• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC & RM combo anyone.

Is there anyone out there running with the DC Headers and the RM cat back? If so i would love to hear your thoughts on these two i currently have just the RM cat back and need to get the Headers. There is a good selection out there but the DCs are the best price but are they worth it.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I have the DC Sports Headers and the RM WIde Oval exhaust. I have not heard another setup yet that I like as much. It is intoxicating at WOT. It is quite a bit of competition for the stereo but, the motor music is lovely.

[This message has been edited by pbassjo (edited 30 January 2002).]

Im thinking of getting the DC Sports headers, but Im looking for an exhaust that when at cruising speeds, or city driving, the noise is pretty subdued or quiet, but once you put the pedal to the metal, the exhaust note intensifies, yet still not too loud. Also want a more high pitched exhaust note. From what Im hearing, and reading from the FAQ's the RM exhaust is pretty loud indeed! Is the Taitec GT Competition Exhaust from SoS be something Im looking for, something quiet at idle and city driving, but louder (not too loud though) when flooring it?

How loud is the RM exhaust compared to the GT Competition exhaust?

Redeye....Looks like I am facing the same dilemma. I plan to install the DC Headers but still considering the exhaust options. Like yourself, I am not really looking for something excessivly loud. The Taitec GT Competion Exhaust is what I am favoring right now. Can anyone familiar with the Taitec GT Competition give me their feedback on this exhaust...I am looking more for a balance in tone, not loudness. Appreciate any comments!

------------------
Chris
91 NSX

I,m quite pleased with DC header and exhaust. Sounds great from outside but comfortable inside.

I really like my DC sport headers. I have had them on for a month or so and no problems. I am running the Taitec center exit exhaust and Taitec cat pipes. Of course is extremely loud but the quality of the Taitec parts is top notch. I have no experience with the Taitec GT exhaust but I am sure that it is a nice piece. Just email Chris at SOS he will tell you everything that you need to know about the GT exhaust.

Originally posted by Redeye:
Im thinking of getting the DC Sports headers, but Im looking for an exhaust that when at cruising speeds, or city driving, the noise is pretty subdued or quiet, but once you put the pedal to the metal, the exhaust note intensifies, yet still not too loud. Also want a more high pitched exhaust note.

What your describing is the new "Anytime Racing" exhaust. I've had the first test unit on my car for about two months with perfect results(with and without supercharger) and will be installing the first production unit this weekend...I hope
wink.gif

The fitment of the duel tips in the OEM rear valance is first class. One of the first things I noticed is that the sound at freeway crusing speeds is almost stock as heard from in the cabin, but under hard acceleration it has a beautiful high pitched "growl"

Stay tuned!

Keep me posted on this "Anytime Racing" Exhaust. I want to take alook at it, and the pricing as well. ive always wanted adual tip exhaust, but could never find one that gives a high-pitched, low volume at idle or cruising, but loud (but not too loud)exhaust when flooring it.

Any websites for more info on this?

Originally posted by Craig:

Stay tuned!

[/B]

Well for how much longer ....... :-(

Craig and John, check the tips of the Tubi at:
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000158.html

I think those tips are just gorgeous (especially if they can be another 1" longer too), and you can wrap the "anytime" ones in black stockings, that is ok with us too ........ LOL!

Any dyno results yet .... or it all going to be part of the headers as well ........?

I guess the other question I have Guys is the newer DC Header the same design as the older one. I thought I saw a post sometime ago that the DCs did not have a flex flange or something like that and had a tendency to crack or break over a period of time.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

As I said, I should have the first of the production units tomorrow and will install it on Saturday. Although I shouldn't speak for John, I believe the rest of the finished units are only weeks away. Contact John for any information as this is his project, I'm only the test rat. [email protected]

As far as the duel tips on the Tubi, the Anytime tips are almost identical and fit inside the rear valance perfectly.

I am still here, just reading more than posting. Yes the website(crude at that) is www.anytimeracing.com and the exhaust is taking 10 TIMES longer than what was supposed to happen and my patience has been to the test. I apologize to anyone who has been waiting for the exhaust and the dyno results, VERY SORRY!!! I should have waited before I let the cat out of the bag, but I was too excited about it. I do have in hand the dyno results. The test car has 94k miles and no mods. A perfect tester with higher miles and had an excellent response to the catback. I will post the actual test sheets later today on the website and link it to this page. The Horsepower numbers stock are 222.5hp @7200 rpms and with catback was 235.4hp @ 7200 rpms. Torque stock was at 169.9ft-lbs @ 6800 rpms and with catback was 177.6ft-lbs @ 6800rpms. That's a total gain of approximately 13hp and 11ft-lbs of torque to the rear wheels! This was done with a early test exhaust and production units will have more flow and will be dyno'ed(sp?) again for exact gains. Future dyno runs will be made with a CTSC car next and a 11 lb. supercharged (mystery maker) NSX. More to follow........

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 01 February 2002).]

Hey Everyone.

I recently visited the Anytime Racing website, they got the dyno results of their exhaust up. Its all looking pretty good! Those sort of gains with just an exhaust is very encouraging indeed!

Here is my impression of the two products if anyone cares:

1. RM Racing (B&B Tri-Flo). I've owned this in the past. The quality is very poor, however, the exhaust does have a very unique beefy sound to it. If you're into beefy sounding exhausts, the Anytime Racing is a good candidate, or the ARC Titanium has a similar beefy sound, but is much better tuned. The RM exhaust also sounds quite untuned which results in resonance in the cabin at speed. If you care more about this or want to know more impressions, private me.

2. DC Sports header. For the price, it is pretty good. However, it is not perfect. DC Sports has always had the same two designs for 1991-1994 and 1995-1996. In the 1995, Honda changes to a ball joint at the header/manifold collector and cat converter. DC Sports 1995-1996 header uses this design, and it works out great. The 1991-1994's however have a weakness in that the DC Sports design uses an accordian joint which has been known to crack on cars creating a lot of heat. While this is covered under warranty if it happens in the warranty period, it is something to consider. The Comptech and Fujitsubo design, on the other hand, uses adaptor pipes to incorporate the later style ball joint on the 1991-1994 headers. I run the Comptech units on my car, and I have been very happy with it and the way Comptech stands behind their products. The Comptech quality is top notch, and the Fujitsubo is untouchable. Here is the pricing:

DC Sports: $1299.00
Comptech: $1749.95 (special discount available from SoS, please inquire)
Fujitsubo stainless: $2445.00 - plus shipping

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 21 February 2002).]

Anyone installing DC headers have a problem with fitment/installation? What are the differences between the 91/94 and the 95/96? I suspect I may have been sent the wrong year as there appears to be no way the rear header is going to fit where it's supposed to.I have been following Brent Cobb's instructions from the FAQ and everything came apart correctly, but now the new installation is not working out. Any suggestions?

The fitment of the headers is generally good. You can tell the two years apart very easy. The 1991-1994 headers have a flex joint (looks like an accordian) and the 1995-1996 headers have a ball-joint and are shorter than the 1991-1994's.

Regards,
-- Chris

Originally posted by NSXLNT:
Anyone installing DC headers have a problem with fitment/installation? What are the differences between the 91/94 and the 95/96? I suspect I may have been sent the wrong year as there appears to be no way the rear header is going to fit where it's supposed to.I have been following Brent Cobb's instructions from the FAQ and everything came apart correctly, but now the new installation is not working out. Any suggestions?

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

I have a quick question, comptech sells 3 different headers, one for years 91 thru 94, another '95 thru '99, and one for '00 thru '01. Why is that? I'm a bit confused with regards to this. From this thread it seems that the '91-'94 would share the same design, the '95 - '96 another. I would imagine that 97 on appplications would be the same. Was there a change in '00 that we are not aware of?
http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/header10.html

Ryan

I had to loosen up the rear beam to drop it down about 1/2" in order for the rear DC header to mate properly to the engine. This step was not listed for the RM or Comptech headers. I wonder if this is a common difference with the DC headers? With the help of much more experienced NSX tweeker ( thanks Larry ), the DC Headers went right in, and are now awaiting installation of the Tubi exhaust.

I had dc headers installed in 97 on my 96-t.The first header had a poorly designed O2 sensor mounting position.It was directed into the fire wall of the gas tank.That was replaced by dc. The new header had the O2 bolt angled away from the partition but we still had to cut a sqare out of the partition between the forward facing header O2 bolt and the gas tank to allow clearence for the O3 wires.35k miles later no problems with dc header exhaust combo.

Back