• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dan's NSX build

This is my first post as a Prime member, I've owned this car for about 4 years now, needed a clutch when I bought it, installed RPS billet single plate clutch and flywheel, subsequently replaced slave and master cylinders after blowing out the seals (it is a '91 after all) More recently had the timing belt/water pump done, sealed up some leaks (valve covers, oil pan, oil cooler, just little stuff) and refinished some engine bits (re-wrinkle coated valve covers etc.). Waiting on tires right now, Potenza RE-11's (can't afford wheels this year) but I've grown to love the stock 5 spokes, probably out of financial necessity.:smile: Check below for pics...

This is the "Before" photo... Awful red rattle can on the manifold cover and strut tower bar, yellowish-white stained coolant tank, chipping and flaking valve covers, just plain worn out looking.

4522690751_dff31c5c65_b.jpg

Now new laser platinum plugs, water pump, timing belt, new wrinkle coating on valve covers - manifold cover - coolant tank - injector covers, polished alternator, re-painted manifold cover plate and strut bar.

4523325474_828136d69d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good !

Yep, spur of the monent thing. Took a big gulp and walked the altenator over to the ol' wire wheel and hoped for the best. I figured worst case I'd screw it up and force myself to buy a shiny new one. :smile:

Back