• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch friction point changing position by itself? WTF?

I recently had my Acura Dealer do a transmission service on the NSX and after a few days my clutch started to act weird. The car had brand new clutch about 7k miles ago and the friction point normally is very close to the top. Yesterday however, when I started my car, I noticed that the friction point dropped closed to the bottom (I had to fully depressed the pedal to disengage). After driving for a while, the friction point seems to bounce up a bit higher as the car warm up.

Is it possible that the dealer screwed up something while servicing my car? What should I do?

clutch_pedal.jpg

Sounds like hydraulic problem.

I have a question. I just sold my '05 S2000. The clutch friction point on that car was between the floor and half way up. I really liked the feel. My '00 NSX clutch friction point is between half way up and the top. I don't really like that feel.

Where is the ideal point? Can this be adjusted?

Thanks

Sounds like your clutch master cylinder or slave is leaking.

1. Check Fluid Reservior
2. If low fill
3. Pump clutch to restore
4. Purchase new Master/Slave for clutch and have it installed/bled

This could be the result of the new firmer clutch, not necessarily an install issue with the clutch itself.

HTH,
LarryB

Hows the car treating you? It been a couple years since I last talked to you? Have you done any mods to the car? Did you ever trade your aftermarket wheels for some stock ones? Did Adam @ Mike Hale do the service? What service did you have done?
Brandon

Back