• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crashed nsx to refix ? Good option or not ?

Hi guys,

I have came across a low mileages nsx near Geneva where I work and the owner is making me a good price for a accidented nsx.

so I know that it is an alu chassis, but he confirmed me that it is possible to rebuild it as new as it was.

Please find below the car :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...Cars_Trucks&hash=item4156427b34#ht_961wt_1165

What do you think guys ? I'm afraid that even if I buy it, there will be consequences further the accident.

Any help from you guys will be much more appreciated. That can be my occasion to be part of your forum with a nsx cruiser ;)

Thank you !

that one looks bad. its not just the front thats damaged it also the rear frame. the frame takes the main hit in the front but the remaining force wripples down the frame, to the rear.

I am sure you could fix it but how much is the question.

goodluck

If it were worth fixing, the current owner would have it fixed before selling it.

It's not worth what it would cost to fix. I can promise you that if you buy it, you will regret doing so regardless of whether you eventually get it fixed or not. If you get it fixed properly, it will cost you more, and be worth less, than a car that has never been in a serious accident.

Run away!

Its not worth it unless you own a bodyshop.And even then they want 15k for the car.Mine cost 17k to fix it when I had my accident. They didnt have to pull my frame either.And the headlight buckets have to be rebuilt as they dont make them anymore well thats what my bodyshop told me.

New_Image.JPG

Last edited:
Yikes!! That looks like it would be a real headache to fix. Also, probably hurt your bank account badly.

Yeeahhh too risky for me, even more for my first acquisition...

Going back to my first initiative to import one from the US. Project starting in March but will cost me some more bucks to have it back to Geneva in Switzerland.

if you guys are interrested for the back or the motor, as I'm just 10 minutes away from the car shop, I can propose myself to take some pics or information for you.

I also see the importance now of having a car fax number. It is so stupid that we don't have a such system here in Europe !

Anyway, thanks for the help and looking forward to have my ride soon to present it to you.

Cheers,
h

Its not worth it unless you own a bodyshop.And even then they want 15k for the car.Mine cost 17k to fix it when I had my accident. They didnt have to pull my frame either.And the headlight buckets have to be rebuilt as they dont make them anymore well thats what my bodyshop told me.

New_Image.JPG

Yours seems less damaged though! So I can't even imagine the price for this one to fix it !!! Definitely a frustrating nightmare for me and my bank

Back