• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carfax Please JH4NA1180TT000188 You Guys Rock!!

[h=2][/h]
I'm about to bite the bullet on purchasing this amazing vehicle, but I need to make sure my emotions don't get ahead of my... well head lol.
I didn't realize you guys helped out with these. This community is amazing!!​

Lol. I was just waiting for that post DocL. I almost warned him, almost...
Seriously though, sometimes people here will help with car fax but in a sense it is almost stealing. Just pay the 40 bucks and be done. Also, good luck with your purchase.

I would have to agree with Doc, but I saw some other people asked and got it so what's the harm in asking right lol. You never know, someone else could have ended their search for an NSX and have an extra Carfax search left over unused. If I was in that position (And I may be soon :smile:) I wouldn't mind running my last report for someone. If that situation does indeed happen, should I not do it in this community? Just learning the culture of the group. Anyways, thanks for the replies.

by your own response you have shown the perfect demeanor and maturity level to thrive in the dog-eat-dog world of the car forum:cool:

by your own response you have shown the perfect demeanor and maturity level to thrive in the dog-eat-dog world of the car forum:cool:

Plus he became a gold member right off the bat so he earned street cred for that!

By way of background, there was a time that carfax patrolled this and other forums. Any unlimited account holder who was caught running reports upon request had their accounts deleted by carfax with no refunds as a violations of their terms of service. As a result, we banned such requests for a while.

I ran a check. It was 3 owners, no accidents. Nothing out of the blue. If you want something more detailed I would suggest paying for it.

If the sale is looking like a possibility I'll definitely run it for sure, then PPI with one of the NSX guru's in town, then hopefully meet at the bank and take delivery!
I'm just glad to hear it hasn't gone through the ringer with accidents or anything else crazy. Thanks for letting me know my friend.

You may want to run an AutoCheck report as well. Oftentimes an accident will not show on CarFax only to show up on AutoCheck (or vice versa). This was the situation when I bought my 94, however because of the awesomeness of the seller I had no reservations about buying the car.

The report I ran was an autocheck. Again, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. You would have to see it in person or see the service receipts to get more info. I have been searching for a car for my wife for the past few weeks and had a few spare reports.

I think I'm going to go with a salvage title NSX. I don't plan on selling it really and they go for far less. Besides, I've got family members and friends that can help out with initial maintenance costs. Not to mention the hurricanes really have put a squeeze on the finances.

Be careful, the cheapest nsx you buy will be the most expensive you can own. Ask me how I know.:biggrin: But sometimes there are great salvage deals. Not all are created equal.

Be careful, the cheapest nsx you buy will be the most expensive you can own. Ask me how I know.:biggrin: But sometimes there are great salvage deals. Not all are created equal.

You've got a point lol. I read your story and I don't think I'm as dedicated as you are lol. I did find a couple clean titles under the $40's so I'll probably give those a closer look.
Thanks for all the feedback.

If I had a carfax for a car I would pass the info on to a fellow forum member to save them a few bucks. In the future when you meet that member in person he would buy you a beer to thank you. Thats just the way it should be

I just bought a salvage one 1993 with only 71k miles. It's damn near perfect (see my other thread). I've put another $2300 bucks getting everything up to date (Timing and drive belts, water pump, 4 wheel alignment, Rebadging it back to Acura and reinstalling factory wheel with airbag. It's MUCH nicer than most of the clean title NSX's i've seen. There are salvage deals out there just be sure to get the frame and alignment shecked and you will be fine and save a boatload. I have already put 750 miles on it with zero issues. Good luck!!!! I'll sell you mine for low 30's.... :)

Last edited:
I just bought a salvage one for $15,800. 1993 with only 71k miles. It's damn near perfect (see my other thread). I've put another $2300 bucks getting everything up to date (Timing and drive belts, water pump, 4 wheel alignment, Rebadging it back to Acura and reinstalling factory wheel with airbag. It's MUCH nicer than most of the clean title NSX's i've seen. There are salvage deals out there just be sure to get the frame and alignment shecked and you will be fine and save a boatload. I have already put 750 miles on it with zero issues. Good luck!!!! I'll sell you mine for low 30's.... :)

Thanks but my bank won't deal with Salvage Title vehicles :-/ Besides I went ahead and bought the one I was researching!

I would have to agree with Doc, but I saw some other people asked and got it so what's the harm in asking right lol. You never know, someone else could have ended their search for an NSX and have an extra Carfax search left over unused. If I was in that position (And I may be soon :smile:) I wouldn't mind running my last report for someone. If that situation does indeed happen, should I not do it in this community? Just learning the culture of the group. Anyways, thanks for the replies.

Funny I would say this and just happen to have 2 extra Carfax searches left over unused after ending my search for an NSX... If anyone is in need PM me, and I'll help you out. Members who have contributed to the site will take priority of course.

I would think $25k - 30k is reasonable for a nice salvage car in good mechanical standing if that is the only way you can afford one. But why not spend another $10k and get a clean car history vehicle that may actually increase in value for you? I think it is worth it if you are keeping this car 5 years ++ Anybody see it another way?

Is the best chance for NSX value appreciation with a clean car title, no or minor accident history and manual transmission?

I would think $25k - 30k is reasonable for a nice salvage car in good mechanical standing if that is the only way you can afford one. But why not spend another $10k and get a clean car history vehicle that may actually increase in value for you? I think it is worth it if you are keeping this car 5 years ++ Anybody see it another way?

Is the best chance for NSX value appreciation with a clean car title, no or minor accident history and manual transmission?

It is worth paying the extra $10K, and yes your best chance for appreciation will be with a clean title, manual transmission, etc.

Long story short, I never really considered buying a salvage title NSX and I ended up buying the one I was asking about.

Longer story: I was negotiating with the seller for a couple of months and he eventually learned about Prime. He was quite resourceful and intelligent. That being said, on the off chance he figured out it was me asking about his NSX I posted that I was looking at other cars to show I wasn’t emotionally invested. Probably overkill, but it all worked out in the end.

Back