• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette C7 leaks

Gotta say, this looks pretty awesome
011313_1b.jpg

I like it. The interior could have gone farther, reminds me of the C4 instrument panel. But this is a significant jump forward for the car, the car that made me a car enthusiast when I was a kid.

Almost looks like they copied the new viper.

As sports cars continue to try to eke out every last once of performance, low slung, front engine, two seaters will continue to look closer and closer to each other. Aerodynamics shapes today's performance cars, and unfortunately body shape similarity will be a result of it. It will become more difficult to find something that looks like this:

c22.jpg

Last edited:
Initial C7 renderings were are big turnoff for me......

I am pleasantly surprised with the new car.

Go USA!

Thank god they improved the interior and reduced the size of the steering wheel and improved the lumbar support on those seats. I remember my C5Z06 had a steering wheel from a school bus and seats that were useless (first thing I changed out)

Man, I dunno. I'm not too excited with the exterior or interior. To me, it looks over-styled. It doesn't flow and has complicated sight lines. Maybe b/c it's w/o complemeting aesthetic features. The performance will be there though and I guess that's really what matters. Maybe it'll look better in person.

The interior is a leap forward though even w/ a few retro touches.

EDIT: the above pic in front 3/4 view looks much better.

I hate to say this, but Acura needs a redesign of NSX 2.0 asap!

I also don't see why they called it stingray. I really hate these shallow marketing teams who ride the coat tails of earned reputations with their cheap buzz words.

Why hate to say it? It looks like shit and it needs it. Tough love.

Nero you and eac are the lone holdouts. LOL...

- - - Updated - - -

Let me simplify my graphic just for TURBO2GO

Sharp looking fruit, but not similar enough to the apple to to be called an apple, looks more like an orange.
apple-orange-comparison.jpg

You know you could have used two girls instead...

I still like the NSX 2.0 design.

Me too. It's certainly better than the HSC and ASCC that were floated earlier. Meh, who cares. Can't please everyone. Let the hater's have their hatred and the rest of the humanity enjoy a good design.

Can't argue with a good idea.

Hot looking chick, but not similar enough to the brunette to to be called an brunette, looks more like an blonde.
Victorias-Secret-Models-body-02.jpg

Oh OK.... I see what you mean now!

I don't see how an opinion different from yours makes me a hater?

sharp car. not similar enough to the stingray to deserve that name though

notthesamevette.jpg

Considering what the first Corvette Stingray looked like, there is enough family resemblance to say there is lineage. But yeah, they don't look the same. And I am ok with that.

1963-Chevrolet-Corvette-Sting-Ray-side-view.png

The Viper would be my choice. Best looking car on the planet. C7 has too many angles and lines that interrupt the flow. My 1991 NSX looks better than this C7.

Last edited:
Comparing that silver '63 fastback coupe to that 165 HP '72 is like comparing a Tag Huer to an Armitron. They never should have used the stingray name past 1969. Let's hope Honda doesn't ruin "NSX".

I want that splt window coupe... Wow is that thing cool. I do see a lot more resemblance from the new one to that than the red coke bottle one.

Last edited:
C7 vs. New Viper

homer-eating-popcorn-small-c78.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a hood vent or cowl induction. I wish they would have made up their mind here. If that's the faux hood exhaust vent i'll be very disappointed. There's enough Hyundai Genesis coupes with fake hood vents running around.

011313_1b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

on second thought.. this looks functional!

2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-032-medium.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The stock market isn't very excited about the C7 evidently lol

Last edited:
Back