• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Convert a 180MPH cluster to 280KPH ! Possible?

Looks like you won't be able to just change the face, you'll probably need the electronics to go with it. The USDM & JDM speeds don't conincide with the same locations on the gauge itself.

Take the following positions for example:
9 o'clock = 45mph (72kph) on USDM vs 60kph on CDM
12 o'clock = 110mph (177kph) on USDM vs 160kph on CDM
3 o'clock = 175 mph (281kph) on USDM vs 255kph on CDM

So if you just swapped the faces, your speedo would be considerably off..

I wonder if that can be adjusted though to be at least within a standard amount of tolerance. I'm going to experiment with this . From face value the MPH dial looks pretty close to KPH. It's probably more a incremental linearity issue.

I wonder if that can be adjusted though to be at least within a standard amount of tolerance. I'm going to experiment with this . From face value the MPH dial looks pretty close to KPH. It's probably more a incremental linearity issue.
I do recall making a similar setup years back recalculating and calibrating a gauge face.
that would have been years back ether for a Honda Legend or a Motorcycle.

Wow just got a quote from Honda, to supply the speedo unit and Circuit board $1100 . I'm not suprized though. If I do go this way is this all I need ?

That's about the right price; however, you need to make sure it is for OBDI, and you'll also need a new speedo face.

Wow just got a quote from Honda, to supply the speedo unit and Circuit board $1100 . I'm not suprized though. If I do go this way is this all I need ?

Is that 280Km/h speedo for NA1? I asked several sources and they all said it is out of production already. I wanna do the mod for my UK spec too.

Back