• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center console

hi, i have search most of the threads about this but most threads are old, so maybe there is more options this days

so if i wanna buy an aftermarket center console where is best place,

i think oem is to expensive , is dali racings consoles good this days or is it still like i have read in older threads that thay are crap ?

sos have a frp/composite console have any1 test it is it ok ?, i have also check downforce homepage but i found no center consoles,

so pls let me know where i get best console for the money

DF has it, you have to call them. It is not CF/FRP, but injected plastic. So it is very strong.

hi, i have search most of the threads about this but most threads are old, so maybe there is more options this days

so if i wanna buy an aftermarket center console where is best place,

i think oem is to expensive , is dali racings consoles good this days or is it still like i have read in older threads that thay are crap ?

sos have a frp/composite console have any1 test it is it ok ?, i have also check downforce homepage but i found no center consoles,

so pls let me know where i get best console for the money

Among other things, I'm having the SOS console (stereo & ashtray delete) being fitted to my car this month. If you want, I can take pics of it once everything is complete.

I have the Dali fiberglass one and it fits perfectly. I had it covered in vinyl matching the dash and cut for single DIN. People think it is factory. I think the SOS FRP console is better, since it has the OEM cuts for the coin tray and aspirator fan, but it is twice as expensive.

The Dali console

The SOS console

I recently ordered the SOS one and will be getting it fitted for a Double din, I had no choice since someone butchered my factory oem :mad:, will post pics when complete

I recently ordered the SOS one and will be getting it fitted for a Double din, I had no choice since someone butchered my factory oem :mad:, will post pics when complete

Off topic: but if you still have the damaged one, I have a wtb in the marketplace for a damaged one for a project...

Off topic: but if you still have the damaged one, I have a wtb in the marketplace for a damaged one for a project...

Regardless of it being damaged the fabricator still wanted me to pay the $300 which I refused to so he has it.

absolutely ! im sure me and other members would love to see.
sounds very nice/tasteful from the descprtion!

I ended up getting the bits wrapped in CF, so everything will be ready by weekend. If you are still interested, I will send or post a pic of results.

Today I received a teaser pic of my newly wrapped SOS console. Will share hi-res photos after I pick the car up over the weekend :biggrin:

absolutely ! im sure me and other members would love to see.
sounds very nice/tasteful from the descprtion!

Attachments

• carbon console.jpg
    carbon console.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 194
Today I received a teaser pic of my newly wrapped SOS console. Will share hi-res photos after I pick the car up over the weekend :biggrin:

Sweet... Post up some good pics of the area where the console dives down for the e-brake... that seems to be the area that separates the good cf jobs from the bad...

That would be a CF sticker overlay, the stuff 3M makes, not actually CF, correct? Because it looks very different.

That would be a CF sticker overlay, the stuff 3M makes, not actually CF, correct? Because it looks very different.

it looks like that 3m di-noc carbon look overlay, not true carbon.

here is my result, i also have a flocking machine so i decide to flock it black cuz its hard to mix so i get that gray/black colour that we have on our dash, and we have some black in the interior aswell,im sorry for the poor quality on the pics, and yes i know i have only mounted 1 seat so far the other is on the way :)

Last edited:
How durable is that stuff?? I know my coin tray was almost bare from that stuff coming off all the time.

hi, if you apply the 2 comp glue right and use a working flocking device,then it should not fall off at all,if you dont scratch or risp the surface tho.

//M

That's pretty flocking cool. :cool:

Anyone knows if SoS have any more in stock?

I just bought an oem one to redo my console in CF but its so beautiful I don't have the heart to cut into it, so now looking at the sos unit. How do you mount all the hardware to the console without the oem female fastener points?

Back