• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

delete

^^^Made of win!

I really should be working but instead I am watching two guys cello-fight a la Star Wars while Darth Vader...

***Spoiler Alert***

...plays the accordian!

So did you google it or actually solve it? Because I'm still at it, could use a hint.

its actually not worth it b/c it just redirects you to a job application form....... weak!

and btw the key is there on the web server if you know where to look with the right tools. *hint* :)

Last edited:
...and that's the kind of hacktivity and resourcecodefullness they're lookin for :wink:

if you dont mind moving to the UK :)

ferrari-612-gto-concept-3.jpg

ferrari-612-gto-concept-11.jpg

ferrari-612-gto-concept-4.jpg

ferrari-612-gto-concept-6.jpg

ferrari-612-gto-concept-9.jpg

Ferrari-612-GTO-Concept-0.jpg

Ferrari-612-GTO-Concept-44.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nAvLlPCbyQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

xzKrU.gif

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GL-kXjl4Css" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So did you google it or actually solve it? Because I'm still at it, could use a hint.

They needed to make this a lot harder. The first part is too straightforward. What would have made it more interesting is if they used something other than x86 and made the code a lot more cryptic. eg. self decrypting and fake stuff to throw the cracker off the trail.

A few years ago I presented a challenge to some Apple engineers. I crafted some 6502 machine code using undefined opcodes that relied on the undefined behavior for the logic. What made it crafty was that there was an "obvious" solution once you figured out the side effects of the undefined opcodes, but the "real" solution actually depended on an obscure bug in that CPU that caused indirect jumps crossing a page boundary to jump to a different address. The Apple engineers found the first solution easily enough, but only discovered the real solution when they ran it on a 6502 simulator!

It may be a dying art, but anyone can learn how to disassemble code. If you want to do hardcore hacking/cracking, you need to go way way beyond this.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLK0CQW5gs4?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLK0CQW5gs4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

^ what an amazing booby trap! just put it on the screen...
turn the volume up all the way...
and just wait for your next victim!
it is irresistible...
my kids saw it...
started messing with the mouse and....
KA-BLAM!!!!

That's all nice and dandy. Im neither an IT guy nor have an IT education, I just happen to like riddle.

I agree they should have made it more of a riddle where you use outside-the- box thinking to solve it, rather than something that presupposes specific knowledge.

This had little to do with code breaking or solving a riddle and more to do with having a specific background. If their goal was to find someone well versed in that specific background (disassembly/reverse engineering) then they did a poor job of it because anyone adept in this field would have found it trivial.

Last edited:
I agree they should have made it more of a riddle where you use outside-the- box thinking to solve it, rather than something that presupposes specific knowledge.

This had little to do with code breaking or solving a riddle and more to do with having a specific background. If their goal was to find someone well versed in that specific background (disassembly/reverse engineering) then they did a poor job of it because anyone adept in this field would have found it trivial.

yea it didnt take long to solve it at all..... :biggrin:

Back