• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cop punches girl in the head

Let's get real folks. It was only a jaywalking violation! I understand the officer had tried to diffuse the situation somewhat, but it should not have gotten to the point it was at in the first place. A different violation where the perps could perhaps endanger him or others, is a different story. Then this kind of force may be justified to diffuse matters from becoming worse. I have the utmost respect for our law officers and they should be treated with respect as anyone else. This officer, in my opinion did not use proper judgement at the very beginning of this which is not on the tape. What I am saying is, it did not have to get to the point of everyone struggling over a damn jaywalk.......PERIOD! :mad:

Jaywalking can be very annoyed when you are driving a car, especially in the ghetto area (Oakland, CA). They walk in a group of 2-5 in the middle of the street and ignore the coming cars. And they look at you and give you the feeling " go ahead and hit me".

Bottom line, these girls deserve it.

Last edited:
No way! The cop threw a punch right to the face, this was just pure rage for being pushed. I bet you that if his guy's wife did the same thing she would come away with a black eye. He should have stepped back, pulled his weapon/taser/pepper spray and commanded her to desist. The girl pushes him back and is separated from him and he re-engages. This was a case of rage, he was going to show her who was in charge. Guy needs to be fired.

glad to see your opinion of things hasent changed over the years....too bad your still wrong as hell.

ass clowns need to realize they cannot attack a cop...she is LUCKY she just got hit in the face....
hell yeah he was enraged....it was a jaywalking issue and not even for her...what is she even doing opening he damn mouth...

I guess we are all trying to make a call here and who knows? That is precisely why they follow with investigations. Looks like there were plenty of witnesses on the scene though.
You may be right (but we don't know). They didn't like being told what to do is a possibility, but even if that was the case, it was still all verbal to that point. My question is, when and why did people start touching one another. Looks like the camera guy was too late or edited out the important stuff. Where the photog picks it up, the cop is already twisting the teen's hand around and perhaps causing some pain thus inviting the other girl to jump in physically as well. How the hell did it get that far is my point?

regardless how it got there...why is the other girl "invited" to jump in...

From the Smoking Gun

Not First Legal Run-In For Video Teens
Cop assault, robbery, auto theft on rap sheets of viral "victims"

JUNE 17--One of the teenage girls seen tussling with a Seattle cop on a recent viral video was arrested last year for assaulting a sheriff's deputy, records show. Marilyn Levias, 19, was busted last February after cops were called to a residential treatment center where the young woman had been abusive to staff (Levias was scheduled to be transported to a foster home). According to the below probable cause affidavit sworn by King County Sheriff's Office Detective Eleanor Broggi, Levias became "loud an uncooperative" and told two deputies to "Fuck Off." At one point, she allegedly pushed Deputy Amy Zarelli, causing her to fall, with Levias landing atop her. After Levias was handcuffed, she kicked Zarelli in the stomach and called her a "bitch." The charge against Levias, a first-time offender, was dismissed on "deferred disposition" after she completed the terms of community supervision. The other young woman seen in the recent video, Angel Rosenthal, 17, has been arrested twice in the past two years. She was busted in early-2008 for auto theft, as detailed in a probable cause affidavit sworn by a Kent Police Department officer. In an interview with police, Rosenthal admitted using a screw driver to "break the ignition and start" a Dodge Caravan. The juvenile case against Rosenthal was dismissed after Rosenthal received a "deferred disposition." She was arrested again last August for allegedly punching and robbing a 14-year-old boy, according to a Seattle Police Department probable cause affidavit. The robbery case was dismissed earlier this year. Levias and Rosenthal were arrested Monday afternoon after tangling with Officer Ian Walsh, who tried to cite Levias for jaywalking outside a Seattle high school. As seen in the video shot by an onlooker, Rosenthal was punched in the face by Walsh after she pushed the cop and tried to intervene in his arrest of Levias.

Well...that certainly puts things into perspective. Thanks Mr. Doug.

I honestly think she got what she asked for. It probably would have been a lecture at most for J-walking. Good job americas youth!

Jaywalking can be very annoyed when you are driving a car, especially in the ghetto area (Oakland, CA). They walk in a group of 2-5 in the middle of the street and ignore the coming cars. And they look at you and give you the feeling " go ahead and hit me".

Bottom line, these girls deserve it.

...and anyone with half a brain should be looking left and right to be sure they aren't being set up to get robbed. If you flatten out the j-walkers the robbers will testify against you in court, but they aren't going to say....my friend was going to walk out in front of them and cause them to stop so I could rob them, instead they will say...my friend was just crossing the street when the dude ran him down like a dog in the road.

This girl got what she deserved. I am sick and tired of people feeling they can challenge the police for everything and then play the race card or call it profiling. Just stop breaking the law! I hope that every time this loud mouth biatch opens her mouth and yells at a cop that the cop punches her in the mouth. Sorry, but her momma should have taught her the rules when she was growing up.

This girl got what she deserved. I am sick and tired of people feeling they can challenge the police for everything and then play the race card or call it profiling. Just stop breaking the law! I hope that every time this loud mouth biatch opens her mouth and yells at a cop that the cop punches her in the mouth. Sorry, but her momma should have taught her the rules when she was growing up.

I agree. I don't know her momma but I know lots of people who act like her and are raising 10 kids each to act just like her so you can expect this to get a lot worse.

My only hope with people like this is that natural selection takes care of them at some point. . . . . . .in the very near future. I agree the cop looked like he was raged, but when he's the one with the gun he STILL gets confronted, all bets are off. I've not been a fan of the police as of late, but I really can't blame this guy.

Well the first problem I see is that he didn't put enough hip rotation in his punching mechanism. A more efficient punch would incorporate more twisting of the body generating the power from the feet. He should also try to make more a snaping motion, rather than trying to "push" his punch. :wink:
My thoughts exactly. On that initial jab, the person you're attacking should be able to see your back for the split second before impact. Then the right cross comes along and the only thing they should be seeing is the sky or the inside of their eyelids.

From the Smoking Gun

Not First Legal Run-In For Video Teens
Cop assault, robbery, auto theft on rap sheets of viral "victims"

JUNE 17--One of the teenage girls seen tussling with a Seattle cop on a recent viral video was arrested last year for assaulting a sheriff's deputy, records show. Marilyn Levias, 19, was busted last February after cops were called to a residential treatment center where the young woman had been abusive to staff (Levias was scheduled to be transported to a foster home). According to the below probable cause affidavit sworn by King County Sheriff's Office Detective Eleanor Broggi, Levias became "loud an uncooperative" and told two deputies to "Fuck Off." At one point, she allegedly pushed Deputy Amy Zarelli, causing her to fall, with Levias landing atop her. After Levias was handcuffed, she kicked Zarelli in the stomach and called her a "bitch." The charge against Levias, a first-time offender, was dismissed on "deferred disposition" after she completed the terms of community supervision. The other young woman seen in the recent video, Angel Rosenthal, 17, has been arrested twice in the past two years. She was busted in early-2008 for auto theft, as detailed in a probable cause affidavit sworn by a Kent Police Department officer. In an interview with police, Rosenthal admitted using a screw driver to "break the ignition and start" a Dodge Caravan. The juvenile case against Rosenthal was dismissed after Rosenthal received a "deferred disposition." She was arrested again last August for allegedly punching and robbing a 14-year-old boy, according to a Seattle Police Department probable cause affidavit. The robbery case was dismissed earlier this year. Levias and Rosenthal were arrested Monday afternoon after tangling with Officer Ian Walsh, who tried to cite Levias for jaywalking outside a Seattle high school. As seen in the video shot by an onlooker, Rosenthal was punched in the face by Walsh after she pushed the cop and tried to intervene in his arrest of Levias.

Surprised?:confused: No.

Funny. I AM AMAZED how "men" get into fights with girls, it's incredible, even if the B***H is hitting me, I'd just make her sleep, stop her, run form her, ANYTHING but hit her.

3 groups a REAL MAN needs to avoid, screw them ignore them, just let it go:

OLDER MAN (by older I mean 15+ years older than me)
WOMEN
KIDS Younger than 20

A real man KNOWS that it can pretty much destroy 99.9% of ALL women, 90% of older man, 90% of kids under 20

ARGH

No way! The cop threw a punch right to the face, this was just pure rage for being pushed. I bet you that if his guy's wife did the same thing she would come away with a black eye. He should have stepped back, pulled his weapon/taser/pepper spray and commanded her to desist. The girl pushes him back and is separated from him and he re-engages. This was a case of rage, he was going to show her who was in charge. Guy needs to be fired.

There are rules for escalation of force. The taser only comes out AFTER empty handed attempts at restraint have failed OR an empty handed attempt would be unlikely to work. Given that the officer is male of that size, he would have a harder time justifying why he needed to use a higher level of force than unarmed self defense against women.

I'll tell you from experience: a cop has a lot of weapons and gadgets on his belt. I would gladly knock someone out cold before I let them get a hold of one of those weapons. Also, failure to comply with a police officer's lawful instructions is grounds for escalation of force (physically restraining the person). Resisting that attempt at restraint is grounds for further escalation... etc, ect.

The reality of it is this: if you put your hands on an LEO, you have just opened up the door for a world-class @$$ wooping. Case by case, of course, but assuming everything was done right leading up to the use of force, there's not much legal defense against assaulting a police officer. Not only have you just authorized him to escalate force and beat you literally into submission, but now you're going to jail, too.

Last edited:
Some people have to learn the hard way because their mamas never taught them any better.

Once they put their hands on you, I do not care what they are, they are going down fast and hard.

The next time they consider putting their hands on you, or someone like you, maybe they will remember their last butt kicking and refrain from their ill-conceived plan.

Back