• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check your A/C Cond. Fans fuses Now!!! DIY.

Well its summer 2006, time to bump this post and same some people headaches.
Check your fuses!!!!!!!!
Trev
Didn't get any cheques from last year,
Maybe this year?
Trev

Quicker than checking, just listen / feel for airflow at each of the scoops below the front combo lights with your AC on. If either fan is not running, THEN check your fuses! :biggrin:

Bump!!!
That time of year to check out your fuses!!!
Keep Cool
Trev

yeah i just checked mine yesturday and one of my 10 amp fuse was blown as well. why is that? it seems to be extremely common for one of the two to blow out.

I have this exact problem with my ac. What did you do to fix it??
Let me know please, it's getting hot :)
thank,
canny

Similar problem, mine won't blow any air. But when I take it off recirculated, I can feel the cold air trying to come thru the vents..It also just comes back on and blows sometimes. It's becoming a real pain in the ass,the other night it never would start to blow. About a year ago I had Goodson Acura replace the computer board,because it blew one speed.fast....Help!!!! thks Brent :frown:

Just checked mine...found one red ten-amp and one blue 15-amp in those spots...both were intact but I probably should replace the 15-amp with a ten-amp. Will have to listen for the fans themselves when I get my AC serviced soon.

Great tip with excellent photos and information. Can I borrow your neighbor? :smile:

Too funny!
He is working for Engineered Air now in sales, so I don't think he wants to get his hands dirty anymore.
Thanks for the props.
I would hope everyone posts DIY's with pictures.
Nsx life would be so much easier then.
Trev

Yearly bump as a reminder for those bringing out the X for the summer.

Talking about bumps, what the heck happened.
Boy or Girl?
Trev
Thanks for the bump!
I actually had to steal one of these fuses today to use in my clock fuse place...lol, so its funny you should bump it!

Just checked mine...found one red ten-amp and one blue 15-amp in those spots...both were intact but I probably should replace the 15-amp with a ten-amp. Will have to listen for the fans themselves when I get my AC serviced soon.

Great tip with excellent photos and information. Can I borrow your neighbor? :smile:

Both of mine are 15 amp fuses. I guess its time to go through all of them.

Late night check, and one of mine was blown. Put it in and can hear the fan again!!! One thing though, all the buttons work on my ccu controls, but my speed knob on the right isn't working.

This is a great thread. My AC was not working at stoplights, and it turns out it was one of these fuses. I forgot which of the two was blown, but I replaced it and now the AC is as cold as ice at stoplights.

Bumping for Summer!
Well, maybe spring!
Well, maybe in some parts of the world!
We still have 2 feet of snow and big potholes and rocks and......
Trev

Yikes! My AC hasn't been blowing very cold recently........better check tonight......it was 107 last weekend..............thanks for bumping the thread

The fuse for my rh condenser was blown when I bought the car. I replaced the fuse a year ago and it hasn't blown again. We will see how long it lasts.

I found my 2 fuses blown replaced one condenser fan worked the other didn't and fuse was blown again. I found the fan seized I sprayed silicone around the motor and blade got the fan to spin freely replaced fuse and tried again fan did not turn and found fuse blown again. I tried a 15 amp fuse, fuse did not blow, but still no working fan. Does anyone care to guess why the fuse blows?

Back