• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

current status on BBSC

Originally posted by grippgoat:
One other question that just popped into my head, along the same lines as the one about about whether the fuel system will still allow un-boosted running in the event of belt removal...

Will the chip still be tolerant to things like a variety of intakes, headers, and exhausts? I'm guessing it will be, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask...

-Mike

Mike, Good question. The system is SO tuned to my SC that it is a different fuel system part umber for stock exhaust vs headers and exhasut. We do account for the difference in fuel rquirements based on back pressure as well as all other parameters.
As to the other question, yes- you can still drive the car without boost, as in loosing the belt or for some other reason installing the stock alternator belt to bypass the blower. The system runs on all motor same as it runs at cruise. It is NOT optimal, but it will certainly get you home and then some, unlike some other SC kits where you have to get towed home if the SC has to be disabled or the SC belt breaks.

Mark

Originally posted by NSXTech:

<snip>

VERY observant of Hrant to notice- the oil cap is partly obstructed by the drive unit, but is still usable. We did ........

<snip>

Did you guys read that? I got credit for something after all
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Great post Mark, and let's keep the humor in these exchanges, please
biggrin.gif

It will be available for test drives at NSteXpo on 4/11 and 4/12.

Besides His Boostness having to defending himself from the naysayers, he even throws in a little enticement.
biggrin.gif

Well since it looks like the cat is out of the bag. We at Factor X Motorsports would like to clarify some of the issues that have been posted on these fine forums. As everyone already knows we were selected by Basch Acura to handle fueling of the BBSC. When asked to take on this task we were honored to work with a man of his reputation who shares our same devotion to customer service, high quality work, and integrity. We presented him with several solutions to fueling the BBSC. The most elegent, reliable, and effective being the solution selected. This solution took the combined effort of Factor X Motorsports and the "Other Company" to complete the fueling. The "Other Company" is a reputable source and we have enjoyed our long standing relationship with them. The solution involved re-mapping the factory ECU, adding larger injectors, and applying an FPR. There were three steps we had to take in order to achieve these goals in a timely manner. Part one

1) We needed to Co-develop the software necessary to modify the ECU maps. Since no one has attemped this before with the NSX, we had to start from scratch. This process was very complex and took the combined efforts of the "Other Company" involved and two of our own software engineers. We must say that without the "Other Company's" experience in gaining access, and permitting modification of factory ECUs, this step of the project would not have been completed in a timely manner.

2) Once the software was complete, the ball was in our court to come up with a fuel map, the right amount of fuel needed, the method in which to deliver the fuel, the manipulation of the ignition tables, and all while taking into consideration all of the varying conditions (abuse
smile.gif
9lb. are you listening) that these vehicles will be subjected to and the goals of the BBSC.

Just a guess, but this "other company" wouldn't happen to be Hondata would it?
smile.gif

Originally posted by Factor X Motorsports:
1) We needed to Co-develop the software necessary to modify the ECU maps. Since no one has attemped this before with the NSX, we had to start from scratch. This process was very complex and took the combined efforts of the "Other Company" involved and two of our own software engineers. We must say that without the "Other Company's" experience in gaining access, and permitting modification of factory ECUs, this step of the project would not have been completed in a timely manner.

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 26 March 2002).]

3) After the hard/soft parts were determined our tuners began doing what they do best. As Mark had stated we did over 60 pulls in three nights on our in house dyno and have been driving it on the street and track for the past month. Btw, we were the crazy guys at the Camarillo AutoX doing high speed runs, donuts, burnouts, power slides, and hot lapping. All for testing sake of course
smile.gif

Since we have not formally introduced ourselves to the community, we would like to take this opportunity to share our background, experiences, and history of Factor X Motorsports. Factor X Motorsports was founded by 4 members, each possessing complimentary skills. Both Sam and Ken came from a software development background and have founded and sold two such firms. Jon and Mike have been in the automotive industry their entire lives.

Jon helped start JUN USA, worked for Porsche, and has worked with Acura since the birth of the NSX. (He was lucky enough to drive the NSX before they were released in the states.) Mike began his career, as a manager at a speed shop in Hawaii, then worked at Honda in PHX as a parts guy during the day and engine builder/Honda tech training school student at night. In addition, he also worked with Jon at JUN USA. From there he underwent the tutelage under one of the top tuners in the nation, worked for Area 51 Fabrications, and recieved Motec and Pectel Fuel Management training. The team also consists of two software/mechanical engineers both accomplished and well respected in their fields. With the eminent merger of technology/computers and automobiles we believe we have a well balanced team for the future of the automotive industry.

To call us heroes of the fuel system is a bit overdone, but appreciated. This is what we do for a living, and have been doing it for quite sometime. To Mike and Jon's credit they have built and tuned the Nation's fastest Lexus 1400hp, built and tuned the Nation's fastest Civic 187mph (200+ on the way), won the Battle of the Imports, Won the Honda Civic Si Challenge, converted Hondas to the SCORE/SNORE class 10 division, and built and tuned the RGI 2.2 liter Supercharged 800+fwhp. There are also numerous other projects that have not been mentioned but we are equally as proud of those also. Above all we are die hard NSX enthusiasts that share the same passion for performance without compromise.

Speed Safely,

Factor X Motorsports www.factorxmotorsports.com

So in the end it sounds like larger injectors will be necessary with the BBSC, as was proposed by others previously. (There was all that esoteric (to me) techno talk.) I don't care either way. Whatever works best.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

Ha! And to think everyone blasted me about my previous comments about needing larger injectors.
In the end, that is what they used. Its amazing how people to come to a quick conclusion about something so new and untested only to be wrong.

Originally posted by NSXY:
So in the end it sounds like larger injectors will be necessary with the BBSC, as was proposed by others previously. (There was all that esoteric (to me) techno talk.) I don't care either way. Whatever works best.

Actually Alex, the stock fuel injectors were sufficient for the mechanical fuel regulation system that Mark created as a beta system. This system is what I have on my car now. The injectors were added along with the electronic fuel system, which is completely different than the system you knew about previously. I don't think anyone was "wrong" as you suggest.

Regards,
-- Chris

Originally posted by 19inchNSX:
Ha! And to think everyone blasted me about my previous comments about needing larger injectors.
In the end, that is what they used. Its amazing how people to come to a quick conclusion about something so new and untested only to be wrong.

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

Jon helped start JUN USA, worked for Porsche, and has worked with Acura since the birth of the NSX. (He was lucky enough to drive the NSX before they were released in the states.) Mike began his career, as a manager at a speed shop in Hawaii, then worked at Honda in PHX as a parts guy during the day and engine builder/Honda tech training school student at night. In addition, he also worked with Jon at JUN USA. From there he underwent the tutelage under one of the top tuners in the nation, worked for Area 51 Fabrications, and recieved Motec and Pectel Fuel Management training. The team also consists of two software/mechanical engineers both accomplished and well respected in their fields. With the eminent merger of technology/computers and automobiles we believe we have a well balanced team for the future of the automotive industry.

God I love Politics..... Yes it is "hondata" how do I know this, because its makes sense and it is true. Just like, the injectors are to small and the fuel pressure is to high....amazing how one post will validate someone after months of bu**s*itt. Amazing how this community strung me up for saying "Its not making sense" and now here we are using fully programable fuel management, Larger injectors and near factory fuel pressures. Oh well..... I feel better
biggrin.gif

So are you staying with the beta system or "upgrading" to the new system with the larger injectors?

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
Actually Alex, the stock fuel injectors were sufficient for the mechanical fuel regulation system that Mark created as a beta system. This system is what I have on my car now. The injectors were added along with the electronic fuel system, which is completely different than the system you knew about previously. I don't think anyone was "wrong" as you suggest.

Regards,
-- Chris

I too have a pretty good idea who "the other company" is, but had the good taste not to post it since they clearly wanted that one tiny piece witheld for a day or two. I know it's "natural" to want to guess, but so is the urge to take a shit from time to time. I trust that you guys have a little more control over that.
frown.gif

Originally posted by 4g62bt2c30a:
God I love Politics..... Yes it is "hondata" how do I know this, because its makes sense and it is true. Just like, the injectors are to small and the fuel pressure is to high....amazing how one post will validate someone after months of bu**s*itt. Amazing how this community strung me up for saying "Its not making sense" and now here we are using fully programable fuel management, Larger injectors and near factory fuel pressures. Oh well..... I feel better
biggrin.gif

There was nothing we could have said or done...basch could have said he was using smaller injectors and im sure there would still be people on the purchase list. I don't think we need the 'I told you's' but hopefully everyone has learned something....Maybe our pestering helped them make the right decisions...I'm glad there was a revision. If it is a hondata system it will work well. I've had my hondata for close to 2 years already..first boosted user in the us. (NOT an nsx)

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.

[This message has been edited by true (edited 26 March 2002).]

Yeah baby! loud and clear!!
smile.gif
LOL!

I will be more than happy to subject the 9 PSI BBSC setup to some "varying conditions"
wink.gif

2) ...while taking into consideration all of the varying conditions (abuse
smile.gif
9lb. are you listening) that these vehicles will be subjected to and the goals of the BBSC.

Geeeeeeee Whizzzzzzzzzzz . . .

After all this talk I'm getting bored with my stock motor . . I should get something kool done to it to keep up with all you Jonessssss!

Back