• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

considering NSX lease...

koy

hi all,
first post here...figure i can get input as to my vehicle situation.
currently have 02bmw/m3convertible. it is a fine car but cannot be taken out on the track. not that i go often but it is nice to be able to track it when i want.
to trade in for a coupe will leave me pretty upside down $$$ in my current lease.
however, a friend recommeded a NSX-2003 currently leasing through factory acura lease program for $799 for 36months.
this is a crazy low lease rate for a $80k+ car.
is something wrong here? or should it be a no-brainer and i should roll the 'upside-down$$' into the NSX and have payments way less than the m3?
my last car was the baby-nsx(integra-R) so i am happy with the acura brand.
any input is greatly appreciated...but i have to act fast.
gary

no brainer.

Once in a while Honda comes with such a promotional lease on the NSX. The last great one was in last 3 days of October into November of 98 ...... ;)

koy said:
currently have 02bmw/m3convertible. it is a fine car but cannot be taken out on the track. not that i go often but it is nice to be able to track it when i want.

Many groups that hold track events do not allow open-top cars to participate in their track events. I assume that this is why you cannot take your M3 on the track.

A 2003 NSX-T (with a removable roof panel) may, or may not, fit your needs. Remember, the NSX Coupe was discontinued after 2001.

Some track groups allow anything to run. Some don't allow full convertibles at all; some will allow convertibles but only if they have a full roll cage. Some don't allow cars with removable roof panels (like the NSX-T) to run; some will allow them but again, only if they have a full roll cage.

Before you lease the NSX-T, you may want to double-check the rules with the group(s) running the track events you're interested in, to see whether or not you would be able to participate with an NSX-T (and whether it would require a roll cage, which might or not be acceptable for you to install).

nsxtasy said:
Many groups that hold track events do not allow open-top cars to participate in their track events.
Is this going to hold true for NSXCA's NSXPO at Infineion Raceway? :confused: :confused: :confused:

$1599 driveoff...
the car is Silverstone? with black inside...popular color?

with the 't-top' will i suffer the same 'twist and yaw' of the m3cab?

thanks again...

ss_md said:
Is this going to hold true for NSXCA's NSXPO at Infineion Raceway?

NSX-T's may be tracked at NSXPO. I have run mine the past two years at NSXPO (as well as at other tracks).

Bob

I took advantage of the lease deal also. I thought it was too good to pass up. You have to make the #'s make sense for you and depending on how 'upside down' you are in your M3, it will still work out favorable. If you like the NSX and want the opportunity to get into one with minimal down pmt/low monthly pmt, this is the time to do it. Sit down with your dealer and work some #'s and see where it puts you.

As far as color, I like it. Some on here like that silver, others prefer the older silvers. The silver (gray) interior also looks really good with that car.

Good luck

Andy
03 Blue/Onyx
97 Viper GTS - FOR SALE

ss_md said:
Is this going to hold true for NSXCA's NSXPO at Infineion Raceway? :confused: :confused: :confused:

No. The NSXPO 2003 track event will permit those signing up to drive the NSX-T as well as the NSX Coupe.

I find it interesting that some of the groups holding track events and banning open-top cars are marque clubs with a lot of members who own those cars. For example, most (all?) chapters of BMW CCA don't permit convertibles, yet a lot of their members own the M3 Convertible or the Z3 and Z4 in various versions, including the M Roadster.

thanks for all your input...
i am seriously considering 'pulling the trigger' on this deal...before someone else does...by the way, how many nsx' are sold every year---limited i guess.
yes, i am dumb and get the 'mod bug' with every car i get...is the nsx liveable as-is out of the box?
i know that is a silly question...you all are probably pretty modded up.

Here's my question:

Leasing an NSX is one thing. Leasing an NSX for the sole purpose (at least the majority of the time) of tracking may or may not be something else.

Does tracking a leased NSX (along with the 'abuse';) that entail such events) fall under the "normal wear-and-tear" clause of the contract? Because if it doesn't, you might end up getting shafted by the dealer when you hand in your keys at lease-end.

Just throwin' it out there....

koy said:
how many nsx' are sold every year

For 1991-1998: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/productionnumbers.htm

Since then, they have sold 200-300 per year.

These numbers are for U.S. sales only.

Originally posted by Joel
Does tracking a leased NSX (along with the 'abuse' that entail such events) fall under the "normal wear-and-tear" clause of the contract? Because if it doesn't, you might end up getting shafted by the dealer when you hand in your keys at lease-end.

Tracking an NSX doesn't necessarily entail damage to the car - at least, not in the way it might be considered under "normal wear and tear". Tracking typically "uses up" certain parts at a much faster rate - specifically, brake pads, rotors, and tires. However, as long as these parts were replaced when needed, before the end of the lease, the car should still be in good shape to turn in. And as long as the car is reasonably stock.

However, aftermarket modifications may be a different story. If you turn the car in and it has a full roll cage and a six-point harness and the interior has been gutted and you have sponsor stickers all over the car, well, then you might hear some objections from the lessor. :D

Back