• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Connecticut school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more interesting of a statistic would be to see just how many of those 10,000+ homicides were committed with legally purchased/registered weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

We can kid ourselves till the end of time about gun control, but until there are swift and brutal consequences for violent crimes the numbers will only increase.

Video games of today are targeted to kids that are murder simulators for hours of practice and desensitizing kids to horrific violence.
I'm sorry but playing call of duty does not make kids more likely to pick up a real gun and shoot a bunch of elementary schools kids IMO.

I have played these games my entire life and never once have I thought it would be fun to go kill a bunch of people. If anything, playing these games taught me if I was ever in a real war I would be dead in no time.

We can kid ourselves till the end of time about gun control, but until there are swift and brutal consequences for violent crimes the numbers will only increase.

We are talking about shootings at schools and theaters. We now have a term called "going postal" which was coined after a series of nut jobs killing people at the post office. Guys walk into work and start shooting. In almost all these cases the murderer takes his own life. Do you really think he would be deterred by knowing if he gets caught he will be executed instead of facing life in jail?

- - - Updated - - -

This was one of his three guns...

Have we lost all ability to be reasonable?

acrfull-tfb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Walmart. You can get socks, toilet paper, and a NATO spec semi automatic:

2370E3C1-E82A-4226-912E-2622AE917150-2240-00000303C36B1647.jpg

the other issue here is this idea of a suicide..... once a semi rational human has decided to kill themselves this opens up a whole group of options for this person.....thier once "worthless" life now has purpose..importance...whether a bomb is strapped to thier body or a gun in thier hands..by taking more lives than thier own they feel they will be leaving thier mark in this world,they will be imortalized so to speak.......how do we deal with this..

It's disgusting how politicians and others immediately exploit the tragic acts of madman to attack liberty and promote themselves and their political agendas.

Well when the economy finally hits rock bottom in a few more years you guys should be worried about food. how are you gonna get food and how to protect yourself.
ammo will be scarce and so will food. with that said look at the prices of food ( MRE's ) on ebay
food.jpg

I have played these games my entire life and never once have I thought it would be fun to go kill a bunch of people. If anything, playing these games taught me if I was ever in a real war I would be dead in no time.

Same here. Most kids who play these games are more prone to avoid weapons all together, along with the military, as you become all too aware that there is no re-spawn in real life. If COD teaches you anything, it is that some 12 year old could take you out in 10 seconds if you both had guns.

No thanks.

Turbo, you are seeing a very small piece of a very large pie and obsessing on it. What has happened at the school this week and at the other locations is horrible. But as Doc mentioned, once a person has convinced themselves to commit such an atrocity and have no self worth, nothing will stop them from carrying out their madness.

In the past 100 years can you tell us how many times this sort of thing has happened? Should the actions of a handful of sick individuals affect the rights given to millions when this country was founded? It is also a proven scientific fact that speeding causes accidents that kill innocent people, including children as well....far more every year than all these massacres collectively over the coarse of the past 100 years. So then would you be so willing to remove all your mods to your car and turn them in to your authorities? And then install a governor on all your vehicles limiting them to the maximum speed limit of your state?

You are probably going to post up now that the two are not comparable and how my comment is not appropriate, and rationalize it by saying how you are a law abiding citizen and don't need to go to such extremes to keep you from speeding and endangering the lives of others......I know ask you......What's the difference?

For the record.....I dont own a gun

You're right. I don't think your comparison is logical nor does it make sense to me. You are saying semi automatics sold at Walmart is somehow comparable to speeding with a car. I say the majority of people would say such comparisons are illogical. These are the kinds of arguments always used to justify selling of weapons to the general public and I don't agree with them. No disrespect to you, I just don't agree with you on this one. Where do you want to draw the line? Can I also keep shoulder launched missiles and a nuclear weapon in my house as self protection?

- - - Updated - - -

the other issue here is this idea of a suicide..... once a semi rational human has decided to kill themselves this opens up a whole group of options for this person.....thier once "worthless" life now has purpose..importance...whether a bomb is strapped to thier body or a gun in thier hands..by taking more lives than thier own they feel they will be leaving thier mark in this world,they will be imortalized so to speak.......how do we deal with this..

I believe the guy in china who stabbed 28 kids and the killer in newtown both were in the category you speak of. One injured 28 kids, the other killed 27 people. The difference was one had a knife, the other had a semi auto, a glock, and a pistol.

I think debating the merits of the weapon is more of a distraction from the core issues......

Doc.... A 20 year old kid just walked into Walmart, bought ammo for a semi automatic military grade weapon, all legal, and shot 20 children. The rest of the civilized world thinks we are insane. What is the core issue?

Doc.... A 20 year old kid just walked into Walmart, bought ammo for a semi automatic military grade weapon, all legal, and shot 20 children. The rest of the civilized world thinks we are insane. What is the core issue?

Would it make you feel better if he used a six shot revolver?

You keep missing the point and trying to take everyone down a side-road instead. Guns, knives, bows and arrows and even cement mixers are not the real problem here...

Would it make you feel better if he used a six shot revolver?

You keep missing the point and trying to take everyone down a side-road instead. Guns, knives, bows and arrows and even cement mixers are not the real problem here...

Yes, I much prefer him driving to the school unarmed in a cement mixer or walking in with a bow and arrow or a knife. I am not missing any point. We just clearly see things differently. That's fine, I'll respect your view. I just don't agree with it.

.....so then I take it you would not be willing to turn in your mods and govern your vehicles. If you can not answer yes than you should really think about your stance on repealing constitutional rights of millions for the actions of a few.

You cannot tell me the deaths of those at the hands of speeders or drunks is any less tragic than what transpired in Conneticut.....dead is dead. The only difference is intent....which no gun ban can change.

And no....you can not keep shoulder launched missiles or nuclear weapons in your house, because in the USA that would be against the law.

Agreed.

People kill people... Guns make it easier.

Every single day in America, there are ~100 million gun owners who kill no one.

The people who do things like friday are people whose brains tell them it's perfectly okay. We need to stop criminalizing our mentally disabled. Since the 80s, the ONLY way to get people like that help is to charge them with a crime that often times they have never committed. We need a new system. The way the government spends already, mental health reform would be pocket change, but it's as sensitive an issue now as abortion was 50 years ago. I hope it doesn't take 50 years for politicians to be able to have open conversations about this. Gun owners have been politicized for decades, so they're the easy, more politically correct target.

maybe my facts are wrong cuz I normally never post anything that is correct but No AR-15/M-16A1,A2,A3 or variant no AK-47 was used, the high grade semi-rifle was found in the car and he never left the school building so it wasnt used to kill the people. now the circle in the glass he shot holes thru and walked in like a cartoon possibly

also all victims were shot with small caliber handguns once then in head so most got 2 shots then the rest were watching and waiting for their turn. this is not funny this is sick
let everyone carry a handgun and crime will drop to nothing.

Sam Colt said " God didn’t make all men equal, Sam Colt did "

Last edited:
According to the chief medical examiner.....all victims were shot 6-11 times with a "long gun" as he called it referring to the Bushmaster.

Dave ..can we legislate human behavior?

According to the chief medical examiner.....all victims were shot 6-11 times with a "long gun" as he called it referring to the Bushmaster.

How is that possible when these are the facts the media published?

Police found two semi-automatic handguns with the gunman inside the school: a Glock 9mm and a Sig Sauer pistol.

The gunman was armed with a Glock 9mm semi-automatic pistol a Sig Sauer semi-automatic pistol.

Police also found a semi-automatic Bushmaster .223 caliber rifle inside the car her drove to the school, his mother's car, and shell casings inside the school.

Check your facts.....I saw the chief medical examiner's public interview on the news and am referring only to that, not what was reported by others. I think he would know better than other sources.

The only fact here I see relavent to this discussion is two crazy kids did something awful on separate sides of the planet. One had easy access to guns and killed 28 people. One only had access to knives and injured 27. None dead.

Guns exist for one purpose. To kill.

Last edited:
Once again I am basing my comment on the words I personally heard out of the mans mouth that performed the post mortem exams on the victims, not what reporters have been saying.

- - - Updated - - -

The only fact here I see relavent to this discussion is two crazy kids did something awful on separate sides of the planet. One had easy access to guns and killed 28 people. One only had access to knives and injured 27. None dead.

Guns exist for one purpose. To kill.

So then you too should take off your CT supercharger and hand it over to the authorities, because it has only one purpose...to make your car faster than it already is, which already exceeds the highest posted speed limit in any state in this country, and if you should suffer from a sudden loss of normal mental capacities and get someone else killed tragically, you shouldn't have had it in the first place.

You and Turbo and everyone like you should line up and set the precedent.....and then when the government tells us that wecan't go to the church of our liking you can argue that point on the forums as well. Turbo posed the question of where it ends????? ........I too ask that same question.

Just shows how divided this issue is on guns.
We on this forum have a lot of common ground. Our interest in this car is pretty unique and we all have the means somehow to swing it's purchase and somehow keep them going, yet philosophies differ greatly.
Imagine how hard it is for Washington, where there isn't a lot of common ground, and the division on issues are much larger?
If only the worlds problems could be solved on the extinct japanese V6 car forum here.
I pray for the children and women lost and the famiies left scarred in this wake of insanity, and I'll hug my kids and grandkids much, much harder and worry for their safety in this world I don't feel like I know anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back