• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC NSX vs Supra Turbo-I got smoked!

I was on my way home from work last night when I pull along side a gorgous black supra turbo. Im not sure exactly what mods were done but he said he had an AEM and some "minor" other goodies. Im not one for racing on the street but it was late at night and there were no other cars on the road. The lights turned green and we took off, I had him in 1 due to his exessive tire smoke and turbo lag and thru 2nd we were neck and neck, after shifting into third he started pulling away but once my VTEC engaged I starting gaining on him... towards the top of third he was about a half a car length ahead and in 4th I could not keep up (although I didnt really try-I didnt want to get a ticket or hurt someone) so I backed off. I was suprised the little Honda performed so well but now I have one small problem. I NEED MORE POWER!

PS- I know street racing is deadly and stupid but as you can tell from my avitar- the popution where I live is very rural and we werent weaving in and out of lanes. Flames arent needed so if your going to tell me Im a moron.... I already know. :tongue:

"With great power comes great responsibiltiy"- Uncle Ben

"AEM. HI-boost kit, and Nitrous, then smoke him"-Aunt May :biggrin:

I would say you did a great job driving. Even a mildly modded Supra should beat a CTSC NSX anyway.

Way to represent and not get embarrassed.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I was on my way home from work last night when I pull along side a gorgous black supra turbo. Im not sure exactly what mods were done but he said he had an AEM and some "minor" other goodies. Im not one for racing on the street but it was late at night and there were no other cars on the road. The lights turned green and we took off, I had him in 1 due to his exessive tire smoke and turbo lag and thru 2nd we were neck and neck, after shifting into third he started pulling away but once my VTEC engaged I starting gaining on him... towards the top of third he was about a half a car length ahead and in 4th I could not keep up (although I didnt really try-I didnt want to get a ticket or hurt someone) so I backed off. I was suprised the little Honda performed so well but now I have one small problem. I NEED MORE POWER!

haha for those Supra Guys, bolt on parts still give them a CRAP load of horsepower lol, if he had an AEM and downpipe/intake/exhaust/boost controller he could dial in 500 rwhp pretty easy, hell they have a 460 hp bolt on parts kit (thats still with original turbo i believe, its just the downpipe, exhaust, boost controller, boost gauge and puter) so dont feel bad :biggrin:

Good job !! You had a little fun and used your head as far as being responsible, that's what counts.........as you know already. I'd still rather own an NSX then a Supra, horsey's or not.

It's all fun..........right :biggrin:

GHOSTRIDER said:
I would say you did a great job driving. Even a mildly modded Supra should beat a CTSC NSX anyway.

Way to represent and not get embarrassed.

Beginning of third was embaressing but its a SUPRA Turbo... what did you expect. Funny because we pulled over afterwards and bullshitted and he said that he and all the kids in his car club heard rumors of a supercharged NSX in our area but had never actually seen it.

unlemming said:
How does a picture of a hot chick show that, again? :D

I was referring to the "location" under my avitar that states where im from and what the population-just under 2000 people :eek:

I'm a Supra turbo owner and looking to add an NSX to the stable real soon.
Supras respond to bolt-ons like no other. Most Supras you see are what they call BPU (basic performance upgrades). This includes cat back exhaust, boost controller, downpipe, intake. Just this alone give them roughly 400 to the ground with stocklike reliability. Single turbo Supras can make anywhere from 500-1500 HP depending on size of the turbo and fuel system.

PS: I still want to see some pics of your car with those SSR GT3's :)

representation

Sounds like an A.P.U. Supra_TT... that'd take advantage of the AEM moreso than a B.P.U. Was the Supra an auto or manual? The auto's seem to be better for draggin', lol. CTSC NSX 5spd's are usually competent w/ B.P.U.'s (of-course depending on what boost is dialed in). I'm somewhat impressed w/ Mike, lol... :tongue:

Heavily modded Supra_Turbo's top-end is rediculous, they'd walk on most AMG Benzes... :eek:

This is my second NSX and I also own a BPU Supra currently.
If both cars were stock, you'd take the Supra. A few mods to the Supra and 400hp is very normal.

As much as I adore my Supra, I recently came back to owning an NSX. However, I do believe that the NSX is underpowered and decided to turbocharge mine.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I was referring to the "location" under my avitar that states where im from and what the population-just under 2000 people :eek:

whoaaa. Bridgewater's post count is the EXACT same as his towns population.
Who else can say that?

Hoover said:
This is my second NSX and I also own a BPU Supra currently.
If both cars were stock, you'd take the Supra. A few mods to the Supra and 400hp is very normal.

As much as I adore my Supra, I recently came back to owning an NSX. However, I do believe that the NSX is underpowered and decided to turbocharge mine.

I have never owned a Supra nor driven one, but from all the Mags showing 1000 horse, WOW..both NSX and Supras are awesome cars. But since I own two NSX, It would be safe to say, I love that the NSX offers a more well rounded exotic.

Hoover, I have been checking out your website. I would realy be interested in meeting with you and look at your Turbo NSX. perhaps I will do the same to my Red/blk NSX (no engine mod yet) daily driver. Iwork in Concord, CA.

litoG said:
I have never owned a Supra nor driven one, but from all the Mags showing 1000 horse, WOW..both NSX and Supras are awesome cars. But since I own two NSX, It would be safe to say, I love that the NSX offers a more well rounded exotic.

Hoover, I have been checking out your website. I would realy be interested in meeting with you and look at your Turbo NSX. perhaps I will do the same to my Red/blk NSX (no engine mod yet) daily driver. Iwork in Concord, CA.

You're absolutely correct. The Supra is a great car, but not quite an Exotic.

It would be great if you can stop by. My company is moving to Livermore this month, so things are starting to get a little crazy and we're boxing up inventory. However, I'd love to see your modded NSX. I'll be at the shop all week, so please stop by.

I just bought the NSX a week ago and it's at Hilltop Auto getting a check up. I was planning on building stages and logging all of my development then going turbo, but if the head gasket is hurt, then it will be much sooner. I've already made a very unique intake system and want to finish one more version along with a 12-15lbs. exhaust system that I'm starting this week.
I'm definitely going to be on the dyno this week, I want to finish a few more things before we remove the dyno.

Give me a call.

Last edited:
You absolutely correct. The Supra is a great car, but not quite an Exotic.

It would be great if you can stop by. My company is moving to Livermore this month, so things are starting to get a little crazy and we're boxing up inventory. However, I'd love to see your modded NSX. I'll be at the shop all week, so please stop by.

I just bought the NSX a week ago and it's at Hilltop Auto getting a check up. I was planning on building stages and logging all of my development then going turbo, but if the head gasket is hurt, then it will be much sooner. I've already made a very unique intake system and want to finish one more version along with a 12-15lbs. exhaust system that I'm starting this week.
I'm definitely going to be on the dyno this week, I want to finish a few more things before we remove the dyno.

Give me a call.
925-803-1555

Im in, I will call you next week and stop by. I have two NSX, one you see as my signature and the Red/black my daily. next week at Comptech, my brother will drive the Red/black while i take the blk/blk.

I am also looking for a good body shop to do some work, have Down force front lip, NSX-R CF wing not installed yet.

thanks
my cell is 707 208 0261.

Lito

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

PS- I know street racing is deadly and stupid but as you can tell from my avitar- the popution where I live is very rural and we werent weaving in and out of lanes. Flames arent needed so if your going to tell me Im a moron.... I already know. :tongue:

My only question is why you would have been below VTEC shifting into 3rd?
From the sounds of it, if you had shifted at 8K you may not have gotten beat. :frown:

Edgemts said:
From the sounds of it, if you had shifted at 8K you may not have gotten beat. :frown:

you may be right... I want the SOS high boost kit! Im trying not to spend any money right now; just bought a new house with a garage finally :eek: By this summer Ill have the car finished. :rolleyes:

2fstndelerius

with what you've spent on yer car mikey, you coulda/shoulda slipped him
some bills to "throw" the race. :rolleyes:
ya gotta pick your dance partners, bridge ack!!

Edgemts said:

I think he is correct on this one. I have the 9lb CTSC with shorties, so if you had him at 1st, close on 2nd and pushed up to 8k, then hit 3rd to redline, you would of been hitting 95-105+ miles per hour, and 4th should of stayed in vtec and easly hit 120-140+. heck by then, you should of ether ran out of road, or one of you would of started to freak :eek: due to speed and thinking you can die and backed off.

go do it again and post when you beat him. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back