• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cops stopping My car all summer!!

Ok .. I'm new to having this NSX car...

and I bought it because ... well..

I didn't want to be another Fat White Guy in a Porch,BMW, Corvette, Mustang... etc..

& it is rare & well dam nice to drive...

But the Dam Cops Keep stopping me....

It is the same every time.....

Driving along playing the tunes top down...

Cop-lights suddenly behind me...

I Turn down the radio..

Now I hear the siren...

Pull over...

They (yep always two cops) swagger up to the car and ask...

"Do you know how fast you were going??"...

I am at this point thinking ..

no no office the real question is do YOU KNOW HOW FAST I WAS GOING????...

Then I just give them my ownership, Insurance & licence....

But I give it to them in a pocket-wallet holder which was given to me by my lawyer (on retention)..

On the outside it says. Ticket Busters..

So the one cop goes back to his car to check me out as the other cop checks the car out...

The cop always come back and says...

"We are letting you off with a warning today..drive safer..."

The the Cop turns around.. stops.. turns back around and says..

"O by the way ... NICE CAR."

DOES THIS HAPPEN TO YOU????

Gary

It happened to me in other cars but not yet in the NSX. I know many cops that are cars nuts. They like cars just like we do. Its cool to get stopped for nice cars but not when I am in a hurry somewhere.

However, after owning it for a year, I finally got a speeding (80 in 65)ticket yesterday. Other cars are going just as fast but our cars stand out.

What bothers me is that I solely believe that I was jinxed at the DMV few days ago when a guy asked "so how many tickets have you gotten so far."
:mad:#$%^**%%

I've heard that almost the only reasonable response you can give to the "do you know how fast you were going" question is, "it's hard to say, it varies with the traffic, etc."

In other words, it's a trick question to get you to admit guilt, and you're basically saying it can't be known to a certainty as it fluctuates.

Others say cops try to get you to answer various questions to implicity give up your right to silence, so you're supposed to answer every question with a question. In this case, you'd say something like, "Do you believe I was speeding? Why did you pull me over?"

My honset opinion, giving them your wallet with "ticket busters" on it is not gonna help you in any way. It may actually hurt you. If your car is rare in your area, then you will want to befriend cops at every chance you get. They will all know you and your car before long. You want a good reputation, not bad. I am friends with many cops in my area and the motorcycle cops actually swerve in my direction when approaching with a wave. No I don't speed but I know if I'm cited by someone I don't know I can always make a phonecall.:wink: Lose the "Ticketbusters" wallet.

I didn't want to be another Fat White Guy

Gary

No.

Gary I'd just like to point out that there are certain advantages in being an old, fat, white guy. :wink:

The car gets attention, period. Don't like it, buy a Taurus...lots of old white guys in those. Just be glad they've been nice enough to not write you a ticket.

i used to get pulled over and the cops would say "where are you headed?" and ask that over and over trying me to make up a story...the didn't check drivers licence, insurance, or registration...only had another cop pull up beside me. BTW-I didn't do anything wrong.

They used to pull me over for weeks and run engine checks on my civic every morning where i used to work when i was younger too. I mean they pulled in behind me when i got to work in the parking lot. My boss was so worried that he thought they were going to pull him over too in his Benz but that never happened.

Basically, i was being harassed and never broke the speed limit ect... Some people are just like that.

I tried the ask questions instead of answers

cop pulls me over.

cop: do you know why I pulled you over?

me: Why did you pull me over officer?

cop: you didnt use your blinker during that lane change back there

me: isnt using your blinker Optional if there are no other cars that will benifit from me indicating my lane change intention?

cop: quit answering my questions with a question Im the one asking the questions here.

me: Is that so?

Cop: yes, let me see your license and Reg

me: im sorry did you ask me for this and this? ( showing him the 2 items )

cop: yes

he returns to his slow ( police interceptor ) I wait he looks me up lalala...

he returns to me

cop: here you go Im gonna let you go but you need to use your blinker when lane changing regardless of how many cars are on the road.

me: are you letting me go?

cop: ( walks away )

he had nothing to do but pull me over. on a sunday morning not a car on the road. I guess had to make his 5 car Quota for the day.

cops are all the same.

Shawn and Gary:

Teach them a lesson.

Next time get their badge numbers, call their station and complain to the shift commander!

That'll let them know who they're messing with!

Last edited:
As if none of us NSX owners don't speed. :rolleyes:

Yes the NSX attracts alot of attention. Try owning one in the Middle East where the car was never sold! Talk about hassle...

I speed anytime it's safe. Why have a well handling sports car to go 40mph? I thought I was old until I hear things like "I never speed". Get a Prius then. This car was made to run!
Happy Motoring!

I speed anytime it's safe. Why have a well handling sports car to go 40mph? I thought I was old until I hear things like "I never speed". Get a Prius then. This car was made to run!
Happy Motoring!

I cruise the beach. Can't reel in babes going 120...(and can't reel in babes driving a Prius, either).

Over 2 years and 14K miles I've been stopped once and given a ticket for 69 in a 55 zone. Never stopped for profiling, yet I am lowered, CF hood and wing, headers, CT exhaust, BBSC, LED tails and diffuser.
Sure it's the car?
Maybe rename thread "Cops stopping ME all summer"? :confused:

Got stopped a few months a go, it was 1:30 am and I was just coming out of MC'Ds drive through. The stop was for no front plate but that was just cause to try for a DUI pop. I don't drink so sorry no big score for the officer. The officer walked up and said good evening and I answered "good morning" and handed him my license. He asked if I had been issued a front plate and I said yes. After he gave me my warning he said the front plate helps a lot for checking speed with laser the low cars are hard to get LOL.

Maybe is spring when I get the car out again I will put the front plate on :wink:

I didn't want to be another Fat White Guy in a Porch,BMW, Corvette, Mustang... etc..

& it is rare & well dam nice to drive...

But the Dam Cops Keep stopping me....

It is the same every time.....

Driving along playing the tunes top down...

Cop-lights suddenly behind me...

I Turn down the radio..

Now I hear the siren...

Pull over...

They (yep always two cops) swagger up to the car and ask...

"Do you know how fast you were going??"...

I am at this point thinking ..

no no office the real question is do YOU KNOW HOW FAST I WAS GOING????...

Then I just give them my ownership, Insurance & licence....

But I give it to them in a pocket-wallet holder which was given to me by my lawyer (on retention)..

On the outside it says. Ticket Busters..

So the one cop goes back to his car to check me out as the other cop checks the car out...

The cop always come back and says...

"We are letting you off with a warning today..drive safer..."

The the Cop turns around.. stops.. turns back around and says..

"O by the way ... NICE CAR."

Gary

I think this is because you live in Scarlem!! No, but seriously, there are so many boy racers and ricers in the GTA, they were hoping to bust yet another racer with a nice car. I live in East York and I've gotten pulled over 4 times in the two weeks of owning the car. 3 out of 4 was a "random" check and the 4th was a ticket for no front plate. After that, I think they've seen my car enough to not bother pulling me over again.

I had a 907ie Paso '93 and was merging on 75/85 North in downtown Atlanta one night. I passed two semis with the bike ripping along, then throttled back once past the juggernauts. I look in my rearview and see blue coming on fast. I swear to myself and indicate to the right and pull under the 10th street bridge.
I put the bike on it's side-stand, kill the motor and take off my helmet.
The Ga. State Trooper sez, "do you know how fast you were going back there?"
i sez, "no sir, but I hit it fast enough to get in front of the two semis."
He, well son, you passed the front of my bumper at about 100mph."
I, "where were you, all I saw was the two semis?"
He, "right there next to them."
I, "oh!, I missed you then..."
He, "do you know why I'm not going to write you a ticket?"
I,"uh, no, but thanks."
He,"most motorcyclists' think they can outrun us, and that causes lives to be lost, innocent and otherwise, so for doing the right thing, I'm giving you a pass. So take it easy and enjoy that beautiful bike."
I,"yes sir and have a great night and thanks again!"

I have been stopped multiple times in cars and bikes...the trick is to be cool and polite and not smarmy or a smart-ass... I have had two tickets in the last 20 years or so and one was reduced by a Carolina Highway Patrol officer because I was pleasant . That is all it takes.

After he gave me my warning he said the front plate helps a lot for checking speed with laser the low cars are hard to get LOL.

That's the very reason I have a front plate. It's not even visible jammed behind the air dam in front of the radiator but still able to be useful to cops. Would guess that's why I've never been pulled over for the plate yet have with my damn innocent Volvo.

I probably pass or see at least 4-6 cops just in my 15 minute commute to work daily. We have so many staters, sheriffs, and city cops for this area its insane. But luckily never pulled over yet in this car. I drive aggressive but not stupid and am constantly aware of my surroundings, which includes cops ;)

in canada the police do not need a reason to pull you over. Take it as a compliment as they just want to see the car! Just get used to it and remember that they will pull you over anytime!

Back