• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Celebrating X'mas with gf's family...

How about just a nice bottle of wine, only if they drink?
Or bake a cake just to show them that you are tight with Martha.:biggrin:

+1.

Doesn't have to be a bottle of wine, but definitely a "hostess gift". Much the same as when you are invited to someone's house for dinner you bring a hostess gift. It is a good way to show your appreciation for being invited to celebrate with them (dinner, holiday, etc) but doesn't look like you are trying too hard and won't break the bank.

What are your intentions with this girl, may I ask?

Bob,
You are a guy and you have to ask!?:tongue:
Steve

On a serious note. The gift is a must but does not need to be fancy. There is nothing wrong with a $30 bunch of flowers, a box of chocolate, self baked goodies, and so on. Just be yourself and you are beyond the stage of "trying to impress". Trying too hard can easily backfire.
Steve

Thank you all for all the ideas and suggestions.

There had been a change of plans. I decided to get everyone a gift instead of buying a couple items that are gonna benefit everyone.

Dad loves playing golf so I bought him a "Clubtub" from Brookstone. I have no idea how well this thing cleans golf clubs but it looks pretty cool.

Mom loves playing golf as well but I heard she wanted nice towels and bath mats, so I got her those + roses.

Sister loves Twilight stuff so I got her the movie soundtrack and posters.

Sister's husband loves to work out so I got him this "Perfect Push Up, mobile unit."

Brother wants to be a chef. I got him a digital thermometer from Brookstone.

God bless me and you all.

Hopefully things went well. It sounds like you just set a high bar for yourself to match for future holidays if you choose to stay with this girl! Now you have a bunch of extra people to shop for every December:)

Everything went very well. When we got into town, it was just starting to snow. It turned out to be a pretty bad snowstorm in Dallas, TX. The good thing was everyone had a white Christmas. Everyone seemed to like my gifts. I was not expecting her parents getting me any gifts but they did.

We left on the 26th and as soon as we got onto the highway, the mom called my gf and said she liked me a lot, especially the way i ate...LOL

I guess my "eat-like-a-Korean" strategy worked on her.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

Hopefully things went well. It sounds like you just set a high bar for yourself to match for future holidays if you choose to stay with this girl! Now you have a bunch of extra people to shop for every December:)

I told my gf that we are going to take a trip somewhere next Christmas...problem solved!

I told my gf that we are going to take a trip somewhere next Christmas...problem solved!

I've taken those "somewhere" trips. Sometimes it's better going "no where". :biggrin:

Glad it worked out well for you over the holiday.

Back