• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch + Flywheel specials! (ACT, Exedy, Fidanza, Spec)

Little bit Ot, but still some opinion on Spec clutch kit.

I have stage 3, "6 wing" on my sc S2000.
It is good clutch, harder pedal feel over stock, but I like it.
Maybe it is not to everyone in city driving.

Im going to order I think their clutch kit again later!
Soon I have to buy one to my nsx and wondering also flywheel.

-Pegi-

Whatwasthat said:
Great order. Received within a week of order.

Thanks Danny.
p.s. I don't know how to leave feedback on itrader.

So it sounds like you're happy w/the customer service aspect. Have you had it installed yet?? How is the pedal pressure & engagement compared to stock? Any problems with the install, that is everything lined up correctly, all parts were received, etc..? I'm still weighing my options but If I go this route I'd probably go for the stage 3 also.
Thanks

Jim jr said:
So it sounds like you're happy w/the customer service aspect. Have you had it installed yet?? How is the pedal pressure & engagement compared to stock? Any problems with the install, that is everything lined up correctly, all parts were received, etc..? I'm still weighing my options but If I go this route I'd probably go for the stage 3 also.
Thanks

Ok, I finally installed it today with the help of an Acura certified mechanic. Stage 2 and SPEC flywheel.
note: SPEC FLYWHEEL IS REQUIRED FOR 91-96

The pedal pressure is actually soft, feels stock or maybe a hair bit stiffer. But the spring does feel different on the pedal, hard to discribe, it's soft then slightly harder, then soft again with the stroke of the pedal. Almost feels like air in the system, but I never opened it. Maybe I'll bleed it anyways.

The engagement is almost smooth, I have to break it in. I'm still getting use to the pedal too. But it is not harsh on/off. You can still feather the clutch up driveways and at stoplights. The best part of it when I shift into second or third, I feel the clutch biting more. It's a snappier feeling, like I've just gained 20+ hp

Edit: Oh I forgot, I had to modify the dust cover, the back of the flywheel will rub on it slightly and make an awful noise. So I just cut a half circle on the centerpart of it off and put it back on.

Cool, sounds like it made an improvement. I hope you're done breaking it in already so you can really use it ;)

Hi! I just emailed you regarding the spec III clutch. I was wondering if I need a spec flywheel with the clutch kit or if I can just resurface the oem flywheel? Thanks.

You can resurface once, but twice in not advisable. You should call SPEC clutch to talk to tech @ SPECclutch

This is probably OT but I have a OEM 5-spd clutch (Honda part) and it has about 2K miles on it. The clutch looks new but the flywheel has a little bit of heat spots on the contact surface.

1. Should I resurface the flywheel?
2. Don't worry about it!
3. Is there an aftermarket flywheel that's lighter and fits OEM clutch?

Shaun
95 NSX-T

I think its the stock clutch in the car so it has never been resurfaces. The car has ~65k miles.

does anyone have any feedback on the spec clutch?

I am really concerned about this...

I am looking for a clutch, but I will be using Jun's flywheel.. So does this mean I can't use Spec Clutch??

Thank you..

niM

I am really concerned about this...

I am looking for a clutch, but I will be using Jun's flywheel.. So does this mean I can't use Spec Clutch??

Thank you..

niM

Sure you can use a flywheel it will sound like a diesel truck and work like $hit. Spec clutches are garbage go with anything but spec. Trust me you will be better off. Spec clutch company cost me $4000 don’t let it happen to you. Their customer service sucks and they have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to clutches, and they lie which is the worst part.

So you're saying spec-clutches are garbage and also the flywheel?? It sounds like a deisel? Because of the clutch or the flywheel.. I hope you're not talking about Jun, coz I can't find Toda flywheels..

Your name just made me miss my S/Ced corolla already. Its downstairs, waiting for the transporter truck to be delivered to a one lucky guy in New Jersey.

niM

So you're saying spec-clutches are garbage and also the flywheel?? It sounds like a deisel? Because of the clutch or the flywheel.. I hope you're not talking about Jun, coz I can't find Toda flywheels..

Your name just made me miss my S/Ced corolla already. Its downstairs, waiting for the transporter truck to be delivered to a one lucky guy in New Jersey.

niM

spec clutch and flywheel are garbage

Back