• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC NSX vs Supra Turbo-I got smoked!

RON98 said:
lol :)

just cause we put down $ on a 80K MSRP car does not mean its worth the 80K in performance.

You had me convinced until you wrote that. Besides that few on here have a new NSX and fewer of those paid your quoted $80 k, most dont consider performance purely on how many horses are under your hood, or our hatch. Its always funny to me how most(present company not included) knock the NSX because of cost or its so called aged looks, then in the same breath they compare whichever car is in their garage to the NSX. If you dont belieive me, troll the Ferrari,Lambo or Porsche boards.

Armando

RON98 said:
Well if you dont, then the magazine data does not apply to you or me. You'll be mumbling under your breath " well the magazine said we are even " as the EVO/STI pull away :biggrin: /QUOTE]

Well, when my car is done next week it should have around 400rwhp and with short gears/4.55... I am not too worried about the EVO's and STI's. :biggrin:

um.... maybe i need to put in a SC and see for myself.

Im kinda of holding out for a twin turbo setup. Im learning more about that kind of stuff and hope to build my own kit in the next year or so.

Im never a big fan of SC. Just cant get past the concept of using power to make power.

400hp? what are you getting done...? or are you just blowing smoke up my bum? :biggrin:

ok never mind. I just read your specs. Looks promising. BTW what are you running for fuel management? I didnt see anything on that in your specs. AEM, apexi afc2, hks?

I got a Apexi AFC and a AFC 2 laying around :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by RON98
lol

just cause we put down $ on a 80K MSRP car does not mean its worth the 80K in performance.

You had me convinced until you wrote that. Besides that few on here have a new NSX and fewer of those paid your quoted $80 k, most dont consider performance purely on how many horses are under your hood, or our hatch. Its always funny to me how most(present company not included) knock the NSX because of cost or its so called aged looks, then in the same breath they compare whichever car is in their garage to the NSX. If you dont belieive me, troll the Ferrari,Lambo or Porsche boards.

Im not knocking anything. Dont get all bent. If i wanted to knock the nsx i would not have 2 NSX sleeping in my garage. Just that many of us think the NSX is all that and a bag of chips in performance cause we forked out the big bucks. My croch acceleratormeter and my optical evo/sti pulling a head of me meter states that the NSX is slower then both these cars.

How would you define performance? Most magazines define it by 0-60. Car is great on the track and handling is great and i know this, but the tread is about how Mr. Bridgewater acura was out dragged by a supra. not how the supra out cornered him :biggrin:

As for the looks... nothing on this car is aged. When i drive the nSX i cant believe that they made this car in the early 90's... my god... people where driving ugly ugly cars back then and there was this :eek:

I would go knock the prosche board but im too lazy to sign up. I went to test drive a boxster i wanted to buy yesterday and was not impressed at all.

RON98 said:
ok never mind. I just read your specs. Looks promising. BTW what are you running for fuel management? I didnt see anything on that in your specs. AEM, apexi afc2, hks?

I got a Apexi AFC and a AFC 2 laying around :(

I broke down and got the AEM. Now If only I could convince armando to send me his map. :biggrin:

RON98 said:
Im not knocking anything. Dont get all bent.

I'm the last guy that gets"BENT" on here, I usually do the bending. I made the comment and omited "present company". So read carefully before you pull the trigger next time.

Armando

NetViper said:
I broke down and got the AEM. Now If only I could convince armando to send me his map. :biggrin:

Add the methanol injection and it might work for you. Of course I would have to get the OK from AndyV. :)

Armando

hi Armando.

Im a total idiot, my apologies. im fingers are fat and lodged in between the trigger and the trigger guard.... i went back to re-read it and was still kind of confused. :frown:

AEM is what i would go with also. Can you self tune it with the AEM hooked up to a lap top and a A/F guage?

btw the 80K was suppose to be sarcasim, thats why i put in the MSRP... i hope no one ever pays MSRP when buying a new car. The dealers would have just taken you for a ride for 15% of the cost of car :tongue:

RON98 said:
hi Armando.

Im a total idiot, my apologies. im fingers are fat and lodged in between the trigger and the trigger guard.... i went back to re-read it and was still kind of confused. :frown:

My skin is thick no worries 3 days of rowing to the US will do that for you, and confusion is a major part or car fanatism........

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Add the methanol injection and it might work for you. Of course I would have to get the OK from AndyV. :)

Armando

I don't think Andy would mind. He PM'd me and told me the get the AEM. :)

As for the menthanol injection. I would have to tweak the map anyway because of the low compression, but I think your map would be a mightly fine starting point, no?

NetViper said:
I don't think Andy would mind. He PM'd me and told me the get the AEM. :)

As for the menthanol injection. I would have to tweak the map anyway because of the low compression, but I think your map would be a mightly fine starting point, no?

Sure, just release me from any and all liability as I dont want to be PMed to death...................... I will download the map this weekend.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Sure, just release me from any and all liability as I dont want to be PMed to death...................... I will download the map this weekend.

Armando

Thanks man. You are released! :) If you want something formal, I can fax you something. How large are the maps?

RON98 said:
lol :)

We can dance around this all day with statistics and what not. I drive both and the Supra puts the NSX to shame in terms of pure pull.

Also my supra puts to shame any stock EVO/STI... my nsx cant :D

Obviously you think performance only refers to 1/4 mile straight line acceleration.
You wasted whatever you spent on the NSX.
IT IS NOT a 1/4 car.
Go buy yourself a $1000 mustang or whatever, dump another 2K into it and that piece of crap mustang with give you "80K in performance"
The Supra isnt a bad car, it is nice for what it is, but when you talk of true performance it is not even close to the NSX.
So I guess by the same token a modded Supra will outperform an Enzo, or any other super exotic, right?????????? :confused: ,

has already been address.

I have the supra for the 1/4 mile and the 2 NSX for looks.

I already know its not a 1/4 mile car. If i wanted a 1/4 mile car i would have sold these 2 long time ago.

I already clearly stated i didnt get the the the nsx for 1/4 performance but many other people who get the car expect it to be a 1/4 mile performer .... eeesh.... thanks for stating the obivious point i was making again. :rolleyes:

except with the crappy 1000$ ford example.

This thread is about a drag pull, not about lateral G forces or taking corners. please read the first post.

no you guesssed wrong. By the same token a modded supra can not outperform a enzo.... but going fast is about $. How much do you want to spend?

I too have both a nsx and BPU supra. The Supra would win hands down on 3rd gear. Doesn't matter if the nsx is CTSC.

Not only the Supra is pushing (400hp BPU), but don't forget there is also torque close to those numbers hence 3rd gear. Supra 3600 pounds.
Danny

isellpower said:
The NSX is timeless and the Souprah is getting tired.

SUPRA! Come on, lets get serious :wink:

Edgemts said:
The Supra isnt a bad car, it is nice for what it is, but when you talk of true performance it is not even close to the NSX.

What's true performance to you....cornering and handling? I'm staring at an older issue of motor trend where the Supra, RX7, VR4 and NSX were compared. The Supra nearly swept every category except for top speed (which the NSX won). Now this was an older issue (3.0 liter, 5-speed NSX) but I do have a Road&Track from 97 where the Supra was a few ticks faster on Buttonwillow.

isellpower said:
Souprah's are a distant second now a days.

The NSX is timeless and the Souprah is getting tired.

Are you serious? Have you seen the Supras resale values over the last 5 years? It's insane...Very low mileage 97-98's are selling for close to (or more in some cases) than what they sold for BRAND NEW. Since this was a thread started about drag racing, there are many, many streetable Supras in the low 10's high 9's. Waaaaay too easy to make big power from. Yes I have a Supra but I'm looking to own both cars and that's why I'm here. Not at all knocking the NSX, I think they look uber sexy.

SupraSonic said:
Anything can happen on the street. So there is truth on both sides. You can have tons of power, but if you a miss a shift or do something stupid and you lose. . .guess what - YOU STILL LOSE!

Word!!!
driving.gif

Too bad most of the Superas in Cali are Auto, and very few Turbo, when my little Borther bought his back in 1998, the dealership told him the Turbo Supras had problem passing Calfironia emission, is that true? He had to settle with a NA Auto.

I also understand that Toyota sold less Supras (the last generation) than the NSX, world wide.

I dorved his car on many occasions, felt very fast even with NA. I don't however, like to look over the dash, it was high, and the targa took me 10 minutes to remove.

its crap about smog. My car passes no problems.... well acturally it was on the line... like 84 to pass and 85 would have failed and i got 84 :p but that was with out tweaking the engine and any special prep work i would usually do. So with some prep and tweaking it will pass no problem.

If you take care of the supra, you wont have any emmission problems.

Also guess what? 97-98 Twin turbo 6 speed with about 60K... guess what the resale value is?!

Yes 110% of MSRP price.... dont think a NSX can touch that.

Anyways, people are stubid. Some people buying 97-98s for 40-43K.... i think 40K was when it was brand spanking new..... back in the days.... but 40K in 98 was worth a lot more... NON the less, great resale value!

Vandetta, put it down the way it is!

As for the miss shifting and what not.... thats for idiot drivers. Idiot drivers not apply here, we are just talking pure giddy up and go.

The supra NA was slllooooowwww.... i had a Black 95 the same time I had my Red TT.... and there is no comparison. I didnt drive it more then 200 miles for the 5 month i owned it. Sold it quick cause the NA was slow.

NSX pushes you against the seats while the Supra PINS you there. :biggrin:

rk-nsx said:
RON98

a stock supra will dyno 265-280 rwhp. 3515 lbs curb weight. 13.1 @108 best 1/4 mile recorded by a reputable source (car and driver). lightly modded nsx mine with just i/h/e 272 rwhp uncorrected on a 80 degree day. 3050 lbs. this is +20 rwhp and -100lbs better than stock. car and driver recorded a 12.9 1/4 mile for a stock 2001. your pink slip may not be as safe as you assume.

Seriously, though...in which state are titles actually pink? I'm looking at my titles right now and all are this ugly brown color, lol.

MiamieNeSeX said:

Armando

Where is the love for the guys who can actually afford to buy a new one, get tired of it and sell it so that others can have them for less. Please stop bashing folks for buying new as if we were suckers. Someone bought your car new once, and I am sure they knew what they were doing and why. I do not consider myself a fool for buying a new one nor do I feel ripped off. But stop trying to defend the value of an NSX by saying you did not pay full price that does not make it any better for the breed. The NSX has been special from its first day and always will be no matter what year you own or what you paid....Thanks.....Steve

Back