• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Choosing an iPod Adapter for your oem NSX Stereo - the condensed version.

thanks jett, i ordered a pa11-hon from ebay

Here

That should be the right one i hope...

Ok just wanted to update... I got mine from Ebay seller Audiosavings. It had the updated cable! Installed it in minutes in the trunk. Cost $114 shipped which is a very good price! Thanks for all the help jett

My car has the cd changer on the moveable hinge... so i undid the bolt that allows the cd tray to come all the way down (as seen in the pdf file in this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38589...

I mounted the usa spec adapter onto the cd changer's back with velcro and i bought a ipod case which i also velcro'd onto the back of the cd changer.... works GREAT!!!!

thanks nsx prime!!!

Attachments

• 06092009061.jpg
    06092009061.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
I also ordered my USASPEC PA11-HON adapter from audio savings, however my cable has a blue pin connector on the radio end.
So when I unpluged the cd changer the female end (coming from the car)does not fit in the adapter. The male end from the cd changer is male and does plug in. needless to say the cd changer will not run the adapter. Did I get the wrong cable? I am confused

Mine had a blue pin connector and there was also the 8 pin round black male connector as well on the same end. You have to remove the black tape cover off it the black male 8 pin connector and it plugs into the female part from the car...... So the blue square pin connector isnt used at all....

Perhaps you got an older cable????

Last edited:
See the cables in this picture? The bottom cable is the lovely and talented combination cable. This is the cable you want to see when you open the package. It's presence also indicates that this is the latest version of the USA-Spec PA11-HON. The blue 14-pin connector is not used and just left hanging. The top cable (the iPod cable) pictured here also charges previous and current generation iPods.

You may have the wrong cable. If yours has the round black 8-pin on one end and the square blue 14-pin on the other end, and no other connector, it is the wrong cable. Don't panic, though. Get an 8-pin to 8-pin cable and you will be in business.

Also, if you did get a previous generation adapter, it will only charge previous generation iPods/iPhones. So if you have a current generation iPod/iPhone, you will also need to get a current generation iPod cable from USA-Spec. If you have a previous generation iPod/iPhone you will be fine.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone, I now get it.:biggrin:
I have the correct cable however I had a RED WARNING taped over the other 8-pin connector stating "to prevent electrical short circuit DO NOT remove this cover unless required by the radio connection" Being a non-techy and not liking to short circuit things out I did not remove it. I will now go forward and make the connection... Thanks again to Jett and everyone else.

Attachments

• IMG_3047.jpg
    IMG_3047.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 324
Nice enjoy the ipod hook up!! i've been enjoying mine!!!!! Audiosavings seems to be the cheapest place that ships and it ships the newest cable too!!!!

Thanks to the members in the recent posts recommending audiosavings. I ordered yesterday and it was at my door this morning. I just "installed" it (meaning it's simply lying in the trunk for the time being). I'll install some hook & loop on it over the weekend and neatly mount it. I guess I was playing with radio buttons too quickly (should have let it sync up) and locked up my iPod (4G).

I resync'd the iPod with iTunes, set up the HONDA1 - HONDA5 playlists and we're rocking away. It sounds a lot better than using the fm modulator interface I've been using. Now to decide if I want to go thru the hassle of removing interior panels so I can have the iPod in the car with me or just leave it in the trunk.

One question. Like the CD changer (which always has power to eject the cartridge), the iPod is always charging, even with the ignition off. I assume it will eventually reach a full charge and turn off? Or is there some danger of running down the battery if left plugged in all the time?

it stops charging after a while. At least from what i've noticed... Like if i come after a while, the ipod is completely off.....

You are lucky you got yours the next day.. Took about a week to get mine from audiosavings to ship from NY to california.... !!!

Thanks. I missed the statement in the instructions which state charging stops an hour after the iPod is paused.

Now to decide if I want to go thru the hassle of removing interior panels so I can have the iPod in the car with me or just leave it in the trunk.

My recommendation would be to install it like warrenw did behind the seats. There is a place there to plug it in behind the driver's head. Mount the adapter in the center along the "spine" of the center speaker hump somewhere, then cut two small holes, one in the back of the center console (hidden from sight) and the other directly behind that one in the center speaker hump (also hidden from sight) to run the iPod cable into the center console. Get the right rubber grommets and choose your hole size carefully, and you will have an invisible installation, yet have easy access to the iPod, plus adjustable cable length. It is real easy - remove the horizontal panel behind the driver's head for access - pretty much a screwdriver and drill job. You could do this job easily in one hour.

Warrenw has the best installation I have seen, including my own.

Last edited:
Die Abbildung zeigt irgendetwas universelles.
Der NSX Adapter ist spezifisch, kann aber auch bestellt werden.
Ich werde mich jetzt mit dem Thema beschäftigen. :wink:

The picture shows an universal adapter, not NSX specific.
The NSX adapter is different, but can be ordered too (see listing)
I have contacted that company and sended pictures from the OEM radio unit
backside for identification.

Because my cd player is jumping all the time based on the very hard suspension setup, I have to fix that problem now.

Hey guys! New to the forum here just purchased the NSX a few weeks ago and the iPod interface is the first official MOD.

I ordered the USA SPEC PA11-HON from AudioSavings. Based on the tips from the forum I installed it in the trunk initially to test it.

When I plugged in my iPhone 3G into the interface there is a high pitched noise that comes from the speakers. It still plays songs but there is an annoying high pitched noise in the background. I did some experimenting and noticed that it only has this noise with the iPhone 3G.

Regular iPod played fine and original iPhone works fine as well. Did some research and found a guy on the Ridgeline msg. board that had the same issue... USA SPEC in that instance actually sent him a replacement cable.

Has anyone else here experienced the same high pitched noise being emitted from using their iPhone 3G with the USA SPEC iPod interface?

I called the company and they asked that I work with the retailer to exchange the cable... Based on the time of shipping the cable back and waiting for a new cable I'm considering just returning the whole unit and picking up an interface from another manufacturer locally... Perhaps I'll go with GROM Audio.

Hey guys! New to the forum here just purchased the NSX a few weeks ago and the iPod interface is the first official MOD.

Regular iPod played fine and original iPhone works fine as well. Did some research and found a guy on the Ridgeline msg. board that had the same issue... USA SPEC in that instance actually sent him a replacement cable.

Has anyone else here experienced the same high pitched noise being emitted from using their iPhone 3G with the USA SPEC iPod interface?

QUOTE]

If your normal ipod works but your iphone doesnt.. maybe its your iphone???? I doubt changing the cable will fix anything but you can try.. just dont be dissapointed if you order the grom one and get the same results....

good luck

Spoke with USA SPEC again yesterday and they agreed to send me a replacement cable.... I'll post an update on if the new cable solves the problem or not.

I have to give it up to USA SPEC for offering great customer support. They initially asked that I work with the vendor that I purchased the iPod interface from but after finding out that I'd have to ship back my original cable then wait for the new cable to arrive after they received the old one I was ready to just return the whole thing for a refund. I expressed my concern to USA SPEC and they said that they'd just send me a new cable directly to save me the trouble.

Apparently others have experienced the same issue with the 3G iPhone and changing the cable does help. Crossing fingers...

Here's a link to another guy that had the same issue:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-28362.html

NEW iPHONE G3S PROBLEM....
I plugged in my brand new 16 gig iPhone and a message came up saying this accessory wasn't proper for this phone type of thing.
It asks if I want to go into Airplane mode to reduce the noise.........
So there is something wrong here.
Sh....t
Let me know what to do when you guys figure it out.
Trev

Everything appears to work on my new iPhone 16 gig 3GS.
I called Ken at UsaSpec and he said to click NO on the message that comes up when I turn on my phone and it asks me to go into Airplane mode.
He suggested that they don't have the current software up to snuff for these new phones.
I have changed the location of my PA11-HON to plug into the connection behind the drivers seat in the left corner behind the corner panel.
Now I can have my little iPod hooked to this all the time and play music off of that, but if I need to charge my phone in the car or want some different music, then I can plug in the mYphone. (Ukrainian Version)
Did a little video last nite while I was messing around for your viewing please.
If you want anything specifically video'd, let me know.
p.s. I have Honda1, Honda2, Honda3, Honda4, Honda5 and Honda6 on both my iPod and mYphone. Honda6 lets me work the device manually. All others lock it out.
Trev
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tS9ViK5xvEo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tS9ViK5xvEo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back