• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cleaning Tips - Burnt Ti

Hey guys

I've got a dual Ti tipped muffler and the burnt parts are a bit dirty. What can I use to clean and polish them without worrying about removing the nice colors? I've found a few threads of people wanting to clean the burnt look right off. That is NOT what I am looking for :) I like the way they look and just want to clean and shine em up for extra rice cred.

I don't think you can clean burnt tips off. I have polished, cleaned and scrubbed mine for years and its always the same. This isn't paint.

Thanks man. So what do you use to clean the tips and the rest of the muffler/headers? Is there something that can be used on SS / Ti / Al?

Last edited:
Honestly just water and a towel. Sometimes I will use a cleaner like simple green. I don't really clean my muffler lol. Are you that critical? My muffler seems to always stay clean... Not sure if it is the ti or not.

Haha, no man. I'm not really THAT anal about the rear end :p Just wanna clean them up a little bit coz right now, the blue is covered with a few layers of dirt so it looks more like doggy doo than titanium blue :)

I think titanium is pretty resilient, I wouldn't worry about any cleaner damaging it so long as you rinse it all off.

Update on this. I tried simple green with a 'soft' microfibre scrub pad and it got the tips cleaner than before, but still not shiny clean. Will try something more manly and post results for y'all.

cheers

To get them really clean, you might have to use a polish but unfortunately, some of the color will come off. So be careful!

Try Bar Keepers Friend on a wet microfiber towel. It should remove the staining and dirt without affecting the burnt tips. Don't apply hard pressure to the tips while using the towel and work the product lengthwise rather than in a circular buffing motion. The powdered Bar Keepers Friend is what I've used and is available at any major grocery store.

http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/

Also, if you end up somehow removing the burn look, you can always re burn it. I've used kitchen stoves (gas) to burn a shift knob before.

Back