• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Conjugal Visit

Don't get the wrong idea... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

While on business in Southern California last week, I was able to visit my NSX at at the shop (MV Designz in Santa Ana) where its getting new paint and audio. I hope to pick it up by the end of June or early July. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Here is a couple of pics where its about 90% ready for paint...

79292NSX052806.jpg

79291NSX052806.jpg

Mike

Where did you get that front bumper? That is exactly the look that I want for my '94.

Thanks.

Mike,
The car is coming along nicely. Looking really good. I can't wait until you get to bring it home and show it off.

Steve,
Please keep me in the loop on the R/C racing.

All,
RE: the bumper. Mike showed me a picture of it in progress. I'll let Mike post the details should he choose to do so, but based on what he told me about the work that went into it, let's just say it falls into the category of "if you have to ask how much it cost...." :biggrin:

mickeylex said:
...RE: the bumper. Mike showed me a picture of it in progress. I'll let Mike post the details should he choose to do so, but based on what he told me about the work that went into it, let's just say it falls into the category of "if you have to ask how much it cost...." :biggrin:

I figured that it was a one off porduction. It would be nice if someone could manufacture a front bumper like that for those of us who want to retain the pop-up headlights.

DocL said:
I figured that it was a one off porduction. It would be nice if someone could manufacture a front bumper like that for those of us who want to retain the pop-up headlights.

I agree. That bumper looks awesome with the pop up lights.

GROUP BUY on that BUMPER! Spill the beans mike!

I bought the Tracy Sports 2002 Style Front Bumper from SOS. Its actually not that bad as far as price goes...

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/TAITEC/2002%5FBumper%5FSpoiler/

In fact, Chris has one for sale that he posted about a month ago.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68762

Mike

BTW... As far as RC racing goes, I own some stuff, but I have never done it before, so I am a newbie... I know someone that lives very close to me that races RC's.

(Hint: He owns a Yellow NSX)

Mike

The bumper in the link doesn't have the cut-outs for the 91-01 corner lenses. I am assuming that was custom. Very nice!

Wow, get it back by the end of June or early July! How long has it been out of your hands now? You must be going through some serious withdrawal symptoms. I think I'll take mine out for a spin now :biggrin:

Man, it's gonna look nice. I'd like to be first in line for the E ticket ride when it gets back :wink:

WOW mike did u get that bumper off my car when i was asleep? :mad: j/k

juejaimon said:
Looking good Mike! :biggrin:

Charge up your R/C cars... i am getting materials to build a track this week!
HEHEHE Let the games begin.
My RC is ready anytime, how do u like 31,000 RPM? (Disclaimer: RPM is not a typo) :biggrin:

MikeC_587 said:
BTW... As far as RC racing goes, I own some stuff, but I have never done it before, so I am a newbie... I know someone that lives very close to me that races RC's.

(Hint: He owns a Yellow NSX)

Mike
dont worry mike. i'm a newbie too.

If this RC racing actually comes through, and i'm able to make it. i'll bring my 1/10 RC 4wheel alignment tool and align your car if u want me to and i'll align it according to your driving style/ skills. (that is if your RC is adjustable)

Last edited:
amgnsx said:

HEHEHE Let the games begin.
My RC is ready anytime, how do u like 31,000 RPM? (Disclaimer: RPM is not a typo) :biggrin:

dont worry mike. i'm a newbie too.

If this RC racing actually comes through, and i'm able to make it. i'll bring my 1/10 RC 4wheel alignment tool and align your car if u want me to and i'll align it according to your driving style/ skills. (that is if your RC is adjustable)

Something like this (see below)??? :D I've always wanted to go RC. I think you guys are renewing my interest. :cool:

tamc0164.jpg

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLKT4&P=3

Thanks Graeme... That is one slick down hill racer :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I see that you roll on some old school Racing Hart Tracers... Very Nice...

Mike

CDX_NSX said:
Looks great, Mike. But I like my open-wheel concept better. :D

lighten1.jpg

ryan1926 said:
The bumper in the link doesn't have the cut-outs for the 91-01 corner lenses. I am assuming that was custom. Very nice!

Yes, it is... Thanks...

smooth said:
Wow, get it back by the end of June or early July! How long has it been out of your hands now? You must be going through some serious withdrawal symptoms. I think I'll take mine out for a spin now :biggrin:

Man, it's gonna look nice. I'd like to be first in line for the E ticket ride when it gets back :wink:

Tariq,

Like I said on my original post... Rome wasn't built in a day... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I hope you enjoyed your spin around the block... Cause soon enough I will have my NSX back and I will be taking a spin myself... :cool: :cool: :cool:

amgnsx said:

RC Driving Style = Reckless or Demolition Derby, If I'm on the track, I suggest everyone return to the pits, until I'm done... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

RC Driving Skills - NONE!!!

Mike

Hey Mike, the car's looking good, but I'm not sure how you can be so patient, medications??? If you come over to the Big Island you can drive mine anytime, it doesn't get out very much and can use the miles.

I'll be back in a few weeks, let's have dinner.

Aloha,

George

Crossle77 said:
Hey Mike, the car's looking good, but I'm not sure how you can be so patient, medications??? If you come over to the Big Island you can drive mine anytime, it doesn't get out very much and can use the miles.

Aloha,

George

Hi George,

How's The Big Island treating you? I hope you and Rose are doing well... Dinner sounds good, when will you be in town? I will be in Arizona for a Wedding from the 17th to the 20th of June. Send me an e-mail of your availability when your in town.

Mike

Crossle77 said:

Aloha,

George
Hey George
Hawaii Local huh... :biggrin:

I'll be in Oahu on the last week of June... with wifie and son (3yr old).

any suggestions on where to go and what to do?

so far on our to do list:
* Climb Diamond Head
* Hanuma bay
* Pearl Harbor
* Polynesian Cultural Center
* Drink a beer on the beach
* Drink a beer on the beach:biggrin:

any NSX meets on June 25 - July 1?

MikeC_587 said:
Don't get the wrong idea... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

While on business in Southern California last week, I was able to visit my NSX at at the shop (MV Designz in Santa Ana) where its getting new paint and audio. I hope to pick it up by the end of June or early July. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Here is a couple of pics where its about 90% ready for paint...

79291NSX052806.jpg

Mike
Mike....
R u also getting some side skirts for the car? maybe an OEM 02+ might flow well with that from bumper and 02+ rear valance.

or something like this: (pix from "stacy'snsx" Gallery)
9635New_style_vented_bodykit5.jpg

9635New_style_vented_bodykit100.JPG

amgnsx said:
Mike....
R u also getting some side skirts for the car? maybe an OEM 02+ might flow well with that from bumper and 02+ rear valance.

or something like this: (pix from "stacy'snsx" Gallery)
9635New_style_vented_bodykit5.jpg

9635New_style_vented_bodykit100.JPG

Ariel,

Like this?

792910NSX121605b.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

Back