• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dark JDM tail lights

What's your stand on Dark JDM tail lights

• Total voters
Well Chris @ SOS has done it again. :smile:
I just got my new JDM dark tail lights installed and I love them.
I have never been disappointed by the guys at SOS.
Thanks again.

On a red car, with a PROCAR NSX-R spoiler they complement each other very well.
Even with out the NSX-R spoiler I like them over the USDM tail lights.
So here is the question.

I'll add to your praise of SOS. I just got my dark taillights, but there were 2 left ones and no right one. The part numbers were correct, apparently Honda mispacked them. Chris at SOS worked with me and they sent me the right one that they had just installed on one of their cars. Can't get much better than that. :biggrin:

BTW, what was your question? :smile:

I think they are OK but Id rather have the 2002 and up tail lights instead:wink:

|Adeel said:
I want to see it too! (It's in my future plans :D)

Check out Malibu Rapper's gallery

White94 said:
Check out Malibu Rapper's gallery

I think they look good on all colors. I didn't go for the 02s because I don't like orange, just personal preference.

9919hbwheels-2-crop.jpg

Just a few to show contrast against stock.

cruisin-1.jpg

crystalcove.JPG

attachment.php

Here is a pic (although not a very good one, poor lighting) of the JDM tail lights on a Sebring Silver NSX.

79293NSX121605.jpg

Mike

Great, now i think i want some. Can you remove the "H" from the center taillight same as others and repalce with the "A" on the outside?

Anyone got a pic of that on a black car?

Malibu Rapper said:
I think they look good on all colors. I didn't go for the 02s because I don't like orange, just personal preference.

9919hbwheels-2-crop.jpg

Just a few to show contrast against stock.

cruisin-1.jpg

crystalcove.JPG

attachment.php

holy crap!! I wanna live in THAT neighborhood :biggrin:

I don't have the JDM dark tail lights, but I did get Bat's tail light smoke overlays, which are very similar. I LOVE the results; they especially look good on a black car. I think the darkened tail lights, with tinted windows, with black wheels with polished lip on a black car would look HAWT!!

I would highly consider going with the overlays for severals reasons:
1) They look nearly identical to the JDM dark tail lights
2) They are much, much, much cheaper
3) They don't have the Honda symbol in the back and nearly black out the Acura text on the center piece
4) If you don't like them or trends change, they are very easy to remove.
Here is a picture of mine. This is in direct (Vegas) sunlight. Usually they aren't so smoky; more "blacker".

12272darktail_014-med.jpg

Lighting has a big effect on how these look. I just put mine in about a month ago...hard to tell their smoked in this picture, unless you compare them to the Mini next to it.

13146rides3.jpg

I would polish out letters,and paint candy apple black.Looks same as JDM.
cost less.:smile:

When I first voted on this topic, my response was "I like them and I want them." Today, my vote would have been "I like them and I have them." :biggrin:

Here are some pics of the JDM tail lens on a Brooklands Green NSX. :smile:

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

Stock:
11052IMG_0045a.JPG

Back