• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon intake lip idea

ya it's for a 370z

That's for a 370Z correct?

Just a thought:

The bumper on the NSX doesn't have cut lines vertically that would support such a piece. To connect the center opening plus the two smaller side openings would look funky. If there was a definitive cut line that a CF piece could fit into, it might work better.

I'm not sure how this would add a performance benefit. The piece I Photoshoped couldn't go back that far anways. There's bumper and frame supports behind there. I wonder how it would look with an NSX-R vented hood. It could possibly funnel air through the nose and out the hood vent giving added downforce stability at higher speeds.

Who knows :confused:

Attachments

• 3072l.jpg
    3072l.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 45
NSXmakeover.jpg

Yes. Thank you!!!

This piece looks flush with the bumper, and I was envisioning one that protrudes a bit. Something with the same overall "theme" as DF's carbon side intakes:

Afterfar.jpg

colslaw can you make the mouth stock and just ad the trim?

Although it would need wind tunnel testing and we all know that's a lot of $$$$$$

I don't know where we can get a wind tunnel but Jim said he is sorry about all the jokes he has made and is willing to get on his knees and blow on the test lip really hard...

Last edited:
hahahah,

anyway there is computer software that could test the concept.
A forum member from Austria did a basic test like that on his under body and diffuser setup.

I know a company that can do a complete digital windtunnel test.
but that still isn't cheap.

That's the main problem with trying new aerodynamic concepts.

Where is Peter? I bet downforce can do this. Or Ross...

Once we have a proper design, it isn't that hard to make. We need the photoshop guys to come up with a few versions and vote here.

Last edited:

Once we have a proper design, it isn't that hard to make. We need the photoshop guys to come up with a few versions and vote here.

It might not be that hard to make and it could look really cool and modern but to get it effective isn't that easy.

lol.. i've been watching this thread and also checking my pm's for a RSTB pm from ya turbotogo :)

You caught my attention with this but I’m not sold on it yet…. I’ve considered designing a less aggressive replacement for the plastic shroud so the STMPO FCB was eaisier to install…

But like I said.. until a photoshop looks like a winner… I’m just checking my pm’s for RSTB orders… remember.. the part that gets rid of cowl shake…lol

Regards

Dave why would you want any more air getting into the front:confused: There is more than enough already for the radiator,all your idea will do is create more drag and with out proper air management more lift:confused:

I like the trim you are doing. From far the front might look like Aston Martin.

like this:

NSXmakeover1.JPG

only did one side, and my photoshop advanced skillzs are somewhat inexistent :tongue:

but you get the idea... it could had a cutout for the hook and a little cf cap to stick to the OEM hook cover so everything would be flush and OEMish...

ohhh... and it could be potruding out like 1cm, 1,5cm the most, to give it some dimension but not too much

colslaw87: could you do a clean edit of my idea?! :p:p

EDIT:

sorry.... i uploaded the unmodified photo... now it's my photoshoped one

I think it is more for fashion. Just like having 18/19 inch wheels. :smile:

well you don't want to go too aston martin.
anyway it isn't exactly really needed for cooling purposes.

I can't imagine this would effect aerodynamics that much. Especially if it sat flush. Who are you guys kidding anyway? how often are you going to crack 150 MPH To feel any sort of difference. I think a lip would actually force more air into the radiator and with the whole R getup create MORE downforce.

I can't imagine this would effect aerodynamics that much. Especially if it sat flush. Who are you guys kidding anyway? how often are you going to crack 150 MPH To feel any sort of difference. I think a lip would actually force more air into the radiator and with the whole R getup create MORE downforce.

Where would it generate that much more df?
Cooling system on the NSX is good anyway.

Only real advantage if cooling would improve dramatic is that at high speeds you could run a lighter smaller radiator.
But that doesn't make sense at low speed street driving when you don't have the ram effect if it would be that effective which is debatable.

Last edited:
I didn't mean it to be a performance part. I thought it would look cool. I doubt it will have much of an areo effect at all.

I didn't mean it to be a performance part. I thought it would look cool. I doubt it will have much of an areo effect at all.
ah i see.

anyway it would look like the recent aero upgrade on the GT2 Ferrari F430
they got "lips" round the intakes

let's say somebody makes this, how much is something like this is going to cost, and who is willing to pay for it ?

^ hate it... it has nothing to do with the NSX as it's a complete change to it's OEM lines.... that is proper for a JGTC look (wide look), not regular NSX

OK I found a picture on an F430. Silver one:

1291.jpg

I think your idea is "novel" however you said one word in your first post that would scare away 99% of 02+ owners.........SCREW IN :eek:

no owner of these late model nsx's in their sane mind would use SCREWS to attach such a piece. If it was a pressure fit where it can be removed I can see that but anything permanent like that would require some serious balls to do, just my 2 cents :biggrin:

I think your idea is "novel" however you said one word in your first post that would scare away 99% of 02+ owners.........SCREW IN :eek:

no owner of these late model nsx's in their sane mind would use SCREWS to attach such a piece. If it was a pressure fit where it can be removed I can see that but anything permanent like that would require some serious balls to do, just my 2 cents :biggrin:

I'm sure it can be done without permanent screws or screws where they can't be seen.

Made a photo for you:wink:
18072010008-800.jpg

This is a Comptech wide body NSX at the 20th Anniversary event in Nurburgring.

Thanks a lot, but it's still not quite what I am envisioning. I was seeing it on the center only, and it protrudes a bit, perhaps 1/2" to 1", and I think it would look better with an 02 style nose. I wish I knew how to photoshop.

Back