• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon fiber "beak"

imagepng

Has anyone found a carbon fiber piece to replace the plastic beak?
I have CF everywhere else and this sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl.
I have a guy who wants to make a piece but he wants to take off the entire bumper to do it.
Any thoughts?
imagepng

Last edited:
Yup. Saw them. Thanks!
I love the 3-D effect of real CF.
I've looked at wrapping and hydrographics.
Close...but not there for me.
I've even spoken with Acura. They have no plans to offer this in one of their CF packages.
Keeping my fingers crossed that someone comes up with a mold and starts producing them.

Awesome!
Thanks.
Reaching out to them now.
Let us know if you get one. I think they're still in development but AS is a great vendor here.

I've been emailing back and forth with Adnan.
It's a little steep but we are working things out.
I'm sending pictures of my CF roof to him to make sure that they can match the weave.
IMG_2713.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg

Last edited:
They are waiting for the "core" to be made then they are going to match the CF and gloss.
Adnan has been great. But I would imagine this is low priority compared to what they normally do.

IMG_3157.jpg
Picture from "Supercars on State Street". The day included a run up to Pocono Raceway, laps on track, and run back to Harrisburg for an afternoon car show.

Nice shot from State Street, oddly I haven't ever been up to that event despite being in the basic area. You in Maryland (wondering from the MD in your username)?

ahh good ol pocono...logged alot of miles at that place.....when was the state street event?

I'll have to try to make it next year.

Bump, in for updates

You think it's possible to buy the replacement for part #7 for the GT3? You'd get rid of the beak, acquire real grill mesh, and carbon fiber all at the same time.
carbon_fiber_grill.jpg

I was hoping for a "plug and play" option.
A.S. Motorsports is working on it, it's just taking much longer than I anticipated...

Back