• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Deleted posts and threats of banishment?

Anyone care to give me an explanation as to why my posts have consistently been deleted within this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145711

I would also like to know why the member Dtrigg is allowed to make statements such as this:

I think that is an excellent question and I appreciate your asking for dialogue. I can't speak for others, but I'll be pleased to provide my personal insight. First, I think we can all agree the demography has changed drastically. The early owners purchased a NSX for $80,000 to perhaps $100,000. (The first NSX was sold at Gold Coast Acura in Oxnard, California. There were two guys with their check books, and the car went for $120,000 according to the people at Gold Coast.) Now we see threads asking how to finance a $20,000 NSX. I don't mean to imply that's a bad thing. It's just a different thing. I've been a member since 2003, but I owned a NSX when I lived in Europe and didn't know about NSX Prime at that time. So, I've owned a NA1 and now have a NA2.

Is this starting to paint a picture? NSX Prime was much more than a car site. It was an extremely tight community of friends. We really knew one another and liked one another. I think we had serious concerns about things like "street racing." We took our cars to the track.

Steve and I were talking about the birth of their second child this evening. It was not only a part of a community, but a real connection. It was more than a "car community." We knew one another and we cared about one another.

Now go back and read the thread. See any disparaging remarks about me as a person? See anything about me as being "holier than tho?" when I didn't mention any one? See a snide remark about the age of women I date? See when those members became members (2009, 2008 and 2010) Read the one that says this is a car thread and grammar doesn't matter? To me, that's like a lack of pride. Why doesen't it matter. Isn't this a different type of car site? Oh, now there is a new one...

See how members like it when someone "stirs the pot" but take exception when I "stir the pot" about grammar? And quite honestly, there weren't grammar lapses in the past. And, I couldn't help but point out how a person that has a master's degree couldn't spell it.

There wasn't hostility in the past. There wasn't the vitriolic posts in the past. In the past, this was FAR beyond a car forum. It was cars, friends, family, concerns, thoughts, etc. and that's what made it special. Look at the "off topic" number of threads versus the others.

Thank you for asking the question, and I hope it answers it from my prospective.

And this:
Thank you for your reply Mr. Sparrow. Appreciate your thoughts. I'm sure you'll do well at Best Buy with the way you think and conduct yourself. Hope you make enough commission selling speakers to fulfill all of your alcohol consumption and that I never see you or your friends in any public venue. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Not to mention he consistently harasses new members, yet when anyone attempts to call him out on all his bullshit, NSXPRIME's mods/Admin apparently protect him and delete any posts which bring to light his own hypocrisy.

Are you asking, accusing, or trying to continue your dispute in yet another thread? It's hard to tell.

To answer your question, some of your posts were deleted because I and other moderators found them not to be in the spirit of the site. Some others were deleted because they were replies to other posts that had been deleted.

Since there were multiple people taking moderator action in that thread I just went back and reviewed it all, taking a look at all the deleted messages, and I am fine with the way it was moderated. In reviewing the thread I found:

Posts you made: 14, of which 5 were deleted for thread-related dispute content, one for complaining about moderation of the thread within the thread itself (instead of in this section) where you announced your intent to repost one of your deleted messages, and then of course the post where you did repost your deleted message. FYI if I had been the one who dealt with that last one I would have suspended you from the site for 30+ days. The moderator who handled it just deleted it with a warning.

Posts dtrigg made: 10, of which 7 were deleted.

As for the big post you quoted from the recent thread, I can't really identify a major problem with it. Perhaps you could highlight the part you find inappropriate so I understand your position better. I trust it's not something petty.

Now, as for the final post you quoted, I had to search for that because I couldn't find it in the recent thread. Turns out it's from another thread where you previously butted heads with dtrigg. A couple things there:

* First, another moderator handled that entirely and chose to simply close the thread instead of deleting anything. In reviewing that thread I see you giving at least as good as you were getting. If that moderator feels further comment is warranted he can chime in.

* Second, if you had an issue with it, you should have reported it at the time to ensure it got appropriate consideration from a moderator instead of tucking it away as some sort of grudge to be pulled out again six months later.

Finally, I strongly suggest you and "Dtrigg" avoid each other from now on. Since you don't seem fond of each other this should make everyone's life better.

Are you asking, accusing, or trying to continue your dispute in yet another thread? It's hard to tell.
I was asking and honestly confused as to how my posts were deleted, yet Dtrigg's have not been.

To answer your question, some of your posts were deleted because I and other moderators found them not to be in the spirit of the site. Some others were deleted because they were replies to other posts that had been deleted.
I would assume the spirit of this site is to enjoy the NSX and all its aspects (i.e. performance related as well)? I was enjoying that thread of Batman's until Dtrigg decided to thread-jack and flame everyone with his usual brand of BS.

FYI if I had been the one who dealt with that last one I would have suspended you from the site for 30+ days. The moderator who handled it just deleted it with a warning.
Its clear the two of us don't see eye to eye, but I did PM the other OT moderators and asked them politely for any further information. The first notice that I got had no reason stated as to why my post was deleted, which is why I posted it again. The second time I got the notification, this was placed in the reason section:

Reason: Strike 2 - one more and the ump calls you out.....

Which is when I stopped posting my response.
As for the big post you quoted from the recent thread, I can't really identify a major problem with it. Perhaps you could highlight the part you find inappropriate so I understand your position better. I trust it's not something petty.

First, I think we can all agree the demography has changed drastically. The early owners purchased a NSX for $80,000 to perhaps $100,000. (The first NSX was sold at Gold Coast Acura in Oxnard, California. There were two guys with their check books, and the car went for $120,000 according to the people at Gold Coast.) Now we see threads asking how to finance a $20,000 NSX. I don't mean to imply that's a bad thing. It's just a different thing. I've been a member since 2003, but I owned a NSX when I lived in Europe and didn't know about NSX Prime at that time. So, I've owned a NA1 and now have a NA2.
At what point in time does the spirit of this site advocate you judge others of this forum by their socioeconomic status? Not to mention this is his own perceived socioeconomic status of others...not reality. The guy basically said, all the new guys a poor schmucks, I could afford my NSX when it first came out which makes me better than them. I will consistently harass and fling insults at you because I'm that much better. I wasn't the only person who took offense to this part of his post, there were three others who spoke up as well. I don't need to prove my buying power to some old guy who thinks he's above me but what I don't understand is how this type of rant is allowed on Prime & subsequently reinforced by a lack of warning or punishment for such statements. How does this type of backwards thinking represent the 'spirit' of the forum?

Now, as for the final post you quoted, I had to search for that because I couldn't find it in the recent thread. Turns out it's from another thread where you previously butted heads with dtrigg. A couple things there:

* First, another moderator handled that entirely and chose to simply close the thread instead of deleting anything. In reviewing that thread I see you giving at least as good as you were getting. If that moderator feels further comment is warranted he can chime in.

* Second, if you had an issue with it, you should have reported it at the time to ensure it got appropriate consideration from a moderator instead of tucking it away as some sort of grudge to be pulled out again six months later.

Finally, I strongly suggest you and "Dtrigg" avoid each other from now on. Since you don't seem fond of each other this should make everyone's life better.

I did make the mistake of not reporting it when I should have and it won't happen again. I brought it up to show you & others that this is a reoccurring theme with Dtrigg. I don't go out and pick fights with this guy, he instigates them.

As for me giving it as good as I was getting it, please show me how... I did not start with the insults. I simply tried to explain to him what the OP was thinking when he posted the vid on prime. As usual, Dtrigg went over board and when he had nothing else to say, began to insult me.

I find it hypocritical that Dtrigg is allowed to consistently annoy others with his 'grammar police' bit & question members intelligence, yet when I post a picture of his own grammar mistakes, it's consistently deleted.

New members should not be treated with such a lack of respect. If you want to cultivate a culture of community & comradery, I honestly cannot see how Dtrigg is any bit beneficial to that.

At what point in time does the spirit of this site advocate you judge others of this forum by their socioeconomic status?

I think you are overly personalizing a general statement, but that is just my outside view.

I don't go out and pick fights with this guy, he instigates them.

The two of you avoiding each other will solve that for you.

In the future if you believe he is intentionally provoking you despite your efforts to avoid him, report it and the moderators will review the situation. If you engage him in the thread, you will most likely end up on the wrong side of moderator and/or administrator actions. This applies to everyone.

As for the rest, as I said I reviewed the thread and am satisfied with the moderation. It's sort of like reviewing a football play - it has to be way off for me to second guess the original call since the whole thing is subjective to begin with. There are a lot of things that could have been better with that thread, and there were clearly multiple people provoking others. Not everyone is going to agree with the call, and posts can be read many different ways. But the moderation that took place was generally consistent with what I want for the site and evenly applied so it stands.

I was asking and honestly confused as to how my posts were deleted, yet Dtrigg's have not been.

I hope I was able to clear up that misconception in my first post explaining that, in fact, more (both as a raw number and a percent) of his posts were deleted. Beyond that, the posts that were deleted were either not in the spirit of the site, or were just replies to other posts that were deleted. Again, I reviewed the thread and believe the moderator action was appropriate, so that is the end of it.

While we may not see eye to eye, as you noted, I answered to your primary inquiry as to why your posts were deleted and tried to at least share my view regarding your other concerns. So unless there is something new and significant, I am considering this issue closed.

I don't think I have ever seen someone get banned from here. Next time you and Doug decide to butt heads, let me know so I can watch.

popcorns.gif

Back