• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Centerforce Clutch Or Oem Clutch

:frown: my clutch is shot and i need to know if anyone please please can help me find out which clutch should i get. i heard someone mention it on here and i tried to look it up but nothing came out. im not that good on here yet.:frown: thanks guys i really need this because i cant drive my joy! i plan to put headers and exhaust on the car if it helps.

I had the centerforce installed last fall at SOS when they did my 3.8 NA rebuild

I am very pleased with the clutch. My car is daily driver, so I wanted a pedal feel similar to OEM. The centerforce is exactly that.

It has been in my car for 7 years now and I'm very happy with the centerforce rebuilt clutch. I took them out last year for a checkup, expecting them to look half worn but to my surprise, the pad materials are still as thick as the oem spec.

Henry.

I had a Center force clutch in my car .They are reconditioned factory clutches mine let go costing Big $$$$$ for a new clutch .They dont back up the NSX clutch.Maybe 3000 mile on it.

I had a Center force clutch in my car .They are reconditioned factory clutches mine let go costing Big $$$$$ for a new clutch .They dont back up the NSX clutch.Maybe 3000 mile on it.

Your clutch went already? wow has it been that long since you've owned the car?

I thought the centerforce was a great clutch with no chatter. Feels like stock. John Martin might have some input for you if you can contact him at cerritos acura.

regards,

David

Please note that we have these clutches in stock made by Centerforce. However, they differ from anything offered before:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/drivetrain_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/clutch/

A problem with all rebuilt clutches before we started selling these was reusing the factory twin discs. When the discs wear, the damper spring's sheet metal cage located in the disc hub is frequently fatigued by striking the flywheel bolts. To solve this problem, we use brand new factory clutch discs in our clutches from the begining. These clutch discs are disassembled, lined with high performance liner, and the pressure plate spring pressure is increased. All friction surfaces are milled and reassembled.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Please note that we have these clutches in stock made by Centerforce. However, they differ from anything offered before:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/drivetrain_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/clutch/

A problem with all rebuilt clutches before we started selling these was reusing the factory twin discs. When the discs wear, the damper spring's sheet metal cage located in the disc hub is frequently fatigued by striking the flywheel bolts. To solve this problem, we use brand new factory clutch discs in our clutches from the begining. These clutch discs are disassembled, lined with high performance liner, and the pressure plate spring pressure is increased. All friction surfaces are milled and reassembled.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Hmm, so before...the Centerforce clutches were rebuilt using USED OEM parts and now....it is rebuilt using NEW OEM parts with high performance liner?

I still need to get a clutch as well, so I'm interested in this thread as well...

Thanks,

We sell the clutches on exchange. We use the flywheel, mid plate, and pressure plate. New factory discs are then used. This combo has been working very well in cars making up to 400 wheel hp (as well as stock power).

Cheers,
-- Chris

I'm sorry to hear that, however, this was likely when Dali Racing or Basch Acura were selling the clutches and reusing the factory discs.

In our experience, this clutch has been very reliable.

regards,
-- Chris

With the different unit now, how is the pedal effort compared to stock? Is it still the same?

Also, is the chatter gone compared to the stock clutch?

-CiaoBoy

Cheers,
-- Chris

With the different unit now, how is the pedal effort compared to stock? Is it still the same?

Also, is the chatter gone compared to the stock clutch?

-CiaoBoy

The pedal effort is nearly the same, I'd say about 10% stiffer than stock.

By chatter do you mean shuddering when releasing? This clutch is extremely smooth engaging. I don't think that a properly installed factory clutch shudders much at all. The stock clutch does tend to shudder if it was not initialized correctly or if it is near the end of it's life at which point both of the twin discs are not engaging the same causing one to engage and one to slip when you are taking off from a stand still.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Yeah, I was referring to the shudder. I've owned my used NSX from 25k miles to the 70k miles it has on the odometer now, and the clutch has always had a bit of shudder in 1st gear. It hasn't gotten better or worse. It's not THAT bad, but I can guess what people are talking about when they post about clutch chatter or clutch shudder.

-CiaoBoy

The pedal effort is nearly the same, I'd say about 10% stiffer than stock.

By chatter do you mean shuddering when releasing? This clutch is extremely smooth engaging. I don't think that a properly installed factory clutch shudders much at all. The stock clutch does tend to shudder if it was not initialized correctly or if it is near the end of it's life at which point both of the twin discs are not engaging the same causing one to engage and one to slip when you are taking off from a stand still.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I have the Centerforce Clutch that I purchased from SOS. The clutch holds extremely well and is butter smooth.:smile:

Like Chris stated it is important to have any clutch properly initialized on your NSX no mater what clutch you put in your car.

If you need a new clutch and want the OEM feel without the increased pedal pressure this is the clutch to get. Feels stock but holds up to 400hp :smile:

Back