• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Damaged 1991 Silver NSX VIN - JH4NA1151MT001566, low miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damaged 1991 Silver NSX VIN - JH4NA1151MT001566, low miles

I have a 1991 silver NSX with only 58,800 original miles. It has the 5 speed transaxle number J4A4-1002176 which is not in the snap ring failure range. I’ve installed OEM keyless entry, overhauled all the Bose speakers and both window regulators and recently replaced the battery. The water pump/hose recall work has been performed. The a/c evaporator was replaced several years ago and the a/c has been working fine until a few months ago when the a/c started to blow less cold. There is probably a slow leak in the system that I have not had a chance to address yet, because on 8/14/04, I was hit in the rear bumper and pushed under an SUV in front of me. Except for the accident damage, the car is in outstanding condition, drives and handles perfectly and I continue to use it and drive it everywhere. The front end damage seems limited to scuffing of the right fender, bumper, wheel, headlight cover and a bit of the hood, and light dimpling of the top of the fender and seems to be easily repairable. The rear is pushed in a bit on the right side, but would be more expensive to fix since the right inner panel of the trunk and floor of the trunk started to crumple a bit. The right rear quarter panel is buckled, but there does not appear to be damage in the door area. From what I can see, the damage appears to be cosmetic and does not seem to affect the functioning of the car. Even all the lights and the trunk lock work fine! This car seems perfect for (1) someone who was handy enough to do the repairs, (2) to set up for track use, (3) to drive as is or (4) for parts. This car has always been babied. The car is in Southern CA, near LA. I have a clear title and am looking to get $20,000 for the car, as is. Let me know if this interests you.

Thanks,
Mike

A question arose asking if this was the same car that was listed for $17,500 over a month ago and why it is offered at $20,000 now. Following is the reason:

In settling my insurance claim, my insurance company convinced me that the damage was less than I had originally anticipated. Consequently, they paid me less than I had originally expected and saw fit to settle the claim without totalling the car and requiring a salvage title. This car has a clean title which I was not sure of when I originally posted the car. After about a month of negotiation, the original buyer, living in Dallas, decided to pass on the car since inspection was too inconvenient for him to carry out. He did not want to buy the car sight unseen. Due to the demand for the car and learning in the process that he would get a clean title, he was going to pay $18,000 and ship the car to Dallas. When he decided he did not want the car, I figured it was worth at least what he would have paid plus shipping, if bought by someone local. Then when you add in the fact that the insurance experts said the car was in better shape than I thought and the car had a clean title, the $20,000 value seemed more appropriate. At $20,000 I have several people interested, which suggests that price is still not too high. In conclusion, I priced it too low initially, but everyone, who contacted me initially, withdrew when the original buyer posted that he bought the car, and even that guy (from Dallas) backed out. In reposting, I priced it based on the additional and better information I had at the time.

I have requested your contact info several times and yet received a response. I am interested in the car if this is still available. Please email me a contact # at [email protected] . I am located in CA also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back