• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Cam Placement

Comptech lists the following for intake and exhaust:

Intake: 90377 / 90378
Exhaust: 90379 / 90380

Does it matter which head they go on? I was going to do 377/379 front head and 378/380 rear head.

Comptech lists the following for intake and exhaust:

Intake: 90377 / 90378
Exhaust: 90379 / 90380

Does it matter which head they go on? I was going to do 377/379 front head and 378/380 rear head.

Honda lists separate part numbers for the front and back intake and exhaust cams, so four different pieces. That suggests that location matters. I don't have my shop manual handy so cannot advise on the presence of identifying marks. After you clean up your C30, you may have to check the OEM cams for identifying features such as shoulders / offsets which may help you differentiate front from back.

Or, if you are inclined to gamble, in a purely random selection of the cams (but, not mixing int and exh) you have a 25% chance of getting everything correct.

Honda lists separate part numbers for the front and back intake and exhaust cams, so four different pieces. That suggests that location matters. I don't have my shop manual handy so cannot advise on the presence of identifying marks. After you clean up your C30, you may have to check the OEM cams for identifying features such as shoulders / offsets which may help you differentiate front from back.

Or, if you are inclined to gamble, in a purely random selection of the cams (but, not mixing int and exh) you have a 25% chance of getting everything correct.

Not going to gamble lol. I'm going to ask Shad, but thought someone on here might know.

I thought that would be the benefit of leaving them in the heads...you could tell which one goes where....

LOL...................I love your enthusiasm....and wow to how you are learning the firmware of the ecu/tuning....

When all else fails

4HcSXTEmsV95cDqWA
Bosch-Angle-Grinder.jpg

LOL...................I love your enthusiasm....and wow to how you are learning the firmware of the ecu/tuning....
We have it pretty much done- with datalogging. Should be able to fully tune it for the cams, RDX inj and big bore throttle/intake manifold. I'm targeting 300 whp. Would be thrilled with 310, but would rather have less peak power and a nice fat area under the torque curve....

If you were referring to the camshaft, then you would notice the difference.
The front bank ones are much longer than the rear ones.

Kaz

Thanks, Kaz. That makes it easy. :D

When all else fails

Just gotta trim yer cams down ther good buddy!

Back