• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cars in same league as NSX ??

Typo? Does the espirt have 10800 miles?

1999 LOTUS ESPRIT, twin turbo 3.8L V8, DOHC, multi-point injection fuel sys, xlnt cond, service is up-to-date, 2-tops regular & glass, leather sport seats, ac, remote control anti-theft protection, OZ racing wheels, Brembo brakes, Alpine sound sys, ECU reprogramed, 10850 mi, $48,000 obo, 619-460-9008

10850 could be 108505? 108k sound like a lot of miles for this type of car.

NSX-GUY said:
Being that the supply of Orange NSX' are drying up faster than a raisin in the desert sun....... and based on some of the posts here I decided to test drive the Cayman S this past Saturday.

VERY impressive. Terrific handling and, unlike the Boxster, very solid. 0-60 in 5.1, faster if you remove those "restrictors" (I guess). And, unlike the 911 Turbo I can actually get my golf clubs in the car - and hidden too !

And, perhaps best of all, with the engine amidships, it sounds just as great (and exciting) as the NSX, one of those (somewhat) "undefinable" features *I* love so much about cars; the way they sound as I drive them. I had an M3 for 3 years; absolutely GREAT car in all ways but sounded like my Mom's 3 series sedan.

And while the Cayman S may not(?) be "innovative", it certainly looks fairly distinctive (among the Porsche realm anyway). From $58K-$72K or so, not bad,,,,,,, not bad at all.

Funny though, now that they made a hardtop verion of the Boxster it costs MORE than the convertible - how'd THAT happen ? :rolleyes: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The only thing that the Cayman S needs is a limited slip diff and it would be an even better car than it already is (with PASM and with *no* Sports Chrono).

The E46M3 is a heavy understeering/underbraked car compared to the 987 chassis based Cayman/Boxster P-cars.

A lot of people are mentioning the Cayman, b/c of MR and similar handling. I've never driven one, but I'm sure it is nice. But don't forget the factory baggage that comes with the Cayman. It's currently an option, depending on where you live, but in the coming model years it will become standard. If you aren't familiar with the Cayman baggage, it goes something like this: "Nice Porsche, maybe next year you can afford the 911 that you wish you had." :eek: To hear that all the time?? Uh, uh. I'll pass.

Ski_Banker said:
you aren't familiar with the Cayman baggage, it goes something like this: "Nice Porsche, maybe next year you can afford the 911 that you wish you had." To hear that all the time?? Uh, uh. I'll pass.

I think the reason why they left out the LSD and gave the S a lower HP engine is to keep it performance sub-911. A lot of reviews claim that the car handles really well, even better than the 911.

"By now, it's no secret that the Cayman S can out-handle its more costly big brother, the 911 Carrera, a fact some Porche purists find perplexing." - European Car, October 2006

NSX-GUY said:
Ummmmmm MR ? :confused:

I don't know if you are questioning the acronym; if you are, then this is what it means:

FF - Front-engine, Front-wheel drive

FR - Front-engine, Rear-wheel drive

MR - Mid-engine, Rear-wheel drive

RR - Rear-engine, Rear-wheel drive

:smile:

Back