• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali: Basic Test Pipes: 1995-99 [pair]

Hi everyone,
I plan to purchase this item from Dali Racing. Had or has anyone has experience with this Basic Test Pipes? Is there any other company that sale this item?

Thanks for reading :smile:

Attachments

• basictestpipes.jpg
    basictestpipes.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 36
mine is a 91, I just put the test pipe in it and I had the car on the track on Wednesday... The test pipe not only sound nice, it also help a little bit at the high rpm.

I guess it all depends on what you want. I'd only gut out the cat if I want the catylitic converter "look." In CA, it's a felony to drive without a cat. I'm sure it's like that in other states too. If you don't care about the "look," then get the test pipes. If you want performance and "legality" then get a high flow cat. Performance wise, I pretty sure the test pipe is better, it just stinks like octane everywhere.

My Dali test pipes are working just fine.. sound clips will be on prime soon.

I assume you just had it on your NSX. Guys, how bad is the smell? Will I get use to the smell over time? I kinda worry about the stink :biggrin:

Last edited:
Guys, how bad is the smell? I kinda worry about the stink

Like the smell of dirty burnt octane (tastes like burning). It's a very distinct smell. The only times you should smell it is when you're upwind to a stop, when you're behind someone with test pipes, or when you're in the garage huffin it up. But seriously, it's not too bad, just noticeable to 5-0. With the way things are now a days, I think cops are more educated on things like this, so I wouldn't chance it, unless you're in a state that doesn't care about cats. Just my $0.02.

Like the smell of dirty burnt octane (tastes like burning). It's a very distinct smell. The only times you should smell it is when you're upwind to a stop, when you're behind someone with test pipes, or when you're in the garage huffin it up. But seriously, it's not too bad, just noticeable to 5-0. With the way things are now a days, I think cops are more educated on things like this, so I wouldn't chance it, unless you're in a state that doesn't care about cats. Just my $0.02.

I ran test pipes on my sti and evo and never had any problems from police, even though I was stopped numerous times without cats. I figure the most likely ticket is going to be for modified emissions which is the same you get for having any non carb legal part. In that case I would either have to pay the fine or put on my stock cats and take the car to the referee. Since i'm 100% legal otherwise it doesn't worry that much. Also im guessing most police have no idea where the cats would be on an nsx anyways. I am putting on dali test pipes tomorrow and im excited to see what the difference is in sound and power with my comptech headers and exhaust.

Back