• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch replacement Quote from the dealer

The Niello Acura Dealer in Roseville quoted to replace the complete clutch job is $6814 with labor.

Is that correct? Do you know any good mechanic in northern Sacramento area?

This must be a joke. Buy oem clutch or hit SOS for aftermarket. Then install at Driving Ambition. This should be 3k affair, more or less.

What year NSX? The 97+ has the dual torque flywheel, and the flywheel alone is about $2200. Still seems pricey but the year matters for sure.

Typically for the 97+ I would expect $3500-4000 depending on labor rates. For the pre-1997 I would expect at least a $1000 less.

My $.02

LarryB

I got a quote from Elk Grove Acura (32.5 miles from Niello Acura) of $7,094.14 for a clutch replacement for my 1997 NSX-T. I just asked the service manager what a clutch job would cost and I was quite shocked when I got the quote. The quote was for $4,924.14 for parts and $2,170 for labor. As mentioned above, the biggest cost was the flywheel at $3,335.70. This quote was from June 14, 2019 and it seems Acura has already raised the price of the flywheel by about $100. Doing a quick search of online OEM Acura parts dealers, the cheapest I found was $2308.88. The service manager said they would work with me to get the price lower when I actually needed it done, but their NSX tech said the clutch was currently fine and did not need replacement. I only asked because I was curious on the cost...

Back