• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check Engine Light (fuel running rich)

Hello all, I just pulled my 2002 NSX out of storage (it was in there for 11 months). I promptly took it to the Acura dealership to get a full service and check. About a week after getting it out of the shop the check engine light came on saying the fuel is running too rich. The dealership said they don't know why because it has a lot of aftermarket parts (namely the Comptech supercharger). What could cause this problem? I know it has an aftermarket map controller in it. Is it possible that after 11 months of having the battery disconnected it has a bad setup in it? Any help or advice here is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello all, I just pulled my 2002 NSX out of storage (it was in there for 11 months). I promptly took it to the Acura dealership to get a full service and check. About a week after getting it out of the shop the check engine light came on saying the fuel is running too rich. The dealership said they don't know why because it has a lot of aftermarket parts (namely the Comptech supercharger). What could cause this problem? I know it has an aftermarket map controller in it. Is it possible that after 11 months of having the battery disconnected it has a bad setup in it? Any help or advice here is greatly appreciated. Thanks

By chance does the car idle really rough on cold starts? If so, do a search for posts by Hrant and I about htis same issue. The common denominator is that a lot of people with Comptech superchargers are having this same issue. By chance, do you have the Autorotor style CTSC?

I checked out those other posts. After reading, I think it may be my battery. The service guys at Acura said I will probably want to replace it soon because it was testing a little low. I didn't realize it could cause the car to run rich, but it seems like I'm learning stuff everyday about this car. I have the whipple SC from comptech with about 21000 miles on it and the car, it was installed by the first owner shortly after purchase. I'm going to try replacing the battery and seeing if it fixes the problem. Thanks again for the info.

did you do a simple fuel pressure check to see what your running at? or just knew you threw a code?

Back