• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Christmas came early for my NSX

Some of the pics are not as clear (lack of photography skills), I will take more at the next meet (hint, hint)... They are Volk Racing SF Challenge 18x8's (offset +34) and 19x9.5's (offset +40)

79291NSX121405.jpg

79292NSX121405.jpg

79293NSX121405.jpg

79294NSX121405.jpg

79295NSX121405.jpg

Mike

Car looks great with the wheels and 2002+ body mods.

Maybe it's due to the fact that you were in a shaded area, but you may want to check your camera's white balance setting. It might be set on "indoor" (usually displayed with a light bulb icon).

Mike,
Your car looks awesome with those SF Challenges. I love the look. I spent a few minutes and edited two of the pics (color correction, etc). Quick and dirty fixes, but they look ok.

Another NSX with five spoke wheels. I love it! Interesting offset on those wheels. Do you have a BBK stashed away in the garage that you are not telling us about?

Hopefully these edited pics show off your car some better light :smile:

This one had enough data for me to edit pretty well:
902379292NSX121405.jpg

This didn't have enough data for good edit, but I removed that light pole that was sticking up in the back
902379293NSX121405a.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome Mike. Great setup. :smile:

whiteNSXs said:
Spoiled brat! 34mm et!!!????:eek:
Steve

That is about as low as you want to go with a 215 tire for looks. We usually try to stay at a bottom of +35mm with a 215 tire. We do run a 17x8.0 net +33mm to fit a set of Stoptechs (GT-C) and have ran 235-40-17 tire with a net +43mm offset without issue as well.

Great brand choice!

Andrie Hartanto said:
Hey Mike,

with you, it seems like it is christmas every week! :p

Yeah... its always snowing at my house:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ... Here are some new pics with better lighting...

792916NSX121605.jpg

792917NSX121605.jpg

792912NSX121605.jpg

792921NSX121605.jpg

79297NSX121605.jpg

Mike

Andrie Hartanto said:
Mike, now I see the flaw on your car.

take off that front license plate! :)

No can do... I have gotten a fix it ticket for no front plate... Although, I should do a James Bond and motorize (is that a word?) the license plate to go from a vertical position to horizontal...

Mike

You don't get an extra penalty for getting the same fix-it ticket within a certain time frame do you? I've only gotten a fix-it ticket once for having no front plate. I put it on, went to dmv and had the ticket signed off, then took it back off..... live dangerously! :-D

-mike

MikeC_587 said:
No can do... I have gotten a fix it ticket for no front plate... Although, I should do a James Bond and motorize (is that a word?) the license plate to go from a vertical position to horizontal...

Mike

Mike,
Your car just keeps looking better and better. The new pics look good. :smile:

So, tell us...is that front wheel offset for a BBK or just max lip?

Aloha Mike, how come Santa comes so early and often to your house? The rims look great, what's next? The slotted brake discs look oversized, did you put on a BBK?

Hey, I saw you got another personal invitation to the CHP Ball from the Comptech trip. Yes, you even looked guilty, like you were having too much fun. What did you buy?

Aloha,

George

Hi Mike,

Hows it going? I don't think you do get an extra penalty for a fix-it ticket... For me its just too much of a hassle... At least the license plate is not in the factory position :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

mikeh said:
You don't get an extra penalty for getting the same fix-it ticket within a certain time frame do you? I've only gotten a fix-it ticket once for having no front plate. I put it on, went to dmv and had the ticket signed off, then took it back off..... live dangerously! :-D

-mike

Back