• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Changing sparkplugs - and doing compression test while I'm there... how do you

once the coils are disconnected, do you have to unplug the ignition module so the ignition module isn't damaged while cranking and no coils attached?

What's the best way to do this? Fuse? Module connection?

Do I need to disconnect fuel pump fuse or is the cranking minimal while all the plugs out so as not to worry about cylinder wash.

I've done compression tests on multiple cars, just the NSX is new to me and as it gets older, more fragile, more expensive as things are discontinued, I thought I'd ask here before I do any harm.
Thanks.

once the coils are disconnected, do you have to unplug the ignition module so the ignition module isn't damaged while cranking and no coils attached?

LB: No
What's the best way to do this? Fuse? Module connection?

Do I need to disconnect fuel pump fuse or is the cranking minimal while all the plugs out so as not to worry about cylinder wash.

LB: You can disconnect the fuel injector resistor pak located on the passenger side by the passenger side motor mount. This will stop all fuel flow throught the fuel injectors. (large Gray connector, about 10 pins, I forget exactly;))

I've done compression tests on multiple cars, just the NSX is new to me and as it gets older, more fragile, more expensive as things are discontinued, I thought I'd ask here before I do any harm.
Thanks.

See comments above.

HTH,
LarryB

Back