• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check Engine Code P505 - IAC System Malfunction (Covered Under Emissions Warranty!)

I have previously posted about a problem I had with the battery voltage gauge fluctuating and having low RPM on idle. Thought it was the battery at first, but when the check engine light came on, it was code P505, which was the IAC valve.

I took it to Acura of Glendale and they said that replacing the IAC valve was covered under the emissions warranty! So, it was $free.99 to get my IAC valve replaced with a new one! I believe in order for you to qualify for the free replacement, your car had to be under 14 years and 150,000 miles from purchase. My car is a 97 with 110,000 miles on it. I just made it. Thought I'd share this information with you guys just in case someone runs into the same problem.

I have previously posted about a problem I had with the battery voltage gauge fluctuating and having low RPM on idle. Thought it was the battery at first, but when the check engine light came on, it was code P505, which was the IAC valve.

I took it to Acura of Glendale and they said that replacing the IAC valve was covered under the emissions warranty! So, it was $free.99 to get my IAC valve replaced with a new one! I believe in order for you to qualify for the free replacement, your car had to be under 14 years and 150,000 miles from purchase. My car is a 97 with 110,000 miles on it. I just made it. Thought I'd share this information with you guys just in case someone runs into the same problem.
they actually gave me a brand new throttle body since the IAC valve is inside it. all free. the car is running great.

they actually gave me a brand new throttle body since the IAC valve is inside it. all free. the car is running great.

Awesome man I want a new TB! lol Mine seems to get dirty so fast for some reason...

Anyone know if a 2005 TB would fit a 1995 NSX?

Back