• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dali / basch supercharger

Gerry had his car at NSXPO '99 and it was pretty darn impressive!

Nothing against the BaschBoost SC. That dyno chart is pretty darn impressive, too!

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 28 October 2001).]

Gerry is using 8 psi, and if I'm not mistaken the BaschBoost numbers are based on 5 psi??? Would there be a significant change in engine or SC realiability if Mark's system was tuned to a higher psi setting and is there any performance data showing the TQ or HP results?

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
Actually, you bring up a good point regarding removing the supercharger belt. The nice thing about the BaschBoost is that one can quickly remove the supercharger belt and replace the factory belt. However, it is my understanding that in California, the car must pass a 'visual' inspection as well.

-- Chris

You are correct, it must pass a visual in CA. However, most smog techs have no idea what the NSX engine should look like. As long as the smog equipment is still installed and it will pass the sniff test, everything probably will be fine.

[This message has been edited by ewarman (edited 28 October 2001).]

Originally posted by ewarman:
However, most smog techs have no idea what the NSX engine should look like. As long as the smog equipment is still installed and it will pass the sniff test, everything probably will be fine.

Just disregard that big "SUPERCHARGED BY BASCH" which is engraved on the unit. :)

EDR

I'm not sure that the decal ploy will take care of that, but we are going to apply for CARB certification.

There have been a few questions regarding updates on the Basch Boost SC Kit availability and etc. See below and feel free to e-mail me with any questions that you might have.

re: the SC's at NSXPO:

yes, the coupler from the pulley driveshaft to the Paxton SC driveshaft was not holding so it was disconnected at the track sessions at RA. We have a new one (Thanks to "fast" Ed Klemez <g>) that has held up for 2,200+ hard testing miles [post NSXPO] so far and shows no sign of wear or fatigue. We will be taking 3 or 4 beta kit Basch Boost installs to the Bragg-Smith test track in Pahrump NV for 8 hours of Enduro style track testing on November 15th. Anyone that wants a test ride, or has another brand SC that they want to see how it stacks up against the BB in real life on the track - feel free to drop in:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/info/events/track_11_15_01/index.cfm

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Back