• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Current Nsx's for sale.Why arent they selling?

He wants 35k for his mint Red 91 with no mods, except 95 wheels.
If you want his number or email, I'll get it for ya.
Trev

Pat D

You are in Edmonton.

A number of Edmonton owners are trying to point you to a mint Canadian 91 with an asking price of $35 K CDN.
If you are a serious buyer you would check this car out as you won't find any better.

Perhaps you are not really a buyer and are more interested in advising other owners how overpriced their cars are and how you will keep your money in your bank until you can find some super duper deal rather than seeking a quality used NSX.

I'd suggest you search the US and pick up a 91/92 for $20-25K. Then pay the shipping costs back, get the border papers sorted out, pay the GST, get it inspected at Can Tire, spend 10 K + in repairs and maintenance and you'll have your deal.

Then when you are an owner and you go to sell it down the road you get to listen to someone just like yourself tell you your car is overpriced, a US model etc etc.

Good luck

Jim

Sorry just got back from a golf trip to BC interior.Nice roads.Missed what has been happening.Getting together on Sunday to look at a individuals Nsx with the misses.(not for sale)Earlier models weren't on the list for us but saying that i know very little about them.(3 litre etc)Just going to explore all options and see what the wife thinks.Probably came across as a $%^$# head upon re reading post.Been working way to much and trying to organize a group golf in Invermere,helping a buddy redo front steps and the list goes on.Finished reading post about how prices are going to continue to rise /Due to demand(new NSX)anyway sorry.Did see one south of Red Deer at 8.10 pm on Wed.Nice to see when cars are out.

Last edited:
the 04 imola salvage/rebuilt in pickering with about 50,000km went for a good deal. the pricing was liek 43->39->37->low 30s which it sold for after about 2 years i believe.

30k for an early 90s nsx with 160,000 km doesnt make sense. there are tons of other earlies 90s nsx unbranded with half the milage going for the same price. the price will be corrected.

This is why they arn't selling who wants to pay 30k for a salvage title.

People are crazy with their pricing.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162805

Re: Current Nsx's for sale. Why arent they selling?

imo if anything doesnt sell; its overpriced.

this goes for cars, condos, homes, education practically anything.

the problem is that accurate 'pricing' or fair market value is determined by many many many factors. supply/demand, affordability, marketing etc etc etc. hence sometimes fmv for rare items is hard to determine.

one of the biggest problems for the cdn nsx market is that we are so close to the USA. so when price comparing its immediately apparent that cdn nsx's can cost on average more then 15-40% more then their us counterparts. of course this explain why there are so many nsx's sold in canada that come from the states.

the fact that for about 95% of nsx owners or those looking for an nsx/911 etc etc... the exotic sports car is normally a frivolous item that is either the 2nd if not 3rd, 4th, 5th ... car in the house hold. so the demand to purchase the car at top dollar for urgent day-to-day transportation simply doesn't exist for many (unless they are are collectors looking for MINT < 1000 km vehicle).

and of cousre, for 99.999% of us whom drive our cars, they will simply ALWAYS go down in value.

imo money in my pocket (or money in anyones pocket for that matter) is always better then money into a depreciating asset.

the other thing ive noticed is nsx price ranges. nsx pricing for my rationale (like a few others ive read on this forum) is simple. if its within a certain price range for what im looking for i'll go for it. if it exceeds that amount and hits 997 991 territory; then i would likely go for a much newer/updated vehicle instead. that doenst mean i love the nsx any less; its just that for the money there are so many other newer, very attractive options.

this has held true for alot of my once die hard nsx fans that by the time they had 50-60k comfortably ready to purchase a newer NA2; all of them opted out and purchased much much newer cars instead as they felt that the for the money, they could get something that has more power, newer etc etc etc (typical modern day sports car arguments)

all imho of course.

Last edited:
Back