• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette C7 leaks

The only other car that I've seen and has been praised for roomy interior and similar (but obviously a more expensive expression) interior theme is the Pagani. Just youtube it. both models.

Now I have more reason to keep my NSX and feel good about the mods.

The NSX value really shines under the $100k mark if they can keep the power at 500HP. Anything north of $100k needs to have power at 550-600HP to keep the audience interested.

Base model C7 will be 450HP. And anyone familiar with domestic V8s like the LSx platform knows that there will be tons of aftermarket support where a simple tune (yes domestic cars are just so dam easy to access via a laptop on the stock ECU), intake, full exhaust may bring that 450HP much closer to 450RWHP. If that's the case then the NSX will look MUCH less appealing in terms of value to performance (now that the C7 has delivered on styling and fit & finish where they were lacking in the past).

Right now i like the C7 ext better than the 2014/15 NSX.

Honda should have just rolled out the HSC wtih 500HP and be done with it 5 years ago.

The only other car that I've seen and has been praised for roomy interior and similar (but obviously a more expensive expression) interior theme is the Pagani. Just youtube it. both models.

Now I have more reason to keep my NSX and feel good about the mods.

The NSX value really shines under the $100k mark if they can keep the power at 500HP. Anything north of $100k needs to have power at 550-600HP to keep the audience interested.

Base model C7 will be 450HP. And anyone familiar with domestic V8s like the LSx platform knows that there will be tons of aftermarket support where a simple tune (yes domestic cars are just so dam easy to access via a laptop on the stock ECU), intake, full exhaust may bring that 450HP much closer to 450RWHP. If that's the case then the NSX will look MUCH less appealing in terms of value to performance (now that the C7 has delivered on styling and fit & finish where they were lacking in the past).

Right now i like the C7 ext better than the 2014/15 NSX.

Honda should have just rolled out the HSC wtih 500HP and be done with it 5 years ago.

And in 2014-15 there will be the C7 version of the ZO6 and ZR-1 and both will be priced less than the new NSX.

And in 2014-15 there will be the C7 version of the ZO6 and ZR-1 and both will be priced less than the new NSX.

We will see. The previous Z06 came out 1 year after base model. The ZR1 3 years later.

It used to be the Z06 was the performance deal of the decade. There wasn't one car under 100,000 that could touch it until the GTR came around. Eventually the Z06 price ballooned to almost six figures by adding stuff like CC brakes etc.

The base C7 makes liberal use of aluminum and carbon fiber. One can only assume that the Z06 if made will use even more. That is not going to be cheap. I'm betting close to 100,000.

Still cheaper than the rumored price for NSX but I doubt there will be many cross shoppers.

MC

1996 NSX-T
2008 Corvette Z06
2010 Cadillac Escalade

As far as the Vette vs NSX 2.0, $60k v $130k interior comparison, I think it is a copout. How is it possible that an Audi TT can have a better looking interior than the new Vette? Hell, how can a lowly Audi A4 have a better interior than the Vette? The Vette's interior is an improvement, but can still be leaps and bounds better. I'm hoping it's just the pics, and has to be seen in the flesh.

Did you really just compare a C7 vette to a 4 or 5(RS) bangin' Audi TT? :biggrin:

Did you really just compare a C7 vette to a 4 or 5(RS) bangin' Audi TT? :biggrin:

Haha, yes, yes I did! I do think the Corvette interior is miles apart from the C6.

But this is Audi's Camaro equivalent (TT RS):

2013-Audi-TT-RS-Plus-Interior.jpg

33_2014_chevrolet_corvette_reveal.jpg

Last edited:
I love the C7! I would take a C7 Z51 or a Z06 over the new NSX. Why? Mainly because the C7 is a significant improvement over the C6 with very little increase in cost. The NSX is still 2-3 years away and will have techinology that Isn't appealing to me(hybrid, electric motors, Awd)

Last edited:
I love the C7! I would take a C7 Z51 or a Z06 over the new NSX. Why? Mainly because the C7 is a significant improvement over the C6 with very little increase in cost. The NSX is still not 2-3 years away and will have techinology that Isn't appealing to me(hybrid, electric motors, Awd)

I agree with Ritesh but with that I plan on updating both vette zo6 and NSX with the new. The new NSX will wait once released on any recalls or possible bugs since it will be to me a Beta run for those first purchasing. Same goes for the Vette.

The C7 is another great looking car...liked the C6 a lot too... The C7 reminds me of a Jag, Camaro, new Viper love child... is it possible to conceive while in a 3-way?

I agree with Ritesh but with that I plan on updating both vette zo6 and NSX with the new. The new NSX will wait once released on any recalls or possible bugs since it will be to me a Beta run for those first purchasing. Same goes for the Vette.

Especially the Vette. NEVER buy a first year Vette.

MC

1996 NSX-T
2008 Corvette Z06
2010 Cadillac Escalade (Towmobile)

When the NSX was first released it looked better than the respective generation of vette in the early '90s, the C4.

Now it's more like the other way around.

That new NSX with it's beak is fugly. As I've said before (and I'm talking code to Honda/Acura), make the fockin' HSC with 500HP and be done with it.

When the NSX was first released it looked better than the respective generation of vette in the early '90s, the C4.

Now it's more like the other way around.

That new NSX with it's beak is fugly. As I've said before (and I'm talking code to Honda/Acura), make the fockin' HSC with 500HP and be done with it.

I think the C4 (ZR-1) is one of the best Corvette designs they made. Simple, angular, stands out. Like an early Esprit.

Last edited:
Well I like the 32 valve DOHC LT5 engine from it. Thanks about it.

thats because the Japanese had something to do with it....

lol I was thinking yamaha...are we both jacked up on african soap...

lol I was thinking yamaha...are we both jacked up on african soap...

That's the Taurus SHO. Later, the Yamaha engine was put in the Volvo S80.

BTW, I did end up buying African Black soap last night. LOL

yowza,let us know if you become irresistible to all the muskox in the valley.....

Back