• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Is Closing. No Joke.

Just my friggin luck.

I have had the hardest time getting in touch with comptech all day, as well as on friday..

I was starting to wonder about what the deal was.. when all of a sudden the receptionist told me that Comptech was closing down.

COMPTECH IS CLOSING DOWN, AND THEY DONT KNOW IF THEY WILL EVEN BE ABLE TO SHIP MY DAMN BLOWER.

Man, this is just my friggin luck.

They make it seem like they *might* be able to allocate a blower to me, but man, I dont really want to buy a product that has absolutely no tech support, or replacement parts !! Jeesh.

:mad:

Whoa! No way. This seems wrong! OMG - I just called... turns out it's true! Just announced today.
COMPTECH IS CLOSING.

Ugghh... what a blow to the community. I bet Shad saw the writing on the wall (or knew) and thats why he left last year.

This sucks. It sounds like there wasn't a lot of demand for their superchargers or other services. I suppose you can't blame them as there really isn't a lot of NSX's out there.

They had support for S2000,RSX,Civic,ect ect

That is a huge market...I hope someone can pick up the ball and run with it.:frown:

Sucks is an understatement. I don't know how much the NSX market - or lack thereof - had to do with their closing (assuming that is the case). CT makes parts for all sorts of Honda cars including Civic, Accord, TL, CL, S2000 and a few others.

I think the problem is probably on the race side of their business. Years ago, they built Honda engines for CART (in fact, CT had its own CART race team with Parker Johnstone as the driver). And they built engines for IMSA. CT also built engines for the IRL for a while - in fact they built Juan Montoya's Indy 500 winning engine. But that business also dried up when the IRL changed its formula.

I just spoke to them. Today is the day of the announcement. They're going to liquidate assets, pay creditors, and close it up. They said they've got plenty of orders for parts but can't get sufficient supply. Blower component from Sweden as an example. Sounds like a biz opportunity to me...

What if something breaks on our blowers? Where will we get spare parts from? Extra pulley's and idler's? This F'ing sucks! A car they no longer produce and a supercharger that is no longer produced, what an F'ing combo:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll never sell the NSX. I cant wait for summer and more time off. Ive only driven here twice since NSXPO :biggrin: Too many cars, too little time:biggrin: This summer Im commited to driving her every single day I can.

Re: Comptech blower ordered, clutch time!

Are you serious about Comptech??????????????????? I am trying to order a hi-boost pulley and cannot ge through. tell me you are kidding???

Any suggestions on where I can get a hi-boost pulley?

I think you can get pulleys from any auto part store. Its the other little shit im worried about.

Wow... I was planning to buy their Air Induction kit... But it is too soon for me.

They can't close :confused: What if I want a SC in a few years from now :frown:

Maybe they'll sell their SC rights.....? Business oppurtunity anyone??

I mean, wth is happening!?!?!? First BBS closes down, then the speaker producer M&K, now this?? All this within a couple of weeks :confused:

Must be really hard to do business now days........

Edit: Science of speed want to take over the SC business? ;)

Wow so it is finally true now.....I heard about them being in bad shape and mismanagement for a whiles now.......so now the ship is finally sinking.......sorry to see them go.....hopefully someone will pick it up......looks like some people will be getting some good deals on what they have left over.

how bout SOS??

will they still continue to sell CTSC parts?

i was about to shop for CTSC by the end of this year :redface:

This is Great...Yesterday my wife says to me "We have spent a lot of money on me in the last couple years and you have been working so hard..If you still want one, I think you should get a supercharger for your car"

YESTERDAY!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes this is a drag. Don't worry about the supply of parts, Comptech did not make many parts as far as replacement parts, most are sourced from other vendors. There will be folks who can still help out.

On the other hand, for oil pump gears and adjustable timing belt cam pulleys, they have become the only game in town and that sucks! Plus the castings for the SC kits...it will be interesting to see if someone else picks up the ball and builds a screw type blower kit, with an intercooler, maybe even better than CT?!

Comptech has done so much for our niche in the sports car world, very sorry to see them go:frown:

Back