very eye-popping now and the rebuild looks phenomenal as well. This car had been already repaired/rebuilt before so it's not like he ripped apart an immaculate all original car. Kudo's for going above and beyond and thinking outside the box!

http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.info/salvage/for-sale-acura-nsx-1994-MjcxNDAyMzE

I wonder how much structural reinforcement the CF overlay might have on the wheels...
None. Carbon-fiber needs to be layered & affixed w/ resin (pre-preg/etc) along w/ heat/pressure for structural rigidity. Using CF as an overlay (even w/ epoxy-resin/gel-coat) is akin to wallpaper over an existing wall.

With that said, those '02+ stock-wheels w/ the CF-overlay look hella' cool... :cool:

While I appreciate the boldness to this project, I will agree that the white looked "better" or rather "safer" to last a while without getting old.

However, I 100% understand the transformation... picking up someone elses car, nomatter how nice it is never quite feels right leaving it as-is. You gotta put your stamp on it, gotta make it "your own".

Love the skinning job, plan to do some myself as a first timer.... PM sent.

Back