• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Code 1399 and TCS light

I got code 1399 while driving and the TCS light came on. Checked the wiki but that code is not listed. Any idea what caused this.

P1399 - Random Misfire

Time to check the coils(rear first)

Forget the TCS light, find the misfire....

Regards,
LarryB

How do I check the coils. That might also explain another intermittent issue I have been having. It happened a couple of times over the summer. I would be driving and if I would punch the throttle it would act funny. Hard to explain but seemed like it wasn't working on all cylinders and would have no power. I guess bad coils would do this. Never got a CEL when this happened though

Join the club

Must be a maritime problem because I am in the same boat. Usually just driving in the rain or the first 30 seconds on driving. Then it's all good after that.

Found the services manual and according to it the ohm should be between 0.9 and 1.1. All 6 coil pack measured either 1.3 and 1.4. I was using a cheap ohmmeter so would this be why they are all high or are the all bad

When you touch both leads on your cheap ohm meter together, what does it read? If it reads a couple of tenths of an ohm, you've got your answer. Many cheap ohm meters have a few tenths of an ohm just from the lead resistance which is added to all readings.

Gary

That's what I figured because it was showing 0.3 with the leads alone which would put the coils at the 1.1 required. That beeing said what else could it be.

It happened again yesterday but this time it was code 1201 which is listed as random miss fire/cylinder 1 miss fire. Since I already checked the coils and they checked out what else could it be.

Still could be a bad coil. I've read that even though they look good on a meter, they are still malfunctioning. I still haven't figured out my misfire yet either. Sucked driving while I was home.

Back