• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago- What exhausts are you guys running?

What exhausts do you guys have? I just picked up a GTone 5.1 exhaust and put my COMPTECH and TAITEC GTLW for sale in the classifieds. I'm interested to know if anyone else has a GTone and would love to compare the exhaust notes in person. There seems to be many variations in pitch, especially if other components are introduced (headers, test pipes, etc).

BTW, let me know if anyone local wants the Comptech or Taitec so I can avoid shipping!

I love my 5.1v. Im running test pipes and stock headers. Its sounds stock when you cruising then above 3rpm, its screams. You'll love it.
Sp open house this saturday, i'll maybe down there with the nsx. Maybe tho.

Any sound clips? I would love to compare my 5.1 vs yours with test pipes. How's the soot build up on the bumper?

I love my 5.1v. Im running test pipes and stock headers. Its sounds stock when you cruising then above 3rpm, its screams. You'll love it.
Sp open house this saturday, i'll maybe down there with the nsx. Maybe tho.

I'll try to make it down to SP this saturday. I dont have any videos of it yet, would you come to SP open house? You can test drive my to see if you like the test pipes or not. You should get the test pipes :)

2jz-nsx ->QUESTION - I assume that you put on test pipes on your 2005, now how did you go arround the 02 sensors? I wanted to install test pipes on my 2003 but #1 no one makes them #2 SOS told me that all they have is high flow cats and even if I make/get the test pipes myself there is no way to operate without the check engine light on ( even if you put spacers by 02 sensors)

Any sound clips? I would love to compare my 5.1 vs yours with test pipes. How's the soot build up on the bumper?

The 5.1 needs tp's imo. I had mine with stock headers/cats and it was nice but pretty quiet. I then switched out to high-flow cats - not much of a difference. Slapped some tp's on there.....:eek:

2jz-nsx ->QUESTION - I assume that you put on test pipes on your 2005, now how did you go arround the 02 sensors? I wanted to install test pipes on my 2003 but #1 no one makes them #2 SOS told me that all they have is high flow cats and even if I make/get the test pipes myself there is no way to operate without the check engine light on ( even if you put spacers by 02 sensors)
I started out with one spark plug none fouler per one 02 sensor. No check engine light but every now and then i get the check engine light. So i added one more per sensor (two none sparkplugs per sensor) Never see check engine light again. If you need more info let me know. Its a 15min job and cost 20 bucks at autozone.

Last edited:
A buddy did it for me. He tig welds them really nice and cost $350.

Back